Bad
Good
1 OVERALL RATING

Being a Military wife and mom and former teacher, we have lived in many places over the years and seen many schools and know the challenges of what kids face when they move from school to school. After researching and visiting all other possible school options here in Albany - which there are only a few - Far Horizons is the best school on all levels for both of our children. (5 & 7) The level of academics and teacher involvement is stellar and can't be matched. Our children absolutely love their classes and are already several grade levels above in all subjects. No matter where they go to school for 4th grade they will excel at an extremely high level and have an easy transition. The afterschool education program, school plays and shows and summer learning camps are all top notch. The small class size allows for our children to get lots of one on one with the teachers which has enabled them to easy master skills with little difficulty. The Principal, is a third generation Montessori Instructor and is passionate about preparing her students to love learning and be successful in all subjects when they leave. I can t recommend this school enough.

My two daughters attended Far Horizons Montessori in Albany, Georgia. We have since moved out of state. I'm sad that my son did not have an opportunity to attend. My older daughter attended from age 3 to first grade. She has excelled beyond our expectations and I would be remiss if I did took all of the credit. She has been accepted in the gifted program in her new school. My younger daughter also has done very well. She only attended for one year prior to our move. Miss Marlowe works with each of the kids individually and supports them going as far as they can go. Academically, if the school philosophy and atmosphere fits your child's personality, you won't be disappointed. The foundation that Far Horizons provides is phenomenal.

Last modified Far Horizons Montessori is a Private school that serves grades PK-3