Alpharetta, GA
Students enrolled: 1,066

Posted May 14, 2015
Taylor Road middle school is a mockery of Schools around fulton county. The teachers are extremely unfriendly. My 6th grade child told me that most of the Kids use vulgar and abussive language

Posted February 05, 2015
Taylor Road like Chattahoochee HS is undergoing some rather pronounced demographic changes and increased enrollment. Many of the children attending use poor language and there have been more incidents in the past two years than were previously the case. Unfortunately, many of the teachers are much more interested in assigning homework than providing any real instruction to students. The goal is to keep them occupied and try and get them to regurgitate information for the testing program in GA. In essence, it is typical of most public schools were it is more about the educators and their needs then the students. The class sizes at this time are enormous and there are many instances of student bullying both verbal and physical. The math curriculum and it's an odd pedagogical agenda, based on a belief that conceptual understanding must come before practical skills can be mastered. As this thinking goes, students must be able to explain the "why" of a procedure. Otherwise, solving a math problem becomes a "mere calculation" . It is a disaster and if failing the children forced to endure it. And when it is scrapped the students will be the only ones who are hurt.

Posted October 18, 2014
Hard to believe these great reviews. If you want your child to be belittled and embarrassed by teachers, told to "improve the quality of work," (isn't that why they pay the teacher?), and be exposed to excessively vulgar foul mouthed students, then by all means, Taylor Road is the place to be. The atmosphere is very impersonal with no attention paid to diverse learning styles (a few exceptions like Ms. Mobley). Kindness goes a long way toward engaging children in learning. Honestly, I don't see what all the fuss is about regarding this school. There are better options out there.

Posted October 14, 2014
I love this school. Most teachers love what they do and it ends up in kids loving going to school. My daughter is in 8th grade and she has two AP courses and even though they are really demanding she really enjoys them and all the school environment and activities in general.

Posted September 19, 2013
I am the parent of a 7th grade TRMS student, and recently transplanted my family from New York to Georgia. I am pleased to report that my decision to enroll my daughter at TRMS was the best decision that my husband an I made. The principle, couselor, teachers have all been accomodating, caring (especially advance math teacher Ms Gibson) informative on the progress that my daughter is making and has made it very clear that their doors are always open. My daugther was nerverous to say the least at starting a new school and she is very happy with TRMS. She is enrolled in advance classes and loves it. The only complaint that she has is that there is little time between changing classes. As a parent that is all about education, if the only complaint is that there is little time between classes then I'll take it. If you are thinking about moving to this area then I implore you to put your child here.

Taylor Road Middle School 4

Posted August 04, 2013
I'm going into the 7th grade this year in TRMS. I moved here from NY and am not very used to the custims in GA. TRMS is not very cliquey but there some mean girls and obnoxious boys. People at lunch curse a lot but as long as you don't say anything to these kind of people and hang with the right kind of crowd, you're good. Teachers are nice thought one of the math teachers was super strict and annoying. Rules are strict and grades are taken seriously by most of the students. Personally, the students are a bit racist but not too much. I'd rather give TRMS a 3.5 than a 4. The Connections teachers are annoying and take grades too seriously even though their classes don't really matter. The school computers were recently updated, the foreign language teachers re supers nice, and their are lots of different clubs to join. This way your kid can do what ever he/she wants to do. I think TRMS should have more student say in the rules and should make the days a bit shorter, but over all, my sixth grade year at Taylor Road was not too shabby. :)

Taylor Road Middle School 2

Posted November 25, 2012
We are new to TRMS this year, and unfortunately, we do not have good things to report. The teachers truly do not want to be there, and it shows in their demeanor. They give students worksheets to do in class while they grade papers and refuse to answer questions. In fact, it seems as if the entire faculty are constantly telling the students not to talk - not in class, not in the halls, not at lunch, with the punishment being a silent lunch. I have found the teachers to be condescending and sarcastic to the children - when as parents we have taught our children not to talk back and be respectful to adults. Taylor Road seems to be the place for teachers who, unhappy with their own lives, take it out daily on the children, while not doing their job. It's truly a disgrace.

Taylor Road Middle School 3

Posted November 05, 2010
I used to be a student of TRMS and it was a good school. I have to say though it was lacking in proper education due to the enormous size of the classes however the classes were fun. Even though it is considered a clique school, there are enough diverse students for a student to find a friend. In education it lacks QUITE a bit but in social wise and clubs, etc it is fantastic. Overall, the kid really has to focus on classes and there is a bit of pressure on popularity.

Posted November 14, 2009
Taylor Road is a great school! There's great lunch, great people, great clubs, and great learning. You learn a lot and there's tons of fun stuff too. the teachers are really nice and you also have tons of fun! i love this school!

Posted March 14, 2008
The school is awsome, the teachers are great, and the lunch is delicious. i just cam beck from the 8th grade Georgia field trip. We, once again, were complemented by the people at the places we went. The chaperones were all teachers and they were fun, but aware that we followed the rules. if your child is going to the 8th grade next year, I hope he/she gets Mr.LeBlanc for science,Mrs.Lois Smith for math, Mrs.DeSousa for language arts, Ms.Pompey for Georgia Studies, and Ms.VanShepen for reading(if they take reading). I have no complaints about the school; its the best.

Taylor Road Middle School
5150 Taylor Rd, Alpharetta, GA  30022
Last modified Taylor Road Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Taylor Road Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top