Acworth Intermediate School 2

Posted July 29, 2014
Hated it. My eldest daughter went to Powder Springs Elementary which, while not rated high on this site, we always felt welcome and encouraged to be a part and to volunteer. We knew they cared deeply for their students and did the best they could with the resources they had. My middle daughter started at McCall Primary which was AMAZING. Then she went into Acworth Intermediate and I could not believe the drastic difference! Parents are not treated kindly. You feel like an intruder from the minute you walk in the front office. I once brought a huge bag of supplies fir her teacher in and was told by the front office to take it to her classroom, only to be literally SCOLDED by her teacher that I was supposed to check in at the front office before coming into her classroom. This was just one of several teachers she had that would YELL at their students and scold them for asking questions. She is still afraid to ask questions to this day, even at a new school. Also, they complain about lack of parental involvement. I signed up every single year to volunteer and never got ONE phone call in the four years we were there.

Acworth Intermediate School 2

Posted March 21, 2014
I had heard horror stories about the teachers at this school and thought they could not be true - I was wrong! After 5 years and speaking with many parents, I can say that I have never seen so much bullying of children by TEACHERS in my life. I know of several parents who removed their children after only a few weeks. Some of the teachers are great! But, they are few and far between. If you have to send your children here, listen to them and stand up for them! Grading and expectations are inconsistent and parent concerns are often brushed off by administration.

Acworth Intermediate School 1

Posted April 08, 2013
This school is horrible if you have a child with learning disabilities. They don't even want to acknowledge that a student may have a problem. The principle was no help help at all. So how do they address kids with learning disabilities? My sons teacher put my him in a closet after calling him lazy when he wasn't able to read a sentence. He couldn't come out until the lesson was over! We pulled him out the next day. He is flourishing in his new school where they got him in the proper classes the first week we were there. If your kid has trouble learning... Do yourself a favor, get out while you can.

Acworth Intermediate School 1

Posted June 19, 2009

Acworth Intermediate School 3

Posted April 18, 2009

Posted August 01, 2008
I am very impressed with the progress made by the new administration. I had concerns at 1st but no longer have doubts that this is a great school. The teachers enjoy teaching and truly care about each child.

Acworth Intermediate School 0

Posted April 13, 2008
I am not impressed with this school at all. The children have no physical outlet prior to lunch, yet I have witnessed the lights turned off during lunch to control the amount of talking that they children do. They are made to walk in lines that stay exactly one tile over from the wall. This is a public school not the Army!

Posted November 15, 2007

Posted August 09, 2007

Posted May 28, 2007
This school has some of the best teachers around! They put new meaning to 'above and beyond'! Most will do anything to see their students succeed and are very receptive to forming a positive parent-teacher partnership.

Acworth Intermediate School
4220 Cantrell Rd NW, Acworth, GA  30101
Last modified Acworth Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 2-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Acworth Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.