Medlock Bridge Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 689 students

Posted August 4, 2014

our children have been attending Medlock Bridge since PreK and are now entering 5th grade. We have had an overwhlemingly posiive experience at the school. In K we didn't love our teacher, but every other teacher has been tops. I have always felt welcome and more importantly that my kids' best interest was always paramount. I feel like they know and love my kids! While I personally had no issues with our first principle our new principle is more communicative and open to parental involvment. She does more fun stuff with the kids too! Sad this will be our last year.

Posted March 10, 2013

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this school!!! Even tho at the first of the year we had a problem with a bully and it seemed like I was always complaining, but they took care of it finally. I love the staff! When you walk in the school they know who you are and who your child(ren) are. The teachers actually care for your children and want them to do and be the best..

Posted February 24, 2013

You cannot get a better public school education than at Medlock Bridge Elementary. Some parents had issues with the old principal but we have a new principal as of this school year and she is wonderful. The fundraisers are well done, the teachers are sharp, and the education is second to none. We are zoned for Autrey Mill Middle and Johns Creek HS after Medlock. It doesn't get much better than that! This is a beautiful area and a wonderful place to raise a family.

Posted October 15, 2012

My kid had very good learning experience in the Kinder garden. But in the 1 st grade in this year is have very bad experiences and teacher is not having positive attitude and always getting into negative attitude build in children. Vice principal and Principal also seems to be supporting teacher activities and not improving the behavioral attitude. Watch out and think twice before you send your kid to this school.

Posted March 21, 2012

The teachers and the staff seem to care about the students and the school. I will say that I wish to see more parent involvement. However, you can never really have too many volunteers. To say that the students are passed from one grade to another without caring about the student indicates to me a lack of parental control of the child's environment and not a problem that could necessarily be solved by school administration. If the child does not deserve to pass to the next grade, the parent should make sure the child's educational needs are met in order to be prepared for school.

Posted January 19, 2012

The teachers are ineffective & inexperienced. The principal is condescending & confrontational. Kids are passed from one grade level to the next regardless of the grades earned to keep the school's high ranking.

Posted February 23, 2010

Do NOT send your child to Medlock Bridge Elementary. The principal has to learn how to be a good principal and better person!

Posted August 12, 2009

It is a great School. We really the the Teaches and the way how to teach and mould the kids.

Posted May 13, 2009

I feel this is a fabulous school for our children. The teachers are wonderful and caring. The parent involvement is tremendous. We have lots going on at our school and is supported by everyone.

Posted October 18, 2008

Our experience with Medlock Bridge has been terrific. The teachers are experienced, caring and involved. I've learned that you get out of it what you put into it, so get involved by volunteering your time with the kids and for the school and you'll see great things happening throughout the school! The Principal has been wonderful and the special needs support team is amazing and highly proactive.

Posted September 13, 2008

I can rate this school as an average having a major problem in Communication. I had several email communication with Principal, but on vain. School staffs are horrible and mostly never bothers on any issues you have. If you point to any specific fault of them, they will reply by saying 'slipped through craks'. Teachers too are not responsible as expected.

Posted August 16, 2008

We moved into the area specifically to be districted for this school having heard great reviews. Our oldest child was then only about to start Kindergarten so we have no references for comparison but I must admit we're not thrilled. Some of the administration staff are very 'false'. When I enter the building I always get sour glances, to the point where I feel like I'm intruding. On the occasions where I have needed follow up from staff members other than a teacher, it has been lacking. I also feel the school pushes the PTA only to better the Pricipal/school's ratings. At many events parents are not welcome. That said all the teachers we have met have been wonderful. All have been loved by our children & are very responsive to us. Our children are thriving at this school but as parents we feel excluded.

Posted March 7, 2008

Medlock Bridge and its staff has been a wonderful place for my child to grow and learn. I feel that she is treated fairly and is challenged on all levels. I highly reccomend this school and school district to all parents.

Posted September 4, 2007

Both my children attend this school. One is in the TAG program, the other requires some special assistance due to medical problems. The staff and the teachers have been extremely proactive and helpful. The principle has set up meetings and proactively involved people in the process to help my children. Most of my concerns are dealt with quickly.

Posted July 16, 2007

My daughter started here last year, and I was not impressed by her teacher. The PTA members stick together and only worry about each others child, and not non-members children. I think this school uses unfair criteria for selecting children for TAG. Also, when I or my husband visit the school, as soon as we walk in we get sour looks at the front-desk. My daughter loves the school, because she is too young to understand some of the things that are going on, but we are seriously contemplating putting her in private school. This problem can be fixed by adjusting some of the staffs attitude and maybe seek further education on how to deal with both child and parent.

Posted June 24, 2007

I have had four children attend this school and the staff over the years has been very helpful, knowledgeable and more than courteous. The teachers that I have had the pleasure of meeting are very dedicated and show a strong interest in our children with the exception of one teacher. The school has received numerous awards and has one of the strongest parent/ teacher associations that I have seen at any elementary school. I rank Medlock Bridge near excellent and I believe it has well prepared my children for the next level of education.

Posted June 8, 2007

My son attended Medlock Bridge for Pre-K and Kindergarten. We loved both of his teachers and he will be in the TAG program (Tallented and Gifted) next year for 1st grade. I have met so many kind people on the staff and I have seen him greet his principal in the morning at the car pool drop off with a hug! My daughter has attended (the best) preschool where they are vey loving and now will be going to Medlock Bridge for Pre-K. I have never thought of anyone there to be fake...I do not expect the staff to be as 'mommy-ish' as the teachers at the preschool since the kids are growing up and need to learn how to function in school. I am not a big PTA person but still I participate and feel welcome!

Posted August 31, 2006

Medlock bridge is definitely not my first choice for an elementary school. The staff is very 'fake' and they feel that they are more capable of making decisions re: your child than you are. They do not respond well parent's concerns.

Posted January 30, 2006

this school has been very slow at getting back with concerns and issues. Seems to be very fake and cosmetic. The staff is horrible...

Posted June 6, 2005

Medlock Bridge is an excellent school both academically and culturally. The administration is highly involved, exceptionally organized and fair minded. After 5 years at this school I have had no complaints other than the Talented and Gifted program, which is a system-wide issue. The students are high calibre and achievement oriented and the test scores show it. The school was named a PTA National Parental School of Excellence this year and has many parent/student/teacher programs that help it to stand apart. Hands-on science labs, Accerated Learning Labs for readers needing extra-help, exceptional technology labs and plenty of certified teachers make this school top drawer. It is small by FCSS standards and has a lovely campus in a high-end neighborhood. We have found the administration to be highly involved, active and responsive to all our issues.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2010.

101 students were tested at this school in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 85% in 2010.

103 students were tested at this school in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2010.

101 students were tested at this school in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2010.

107 students were tested at this school in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2010.

109 students were tested at this school in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 91% in 2010.

107 students were tested at this school in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 88% in 2013.

77 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

79 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2013.

77 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 78% in 2013.

81 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 83% in 2013.

79 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 90% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 83% in 2013.

125 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

125 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 94% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 90% in 2013.

107 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 80% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

109 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 80% in 2012.

111 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2009

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 37% 3%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

10215 Medlock Bridge Pkwy