Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Posted May 15, 2016
Oh my God , this is the worst school ever . Few teachers are good the rest are bullied . Principle never reply to your messages and she same careless of student .Lot of bullying kids the school never try to handle it or solve it . My kid hate the school and I do too .

Acworth Intermediate School 5

Posted May 08, 2016
This is a great school in a wonderful and safe community. There is a large involvement from the community, parents and teachers!

Posted May 16, 2015
I HAVE HAD THREE KIDS TO ATTEND THIS SCHOOL AND I HAVE HAD VERY BAD INTERACTIONS WITH THIS SCHOOL, IF YOU KNOW YOU NEED HELP AND SOMEONE IS THERE TO HELP REGARDLESS OF RACE DON'T LOOK THEM UP AND DOWN LIKE THEY HAVE A DISEASE ARE SOMETHING. I HAVE NOT ATTENDED ANYTHING AT THAT SCHOOL FOR MY CHILD SORRY TO SAY, BUT I DID THIS TO KEEP FROM CURSING SOMEONE OUT, BECAUSE ANY ONE WHO KNOWS ME KNOW THAT YOU WILL GET CURSED THE HELL OUT THERE ARE TWO THINGS YOU DON'T MESS WITH OF MINDS AND IT IS GOD AND MY KIDS I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS HOW IT IS.

Posted May 15, 2015
WORST SCHOOL EVER. IF YOUR CHILD ENJOYS LEARNING DO NOT ALLOW THEM TO ATTEND THIS SCHOOL. THE ADULTS (SOME TEACHERS AND HEAD ADMINISTRATION) ARE THE BIGGEST BULLIES AND THEREFORE PROMOTE THAT BEHAVIOR AND ENVIRONMENT TO THE CHILDREN. RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN FROM THIS PLACE.

Acworth Intermediate School 4

Posted February 20, 2015
This is the 2nd year for my child at this school. The administration and parent liaison try their best to keep parents and families informed about happenings at school via emails, flyers, phone calls etc. The workshops are useful tools and can help parents assist their children with curriculum/techniques etc. Most of the teachers at my child's current grade level have very informative blogs about what's being covered in the classes. The school has good after school activities thanks to the RSP program. Senior administration is also very involved and acts promptly to issues brought to their attention.

Acworth Intermediate School 2

Posted July 29, 2014
Hated it. My eldest daughter went to Powder Springs Elementary which, while not rated high on this site, we always felt welcome and encouraged to be a part and to volunteer. We knew they cared deeply for their students and did the best they could with the resources they had. My middle daughter started at McCall Primary which was AMAZING. Then she went into Acworth Intermediate and I could not believe the drastic difference! Parents are not treated kindly. You feel like an intruder from the minute you walk in the front office. I once brought a huge bag of supplies fir her teacher in and was told by the front office to take it to her classroom, only to be literally SCOLDED by her teacher that I was supposed to check in at the front office before coming into her classroom. This was just one of several teachers she had that would YELL at their students and scold them for asking questions. She is still afraid to ask questions to this day, even at a new school. Also, they complain about lack of parental involvement. I signed up every single year to volunteer and never got ONE phone call in the four years we were there.

Acworth Intermediate School 2

Posted March 21, 2014
I had heard horror stories about the teachers at this school and thought they could not be true - I was wrong! After 5 years and speaking with many parents, I can say that I have never seen so much bullying of children by TEACHERS in my life. I know of several parents who removed their children after only a few weeks. Some of the teachers are great! But, they are few and far between. If you have to send your children here, listen to them and stand up for them! Grading and expectations are inconsistent and parent concerns are often brushed off by administration.

Posted April 08, 2013
This school is horrible if you have a child with learning disabilities. They don't even want to acknowledge that a student may have a problem. The principle was no help help at all. So how do they address kids with learning disabilities? My sons teacher put my him in a closet after calling him lazy when he wasn't able to read a sentence. He couldn't come out until the lesson was over! We pulled him out the next day. He is flourishing in his new school where they got him in the proper classes the first week we were there. If your kid has trouble learning... Do yourself a favor, get out while you can.

Acworth Intermediate School 5

Posted August 01, 2008
I am very impressed with the progress made by the new administration. I had concerns at 1st but no longer have doubts that this is a great school. The teachers enjoy teaching and truly care about each child.

Acworth Intermediate School

Posted April 13, 2008
I am not impressed with this school at all. The children have no physical outlet prior to lunch, yet I have witnessed the lights turned off during lunch to control the amount of talking that they children do. They are made to walk in lines that stay exactly one tile over from the wall. This is a public school not the Army!

Acworth Intermediate School
4220 Cantrell Rd Nw, Acworth, GA  30101
Last modified Acworth Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 2-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.