Lake Park Elementary School 3

Posted May 06, 2013
This school is just ok not "great" like claims. They need to impliment a program or system for new students within state and county AND for brand new students from out of state and county. It would help with teachers not being overwhelmed & having to remember What new students and parents need to know. Teachers need character development classes and how to respond classes instead of being so defensive and taking things too personal & literal therefore forgetting about the student. Schools have come to political. KNOW THE TEACHER YOUR CHILD IS ABOUT TO HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH BEFORE PUTTING THEM IN THE CLASSROOM, ASK AROUND!!!!

Posted April 30, 2013
Lake Park Elementary School is amazing! My granddaughter has been there for a year and I am thrilled with everything she has learned. Her mathematics instruction is especially exciting. Although she is only in kindergarten, she has a thorough understanding of place value. She learned this from games and hands-on activities which were valuable for a 5-year old. My granddaughter's reading instruction has also been impressive. She has an incredible sight-word vocabulary and can sound out almost any decodeable word. The school climate is also exemplary. When we attended the Lake Park Talent Show, all the teachers and staff were energetic and happy. I am very excited about the excellent foundation this little girl is receiving.

Posted May 13, 2009
This is an incredible school. The principal and teachers care deeply for the children and the children's education.

Lake Park Elementary School 2

Posted March 14, 2008

Lake Park Elementary School 4

Posted October 19, 2007

Lake Park Elementary School 3

Posted April 19, 2006
As a gifted student, my son had trouble staying focused at the beginning of the year due to the lack of challenging work. Now that he has been recognized, his educational stimulation has improved. I have difficulty supporting the strong stance taken with discipline in the school and the lack of consistency among teachers in this area. A child in one class can be kept from recess while a child in another class can be sent to the office for the same offense.

Posted June 27, 2005
The teachers have high expectations of their students which in evident not only by the state wide test scores (CRCT), but also by the behavior of the students in and out of the classroom. The extracurricular activities are mainly academic (Science Olympiads, Save our Sea turtles, math club, chorus etc.) although they do have basketball. I wish they'd start a soccer program. I must praise them for requiring students to attend physical education daily. My child's 3rd grade class went on four field trips. My daughter (rising 4th grader) wants potential studens to know they have a big playground with new equipment. Parents should know the equipment was paid for by all of the fund raising. Obviously, parent involvemet is high. Lake Park is probably the best school in the city.

Posted May 09, 2005
My 2 boys attended Lake Park before we moved out of state. The teachers were dynamic, innovative, and loving. It is a neighborhood school, with many of the children walking and riding bikes to school. Parent involvement is extremely high. Spanish is taught daily. The school has many programs to recognize student excellence in academics, conduct, and reading. My oldest child was given special activities to challenge him above the regular curriculum. An A+ school! Thank you, Lake Park, for a great start in our boys education.

Posted February 18, 2005
May child attended Lake Park for the last 2 years of elementary. My child was safe, happy, cared for by the loving faculity and staff, and above all, my child was well prepared academcially for middle school. It was our first time in a public school, and Lake park made it a wonderful experience for my child and for our family. One highlight of the year that you just have to experience is Opening Cerimonies for Olympic Day!

Lake Park Elementary School
605 Meadowlark Dr, Albany, GA  31707
Last modified Lake Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top