Alpharetta, GA
After care: No

Posted December 01, 2014
I am the parent of a 7th grader at HBMS and after lots of fear about going to middle school, I could not be more impressed with the teachers and faculty at this school. In an education world defined by a structured core curriculum, I am impressed by the creativity in my child's classroom experience. These students have so many hands on, "outside the box", learning opportunities within the standards. Units are studied and integrated across all subjects within the grade to obtain a deeper understanding of the material. I have never once had the impression teaching was test driven. The teachers here seem to love what they do and it shows! After all the worries about what was ahead in middle school, I never imagined the education would be the part to impress me the most. The transition has been easy and the experience great!

Posted November 03, 2014
I am a parent of three children which have all attended HBMS (one of which is in 8th grade) and all have had a really good experience. They were all in private school for several years before switching to Holcomb Bridge and we were very relieved to see them all thrive in the public school system. As in any experience- I do believe that you get what you put into anything. My kids have applied themselves and studied hard and Holcomb Bridge has both succeeded at teaching them what they need to know to be well prepared for high school as well as challenging them. We have had a great experience at Holcomb Bridge Middle!

Posted October 29, 2014
My daughter is in 7th grade and we have been extremely impressed with the high quality of teaching and how engaged the teachers are for each individual student. Teachers have open doors before school to offer additional help sessions. Class sizes for the core subjects are smaller than we experienced in elementary school. The administration is strong, positive and motivates the students to do their best.

Posted October 20, 2014
Great teachers and great administration. New principal is a strong leader and is encouraging the entire school to use technology. Students and teachers are using technology to enhance education, explore and be more creative in learning and thinking.

Holcomb Bridge Middle School 4

Posted September 21, 2014
I am a student here at HBMS . And the things that I do like are, most of the teachers, chours, our feildtrips , and our new principal.

Posted April 06, 2014
I am the parent of a 6th grader at Holcomb Bridge Middle School. My child is not in the gifted program, however; she is a hardworking high-achieving student making all A's and an occasional B. Unfortunately, she is stuck in all on-level classes and the children with whom she shares the classes are AWFUL. They disrupt the class. They talk back to the teacher. They use profanity and are hyper-sexual. They don't care about their grades. The stories I hear from my daughter are unbelievable. She is getting a complete and thorough education on ghetto-speak and 6th grade-versions of human-sexuality, but I worry that her education in math, language-arts, science etcetera is being severely sacrificed. If I could afford it, she would be in a private school TOMORROW. I regret purchasing my house but I am in no position to sell it right now. I feel like my daughter is trapped in a terrible place~when I drop her off every morning I feel terribly guilty.

Posted April 02, 2014
My son has been in 3 fights 2 of witch were self defence.the w1 that wasnt was that his freind was being bullied and my son beat up the bully for being a bully to everyone. When it was self defence he got supcended for 10 days. That is not right. This is a very bad enveriment for a kid. I went up to the school one day and I found bugs all over the school. That is disgusting.
2 people found this helpful

Holcomb Bridge Middle School 2

Posted August 06, 2013
HBMS has a lot of improving to do. We are a new family to the area and thought we were going to give our children a good public school education. Unfortunately, our child has encountered many problems at the school (bullying on 2 to 3 different accounts, another student stealing an item, being wrongly disciplined (ISS) for wearing a shirt outside of a pair of pants when a warning should have been issued for a 1st time offense instead, being yelled at by a teacher on a continuos basis where removal from the class was necessary,etc.) It's just too many to count! And my child is an A/B student with no record of disciplinary actions. Talk about disappointment! I hear that the school experience is better if your child is placed in TAG classes so they can be with other students who want to learn but if you are coming from a private school, that is not an option until the school test your child, which takes a while further robbing your child of a wonderful school experience. Sure wish we had done our research a little better and not moved into this school zone. Haynes Bridge and Autrey Mills are must better rated.

Posted February 09, 2013
We moved here from DeKalb County to give our two daughters a better school. So far we a very pleased with the school, the staff and the curriculum. We are heavily involved in activites and communicate with their teachers on a regular basis. Parents, make the most of your child's education - get involved and I guarantee you'll see results. You can't simply throw your child on the bus and expect a miracle.

Posted September 11, 2012
This school is terrible Im a student and NO STUDENT in this school likes this school Teachers are lazy . Bathrooms very nasty Most of the teachers your child wont like , They stay on the students (in a bad way) there's alot of drama and the teachers do not, do anything about it . I truly cant wait til I graduate because I HATE this school since 6th grade DON'T waste your time with this school its not worth it. If we could go to another school 98.9% of the school would be gone . Everyone hates this school mostly the 8th graders we HATE it !

Holcomb Bridge Middle School
2700 Holcomb Bridge Rd, Alpharetta, GA  30022
Last modified Holcomb Bridge Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Holcomb Bridge Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top