Posted October 09, 2014
We love Lake Windward. The teachers are so welcoming and kind. The school spirit is wonderful. My daughter is in the TAG program there and comes home hopping with joy about her schoolday. The homework so far has been appropriate (not too much busy work) which enables our family to have time to go to parks etc after school. Lake Windward has a nice vibe to it. The kids dress like children ready to learn and play which is great. I love the presence of the children with special needs there too.

Posted June 09, 2014
Lake Windward is an amazing school. I have a 3rd grader and a 5th grader here. The atmosphere is uplifting and encouraging. The teachers go above and beyond and push my children to do more than I knew they were capable of. I volunteer at the school every chance I get, and I love getting to really be in the middle of what is going on. I couldn't be more thrilled with my children's education!

Posted March 23, 2014
My son goes here for special needs preschool. So far we've had nothing but wonderful things to say. His teacher really cares about him, all the specials teachers have been wonderful, and we love the principal and office staff. It's been a great experience for him and we are hoping that next year is as wonderful for us as this year has been.

Lake Windward Elementary School 1

Posted February 04, 2014
Lake Windward Elementary is a horrible school where the teachers profile children. They want your children to be robots and do not speak unless spoken to. They do not allow any social interaction at all with the kids. I find this school nothing short of a prison for kids.

Posted October 27, 2013
My child loves going to school. Her Kindergarden teacher really cares about the children overall learning experience. I love that the teacher promotes healthy eating by having weekly tastings of fruits and healthy snacks. LWE is great!

Posted September 10, 2013
The thing that I like the most about LWE is that is an inclusive school... Special needs kids (like mine) interact with normal students during different moments during the day, week, month, year... The teachers are great! they really love teaching and their passion can be easily feel through the halls. The school works really hard on making parents involved with the school activities. There is a very active PTA with great ideas and spectacular events that keep all year round the community together; volunteer work is something that I really like from this school!!! There are lots of "extra hands" that keep helping every day and in different areas, and we feel very proud about it.

Posted March 08, 2011
I was comparing 6 different elementary schools (near/around LWE) today just to see how our school was doing and could not be more happy and proud to say it OUT STOOD in all fields. Let it be the teachers excellence, Principal's involvement, PTA involvement, parents involvement, class activities, extra curriculum activities, sports and of course the test scores we excelled in each one. KEEP IT UP LW.

Posted February 01, 2011
The Principal and Teachers are great, my daughter is now in 4th Grade. The Fulton County requirements need to change.

Posted March 11, 2010
It's my son's 4th year in here. The teachers are really great in a way to give lots of chances of challenge for each student. Most of all, my son is really happy here. Also, my daughter is in kindergarten now. She is also having great time with such experienced teachers and staff and friends.

Posted February 11, 2010
LWES is a great school overall. The problems in academics is mostly because of the fickle Fulton County requirements and not necessarily a tru reflection on the teachers and administrators. PTA involvement is highly encouraged. There would be relatively little out-of-the-classroom experience for the kids without them. Sometimes there is a big gap between 'fun' and 'school.' Except for the newly installed Science Olympiad, there is no school activity that challenges the students outside of the classroom. LWES has no spelling bee, accelerated reading program, talent show, honor roll, etc. The TAG program is not intellectually stimulating, at least not for my child. All of my child's teachers (K-5) have been stellar. Overall, we had a great experience here with lots of memories. As in any place, you have to make it your own.

Lake Windward Elementary School
11770 E Fox Ct, Alpharetta, GA  30005
Last modified Lake Windward Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Windward Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top