Acworth, GA
Students enrolled: 1,106

Posted November 14, 2014
I am A current 8th Grader at Durham, all advanced classes. I feel that the reviews from 2005, 2003, 2006 all need to be shoved out the door. This school is THE best school i have EVER seen. The reports of bullying are all overrated. we have not had any "fist fights". ive been here for three years now and the programs are better than you can find anywhre else. The teachers offer FREE tutoring, they actually have REALLY fun clases that engage students like me (cough cough Mrs. Skeans cough) the upper faculty (Principle, assistant principles) are always being envolved directly with the students and we all love them. Some people may disagree because "but there is too much homework :(" My only responce is "Your a Middle Schooler now, act like it". This school offers TONS of extra-curricular activities. I am involved in many, such as the Jr. Beta club, the Orchestra program, the Patriot Club (posts and retires colours after every school day) and the Durham Media Committe. this school has a weekly charachter program that requires students to answer ethical and moral questions that actually make them THINK. This school astonishes all visitors and brings honor to the community.

Posted April 19, 2014
Great school for the Cobb district. Had the pleasure of meeting the teachers and seeing how much they care about the growth of the students. Worth the drive from powder springs.

Posted September 06, 2013
Durham is an incredible school. They have great teachers and well managed classrooms, from what I can tell. My daughter loves being there. Their character education system and discipline structures are impressive and have changed the school in a lot of good ways. They reward students for good behavior on Fridays, which is a great incentive for the kids to do their best and my daughter loves it! Dr. Galante is a very approachable principal and seems to be doing a great job. The music programs there are excellent, as well. Of course, middle schoolers will be middle schoolers and drama happens...even with good kids, but this school is great and even better than the private school my daughter was in previously.

Durham Middle School 4

Posted August 22, 2013
My daughter is an eight grader at this school and she is doing really well. This is not her district school, the drive is long but it is so worth it. I'm please with Mrs. Cox, she has been a tremendous help in getting my daughter into the right classes and getting her re-adjusted back at Durham. Keep up the great work.

Posted August 03, 2012
I am a student at Durham Middle School. I have not once witnessed drugs or back talk. Our school has some fairly bad systems in place for getting to class on time. Everyone is way to rushed. Often times the teachers will not allow you to use the restroom in the middle of class, although you only have 4 minutes inbetween class (You have to go to your locker and go to the restroom in this time). Other than that I beleive I am getting a great education here.

Durham Middle School 1

Posted December 06, 2011
This school has no idea what is going on within it's own walls...there are kids who bully and even punch kids and nothing is done, the administration is just marking time and do nothing to insure students safety. The teachers give grades based on personal feelings rather than academics and when questioned about it the grade mysteriously goes up the next day. I have been involved with Cobb County schools for 30 years as a student myself and with my other children but no more, this school changed my mind and I am pulling my Daughter out and homeschooling her. You can believe what you wish but this school is out of control and very dissmissive to parents and the issues going on here, it gets worse every year. Please keep an eye on your child if you decide to send them here.

Durham Middle School 2

Posted March 05, 2011
Durham Middle School is so insane. Kids back talk, people are passing drugs around behind teacher's backs, and the classes are so huge! Theres about thirty kids in each classroom. The teachers are rude and never are able to keep up with grades. I hated the three years ive been at Durham. Worst years of my life.

Posted December 15, 2010
Durham is a great school its principal Georganne Young is soooo funny, I feel safe in the classroom, it is cool that every class has a smartboard

Posted November 18, 2009

Durham Middle School 1

Posted July 30, 2009

Durham Middle School
2891 Mars Hill Rd NW, Acworth, GA  30101
Last modified Durham Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Durham Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top