PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

I think that our school is the best value in Albany. Our students go on to become leaders at area high schools and beyond. Our Test Scores are excellent (75th percentile school-wide). More importantly, our students know that they were created for a reason; to make the world a better place. Please call me personaly to see our scool in action!
March 11, 2014

Bad
Good

Posted April 16, 2014
This is a great school with a caring staff. Our family loves this school. The teachers really care about the students.

Posted April 15, 2014
Moving here right before the summer began and spending most of the summer by the golf club, the Saint Teresa environment was a breath of fresh air . The school is warm and friendly. The staff, parents, teachers and children are very welcoming and genuine. The Christian background and high standards of the school, both academic and behavioral, helps in developing respectful, kind, intelligent and well-rounded children. The school, families, and students are not cliquey; wealth and material things are not relevant and I strongly believe that has to do with strong faith of the school. It is evident that the students, teachers and families have their values in place. You do not have to be Catholic to fit in or to be welcomed. The class sizes are very small which enables better instruction and a higher level of student engagement. Also, the entire school is like one big family. The students all know each other and look out for one another. I believe that Saint Teresa s students do very well in high school after graduating in 8th . Just ask the teachers of high schools in the area and they will probably tell you that Saint Teresa students are in the top of their class.

St. Teresa's School 2

Posted March 23, 2014
St. Teresa's is a school with a rigous program, but with no room for differentiate instructions on a regular basis. The staff does not monitor the students on a regular basis. Therefore, incidents take place that adults are unaware of as well as do not try to become aware of. There are some caring teachers at St. Teresa's.

Posted March 20, 2014
I am a former student from St. Teresa's school (STS). I went on to Lee County High School after graduation. I took honors and advanced placement (AP) courses throughout high school. The courses at St. Teresa's school prepared me for AP courses in high school. I passed every AP exam I took. I went on to Kennesaw State University and excelled. I graduated in four years with a bachelor s degree. Academics aside, I also excelled socially after STS. In high school I was voted best all around as a senior superlative. I was also voted prom king of my senior class. This shows that going to a private school does not make you socially awkward or inadequate once you go on to a public (or private) high school. Looking back I realize that I was able to excel in high school and college because of St. Teresa's. The study and homework habits taught at STS apply perfectly in high school and college. The students at STS work hard academically, but more importantly they learn what it means to be responsible and capable young people. St. Teresa s presents an environment of integrity in times of moral ambiguity. Personally I would not trade my time at STS for anything.

Posted March 20, 2014
I am a parent at St. Teresa's School currently. Enrolling them here was the best decision for our children.

Posted March 16, 2014
We love STS! My kids enjoy being there and, as a parent, I enjoy having my children there and being able to volunteer all the time! I love the community feeling and how the staff encourages parent input and involvement! I love how my kids learn about God and Jesus daily and learn all kinds of important religious information. I love how they begin and end the day with prayer and that my kids are held to a high standard of behavior and accomplishment. We love STS!!

Posted March 13, 2014
St. Teresa's Catholic School is the best! I speak from both a parent's point of view as well as a teacher. Not only is academics strong, but the students become even closer to Christ through their spiritual development. My children have many fond memories of their days at STS and have many lasting friendships. We are proud to be a part of the STS family.

Posted March 12, 2014
For over 65 years, St. Teresa's School has held high academic esteem and moral responsibility in the Albany area. Repeatedly, parents of graduated students will say that their children were so well prepared for high school because of the education at St. Teresa's. You do not have to be Catholic to attend. Our children are growing up in a loving school community, with high academic standards and an attention to moral values. We are so glad to apart of the St. Teresa's family.

Posted March 12, 2014
My sons who are now all in their 40s attended St. Teresa's School. They are now parents themselves and all successful men of solid character. I credit the foundation gained at St. Teresa's as a key contributer to their development. Now, years later I have been reintroduced to the school as we have enrolled our grand-daughtern now in her 3rd year of attendance. I'm happy to say that what was a great school in the 70s/80s is still a great school (and better) in 2014. Solid acedemics, strong parental support, nurturing support, & loving discipline. One can tell that both the students and teachers like being there and this 'like' spills over to an improved leanring environment. There is diversity among teachers and students, class size is small, and St. Teresa's also offers an affordable option to local public schools Put it all together, and I wouldn't want my grand-daughter anywhere else right now..

Posted March 12, 2014
My husband and I had three sons that attended St. Teresa's Catholic School and one of the three graduated from this school. The one that graduated now has his daughter in PK4 and she attended PK3 last year. The reason that our children attend St. Teresa School is the education, the care of the teachers and the professionalism of the principal and her staff. We know that the children are safe, well taken care of and well educated when they attend St. Teresa School. We know they are not under any influence of prejudice based race, or sex, or religion. While we are Catholic there are children attending that are not. Our children learn to live in an environment that is free of all prejudice and have a caring and loving and protective day to day learning situation. The courses selected for each grade level prepares the student to go on to higher education and prepares them for the future. They are hungry for the learning experience that these teachers provide for them. The teachers fight for newest courses of study that are out on the market; they stay current in technology and in methods of teaching their courses. There is no better school in southwest Georgia.

St. Teresa's School