Northwestern Middle School 3

Posted December 02, 2013
The staff is much too comfortable trying to change or make their own policies at times unbeknownst to the principal. Some of the counselors are good when a problem arises... others are awful. The principal overall is impressive. However, I can not say the same for the grade level assistant principals especially for the 6th and 7th grades. The kids are challenged, which is good as I have three kids that are gifted. However, since I've had three kids go there-there have been several teachers who simply are not good teachers. The school certainly helps with increasing kids academic intelligence but as far as emotional intelligence... not so much as some of the staff i.e., assistant principals seem to be lacking in the latter capacity themselves. They tend to treat the young middle school kids as high school kids in many regards. Certainly they should be preparing them for high school, but keep in mind their age when it comes to academic and social adeptness.

Posted November 26, 2013
We've had great school experiences in the past, but Northwestern is at the top of the list. The administration and teachers are fantastic. Our 6th grader loves her school. Quality education and good extra curricular programs.

Posted October 25, 2013
I have an 8th grader and a 6th grader in this school and can't wish for a better school. They both get the education they need, each on their own level. The after school clubs are wonderful, teachers communicate very well and the principle is very involved. I only wish school days were shorter! They have no free time at all on weekdays between coming home at 4.40 and home work., but that's a problem for most schools, not just NMS.

Posted October 24, 2013
NMS is a great school! They get students excited about school with their many clubs and extracurricular activities. The teachers challenge the students, and parent/teacher communication is top notch!

Posted March 10, 2013
I have two children attending this school and I am very pleased. The Principal is exceptional. She really puts the kids' best interest first and is a strong leader. I have a gifted child and an advanced child and they are both academically challenged and thriving. I also had a positive experience with the counseling department when my younger daughter was anxious about starting a new school without knowing anyone. Her counselor set her up with other girls at lunch and they remain friends to this day. I am also impressed by the number of after school clubs they offer.

Northwestern Middle School 1

Posted November 29, 2012
This is one of the worst schools i ever been to. It's impossible to get A's because they expect you to do high school work, and they don't know how to handle situations.

Posted November 14, 2011
I was a student a NWM for 1 year it by far is superior to the middle school I am an 8th grader at. Northwestern had many clubs great caring teachers and really opened my eyes to diffrent cultures with it's foriegn languages (thank you monsieur Myrtile) I really miss this school its a fantastic place to learn and grow up.

Posted December 08, 2010
I just finished up a full semester of student teaching at NMS through a program at Kennesaw State University. I must say I was beyond impressed with the administration and the staff's efforts to do everything possible to ensure all students meet or exceed the standards. The high level of team and content collaboration, as well as the administrative support, provides an atmosphere that is conducive to academic and personal success. Most importantly, NMS is a safe and motivating environment for students of all levels and backgrounds. This is where I want to teach and where I want my children to attend one day.

Posted May 12, 2010

Northwestern Middle School 0

Posted September 20, 2009
It has an amazing adminitstration and faculty that has the student's best interests at times.

Northwestern Middle School
12805 Birmingham Hwy, Alpharetta, GA  30004
Last modified Northwestern Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northwestern Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top