Acworth, GA
Students enrolled: 1,846

Allatoona High School
Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted June 21, 2015
As a senior this year who will be finishing high school with 12 ap courses, varsity soccer captain, and numerous other clubs, it is easy for me to say that this school focuses more on dress code than it does the education of students...

Allatoona High School 4

Posted December 20, 2013
The school has a great enviroment for learning and nurturing the students. Plenty of extra curricular activities. I have son in 10th grade and he could not be happier. There block system works well to challenge the kids and pushing the to excel. Like any school they have some discipline issues but in comparison to other schools in the area. I feel my son is safe and has support to make good decisions. Their athletic programs are lead by a great staff and produces great results.

Posted June 11, 2013
Allatoona is a GREAT school! My child has been there for two years and we have thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience. The principal does not put up with much in the way of bad behavior and demands much of his students in character and dress. The sports team excel in all areas. The band is very large & impressive. The ROTC program is wonderful and a tight group of friends. We have found the teachers to be very professional and helpful and the demands of each student high. They push the kids to do their best on all levels. No problems in the school that I know of and there is a ton of school "Buccaneer Pride" and graduates who are going on to very impressive schools! The school seems to be very safe with no stories of fights, problems, etc. The kids seem to really have a healthy respect for each other. We wouldn't be anywhere else in West Cobb!

Allatoona High School 4

Posted May 15, 2013
I recommend your child go to this one. This school has rose and blossomed almost immediately. The teachers are caring and will help you no matter what the problem is. The administrators are always there to be for you. Although the dress code policy is strict, it doesn't matter. The students are mostly willing to learn. There are so many extracurricular activities and opportunities. They are very focused on sports though and half of the teachers are coaches.

Posted October 05, 2012
Our oldest child graduated from Allatoona last year and we could have not imagined a better experience! The teachers are excellent, the student body well behaved and respectful, communication with parents is very good, and the academics and extra curricular activities very well lead and organized. Best of all is the school leadership, starting with the principal, a man of high convictions and character. I'm convinced he is one of Georgia's finest, and Alatoona one of metro Atlanta's best kept secrets. A conservative school where charachter is exemplified and rewarded. Top notch in every way! Beautiful facilities and location.

Allatoona High School 1

Posted August 08, 2012
This school is horrible. They worry about the wrong things. Putting kids in ISS for having holes in their shoes and when described my financial situation the administration said they did not care. The principal laughed in my face. My child was a straight A student and now has B's and C's. They picked their teachers based on their athletic abilities, so they do not teach correctly. My child has to get help from other students who have tutors because they did not get it either. As long as they're doing good in sports they don't care. The administration needs to be changed with people who aren't arrogant, have repect, and have their priorities aimed towards a childs success education wise.
8 people found this helpful

Posted March 12, 2012
As of May 2012, I will have graduated my second child from this school. Having moved to this area from a 5A school in the mid west, we were very concerned about which school to choose. Having heard about the administration that this new school was putting into place, we chose Allatoona High School. We have been exceptionally pleased with the Administration and how they handle the students. My children were welcomed as if they had always been from this area. There are many ways that students can get involved-but it is up to the student to determine that. Obviously, in every school you will have teachers which don't quite rise to your expectations but this is far overshadowed by the fact that the majority of educators far exceed what you can expect.. My daughter graduated from this school two years ago and has fond memories of the friendships made, including many teachers and administrators in which she still keeps in contact with. The band program in which my son is involved is exceptional! He has formed many lifelong friendships at this school as well. He, too, will graduate this May with great memories. I can not say enough good things about this school-GREAT school!
2 people found this helpful

Allatoona High School 2

Posted February 01, 2011
Not a unified school. The school does not practice inclusion. Special Education Department needs training. Some of the teachers are excellent. The school should hold diversity education. Also, sports is their importance.
3 people found this helpful

Posted January 31, 2011
I love this school. The teachers and administration are very approachable. They have a very good and involved PTSA. The coaches are very committed in every sport. Also a good mix of kids.

Posted December 29, 2010
The teachers and coaches here are the best in the county. Thet actually invest in your children and teach life skills.

Allatoona High School
3300 Dallas Acworth Hwy NW, Acworth, GA  30101
Last modified Allatoona High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Allatoona High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top