Lincoln Elementary Magnet School 3

Posted September 01, 2012
If academic scores is your only reason for choosing a school, this is the best school in Albany. However, if you ever have a problem or disagree with administration over any concern you may have that will affect your child's learning environment, don't expect to gain much support. You will be reminded that Lincoln is a school of choice, and you can take your child to another school if you don't agree with their decision, even if you are right to be concerned. Beware! The same rules do not apply to everyone! Over the past ten years that I have had children in this school, I know many, many parents who have removed their children for this reason and others. All the information you need to see the REAL issues with the school system as a whole is to read the local newspaper over the past couple of years.

Posted September 12, 2011
the best school ever and the teachers are the best i go to this school

Lincoln Elementary Magnet School 1

Posted April 27, 2011
If I could put a negative rating, I would. While the school's academics are outstanding, their concern for the children is lacking. There is nothing wrong with playing popular music at school events but when that music has content that is so repulsive that I cannot repeat it on this review there should be a big concern. I was assured that the Principal reviews all the music. This concerns me since what I heard playing at a school event for first graders were the so-called clean versions of the songs. This was not an isolated incident. There were at least three songs with repulsive lyrics being played to 6 year olds. The school said that they would have to have a DJ clean up the "clean" versions. WHY ARE YOU LETTING 6 YEAR OLDS LISTEN TO MUSIC THAT THE "CLEAN" VERSIONS ARE STILL INAPPROPRIATE? Maybe they should be listening the music that the only version is CLEAN.

Lincoln Elementary Magnet School 4

Posted April 19, 2011
This is our daughter's second year at Lincoln and we are very satisfied. The school is not located in the best area, but I can assure you that staff members work hard to provide safety for the students. My husband and I are highly satisfied with the education our daughter is receiving at Lincoln. If they could add some type of excel/gifted program to include lower grade levels that would be an added bonus!! Keep up the good work, Ms.Holmes(principal), Mr.Fowler(AP), and all of the staff..including the custodial workers! They're GREEEAT!

Posted October 11, 2010
The school is a magnet school that stresses academics. In my opinion that is what kids need today to succeed in college and in my house college is not an option if you want to succeed in today's world. All the teachers there are great and they really seem to want to make a difference with the kids!

Posted January 27, 2010

Lincoln Elementary Magnet School 4

Posted December 23, 2009
Majority of the staff at the school are very professional. I love this school. I just wish that even though these are all very smart kids, that they would have a better reward system like trophies for certain achievements instead of everybody just getting certificates.

Lincoln Elementary Magnet School 3

Posted October 15, 2009
The principal and assistant principal are very unprofessional. The teachers are very warm and friendly and trully care.

Lincoln Elementary Magnet School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
Lincoln has a history of academic excellence for all of the children. It uses its resources to help everyone.

Lincoln Elementary Magnet School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
I love lincoln elementary school because the staff are friendly and professional, the school is clean and safe, and my child has fun while she learns.

Lincoln Elementary Magnet School
518 W Society Ave, Albany, GA  31701
Last modified Lincoln Elementary Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lincoln Elementary Magnet School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top