Posted July 01, 2014
Oak Grove Elementary is everything my daughter needed. She LOVES it!! The entire staff is kind, and HAPPY (imagine that in a public school!), and it shows in the way they teach and care for the kids. The expectations are high, and I love that. They teach to the upper limits of the kids, pushing them to do better, and they DO! We will be members of the Oak Grove family for as long as we possibly can. Mr. Conley and his staff are amazing, and examples to be followed by other schools.

Posted June 30, 2014
My son attended this school this past year, he was a kindergartner. Within the first month they had taken him out of his class, to create an additional class, which I understood. However, the teacher of that class was not qualified, she even admitted to me that she had never taught kindergarten before. I was very upset, spoke to the principal and he basically patronized my feelings about it. Eventually enough parents had complained and they did replace the teacher, something that should have been done to begin with!

Posted June 30, 2014
They neglected to do a head count when they brought the children in from recess, and my friend's child was accidentally left outside on the playground by themselves without any supervision. To me this is not only inexcusable but completely irresponsible, I felt so bad for them, needless to say their child no longer attends this school. Hope this advice helps those are thinking about having their child attend.

Oak Grove Elementary Fine Arts Academy 2

Posted May 17, 2013
I dislike this school for my son this year. My son is 5 years old and this was his first year in kindergarten. His teacher was excellent but she was overcrowded with 20+ students and had no order for controling some of the children. I would go there to help out and she was overwhelmed with the student:teacher ratio. It was horrible. I felt the school was very much racist. There was not 1 african american student of the month and there was only 1 african american teacher and she was a headstart teacher. I will be removing my son from that school next year.

Oak Grove Elementary Fine Arts Academy 4

Posted January 23, 2012
We moved from a Cobb County school 2 years ago. I wish we had moved sooner. The teachers are excellent. They really enjoy teaching and my daughter has improved so much. Thank you Oak Grove!

Posted May 21, 2011
The staff is amazing! The principal is focused on the continuing growth and improvement of the school, students and teachers. And the principal stays on top of the newest technological learning and teaching tools to help the teachers with organization and creative teaching methods. I have been pleased on every level with Oak Grove.

Posted July 12, 2010
WE love Oak Grove elementary. The school is very community oriented and focused on educating with lots of gifted education strategies.

Oak Grove Elementary Fine Arts Academy 4

Posted October 05, 2009

Posted September 03, 2009
I have nothing but good things to say about this school. Excellent teachers and librarians that truly seek out great educational experiences. I participated in the mystery reader program and felt the children really took an interest in expanding their reading experiences.

Posted September 01, 2009
Done with this school. Those of you who love it, great for you. My child is out and in homeschool as of yesterday. The final straw was when this school replaced a needed academic class with some feel good self-esteem nonsense. You might want the school telling your child how they should feel and teaching them ethics but as far as I am concerned those are my job. I have nothing against the teachers and Ms. Holbrook is a wonderful lady. I have serious doubts about some of the administration and the choices they make. People remember back when you were a kid. We learned, we dealt with life and we didn't need some counselor telling us how to cope. I am a Christian and those are the values I will instill in my child. I will not have some government school do it for me!

Oak Grove Elementary Fine Arts Academy
6118 Woodstock Rd, Acworth, GA  30102
Last modified Oak Grove Elementary Fine Arts Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Grove Elementary Fine Arts Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top