Acworth, GA

Posted April 22, 2014
This is a fantastic school. The teachers and staff are caring and helpful. They go above and beyond the call of duty. Very happy to have my child at Ford.

Posted March 23, 2014
What a fantastic school! I was VERY pleased when we moved here from Maryland about 3 1/2 years ago, at the dedication from the counselors, teachers and faculty. Great teachers who REALLY love their students and are devoted to their academic success. I can't say enough about this school. I love their beautiful garden the students/teachers there planted, as well. Very happy :)

Posted October 21, 2013
This is a great School, we just moved from Germany to the USA and we thought it will be challange for our Son. All Teachers are taking care about the Students. Our son loves going to Ford Elementary School becasue he feels integrated. All Teachers including ESOL-Teacher doing a great job. Our son loves although the special activities and he is looking forward to go to scholl every day.

Ford Elementary School 3

Posted October 11, 2013
My son attend Ford and has for the last two years after transferring in from an out of state school. The school has been good for him and he is challenged academically in the classroom and in Target. The teachers have taken a personal interest in him and have worked to challenge him past the core curriculum given his ability in school. I will say that the support staff is stand-offish and unfriendly. When I have visited the office to check him in or out, the staff there does not know his name (he is in his 3rd acadmeic year there) and do not bother even getting up to help me. They come across as being bothered if you ask any questions. In his first year, there was a bullying issue and the school was slow to follow up on the issue once it was raised to their attention - using the excuse that the CRCT testing was going on at the time the request was made. After having to follow up and ask, the issue was eventually resolved but I never felt it got the sense of urgency needed especially given the impact of bullying at a young age. To summarize - academically the school is fine and that is the most important thing; from a customer service perspective - it fails.

Posted May 16, 2012
This school is amazing.... Teachers know how to help children to build self esteem & confidence (my son is now so motivated), so children naturally scores A's. After school clubs & target programs are also fantastic, children can't stop talking how they like to learn at school. Very warm, caring, friendly environment. I don't believe I can find better place for my son.

Ford Elementary School 0

Posted May 11, 2010
Teachers are awesome. Parent-Teacher partnership to do what is best for every child. Faculty and staff go above and beyond what is expected and do the best job possible for the KIDS!

Posted April 03, 2010
We've had a great experience at Ford. The Principal and Staff are all very dedicated and loving to the children. Mrs. Pepper is an outstanding leader. They have a fantastic garden program and the foundation-sponsored Science Lab is great! My children are receiving an education on par or better than many private schools.

Posted February 11, 2009
This is an update to my 'overcrowded' review of May 2007. I want to commend Ford Elementary and Cobb County schools - Job Well Done! Re-districting, a new elementary school, and outstanding Ford professionals (leadership, teachers, and everyone at the school) have resolved all past crowding issues already. Having another wonderful year at Ford!

Posted October 15, 2008

Ford Elementary School 4

Posted February 05, 2008
My children have recieved an excellent education at Ford. Their Target program is the best. We moved here from California and the gifted program here far exceeds anything they were doing there. I have had 3 children in Ford Elementary and have to say for the most part they have had great teachers - very caring and enthusiastic and very focused on education. Ford is definitely overcrowded, the redistricting is a mess and the overcrowding will not be relieved for a while as many parents will choose to drive their kids to Ford.

Ford Elementary School
1345 Mars Hill Rd NW, Acworth, GA  30101
Last modified Ford Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ford Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top