Bad
Good

Posted July 12, 2012
Best school in the state, BEst schhol in the land One test ONe time No Excuses NO Exceptions

Posted March 07, 2012
Best school in the system best school in the state. One test one time alright.

Posted October 08, 2009
Westove is truely a wonderful school! My son is an athelete and the couching staff takes great care of him. I didn't mention acedemics first, b/c the are so stable. I believe it's a great schoo!

Westover High School

Posted October 03, 2009
I attended WHS in the 70's and I have been a successful businessman for many years. My daughter graduated from in 2002 and received her Masters from VSU with honors. My son graduated in 2005 and is an honor graduate from Ga. Tech. My other son graduated on 2008 and is an honor student at UGA. There is nothing wrong with the the education they received at Westover High School.

Posted October 15, 2008
Very disciplined school with the best kids in dougherty county

Posted December 09, 2007
I am a graduating college senior and former student of Westover High School. Not only did this school prepare me academically but also socially. Many problems and encounters I experienced with those in authority (teachers and administrators) exposed me to challenges within not only the workforce but also life in general. I feel that I gained MORE than a honors high school diploma but also an advantage over those entering the real world along with me. From racial issues to being able to defend what I felt was right as a student, Westover exposed me to it all! I was able to gain friendships that are to this day stronger than ever and I also left with memories that will last a lifetime! I will forever be greatful for this experience and will cherish it for the rest of my life!

Posted September 13, 2007
Eventhough I'm a somore at Westover I love it already. All my teachers are realy nice and I feel like I did at my middle school, Merry Acers.

Posted November 25, 2005
I am a senior at Westover Comprehensive High School and I strongly feel that no other high school in all of Dougherty County could have better prepared me for success. The school truly reflects the city of Albany. The student body is 75 percent black, but we are also exposed to a great variety of people which I feel is a tool that the other three high schools lack. The Marching Patriots are currently the best band in the city and our basketball team is very well known for its success and numerous state championships. Our school gets bad press from the media, but I still highly recommend Westover over any high school in Albany.

Posted June 27, 2005
I'm sure the curriculum (county wide) is challenging enough. It 04-05 was my child's first year in high school, but she felt more challenged in middle school (when we lived in Charlotte, NC. The vast majority of the teachers have high expectations and teach to those expectations. There are a few who claim to have expectations but do not teach. There is great parental involvement when it comes to sports e.g basketball, football, and soccer. I think parental involvement school wide would be better if the principal were open to the idea. Communications from the school are few and far between, which I think is critical when you have teenagers who don't always want you up at the school. Discipline is good. I've walked in the school many times and seen only a few students in the hallways. Those I've see weren't lingering around. The principal is very accessible.

Westover High School
2600 Partridge Dr, Albany, GA  31707
Last modified Westover High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.