Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

The teachers are rude and they give you a lot of homework the bathrooms are DISGUSTING and the food there is TERRIBLE

My daughter just completed 6th grade in Taylor Road. She is in the TAG program, and I believe that is what has made her experience thus far a tough, but good one. I am happy that the school is diverse- as it is my preference she be exposed to many different backgrounds and cultures, as I'm sure she will be later in life. Overall, we don't rave about the school-- but we think for our daughters it will be adequate.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Had two very good teachers in two years. Had a few very ineffective in the same time period and one new to the profession that was hard to tell.

Subjected my child to this environment for 2 years and will regret it the rest of my life. My child is gifted & also special needs. One of the counselors assigned to help him didn't know what 2E/Twice Exceptional was; I found myself teaching the specialist. Should have known right then. Majority of teachers were TERRIBLE about returning emails. His 6th grade homeroom teacher ignored my emails and when I'd persist either tell me "I don't know" then ignore me or tell me I needed to go to the office--who then would tell me I needed to go to her. Learned a lot of work-arounds. Gifted Science teacher said my son couldn't be gifted because he wasn't like her other students (ironically, he received his state-mandated test results the same day where he maxed out and scored in the 99%. Also brought in his IQ results; she didn't know what to say about that--apparently never read his file.) On-level Language Arts teacher said he was doing great and told me he was a "verbal learner" which didn't sound like my son at all. I kept asking about language processing and his problems writing papers but was told he was a strong writer. ??? Took him to a 2E specialist because we were so frustrated and discovered he did have a processing issue, language disability that would be hard to remediate at this point because it had been ignored, & was definitely not a"verbal learner" and in fact struggled in that category. He was ignored in Math both years & allowed to do God knows what in class and now as a result is behind at his new school in Algebra (an area of giftedness for him.) This was two years of basically standing in place at best, and going backwards in his areas of strength. He learned to hate school at TRMS. (note to parents of Gifted Children: North Fulton's assessment of gifted children starts in elementary; it is based on class room grades and the assessor's view. Many children in Fulton are told they are "gifted" when in fact they may be good students but are not gifted. BE AWARE gifted=accelerated class work, not necessarily gifted education, and there is little/no support for socio/emotional differences in gifted children). I've kissed my tax dollars goodbye and am paying for a private education now. Life is much better now; starting to undo the damage done at this school & praying we can undo all of it.

Struggled from 6th - 8th. My child is a 504 student that needs a little more time on occasion. Even though I had that in her plan it was never utilized. They move her to the front of classroom. This school has never been organized since we started, throw in construction which started Oct 2014 and still on going 1 year later and 400 new students. Chaos & Bedlam. 4 times this year called ahead to check out child- could not find her all 4 times. Sat in the office for 30 minutes each time. I could go on and on about how the attitude and lack of teaching ...

I do not recommend this school. I moved from Lawrencevill to this area because of the schools, but very disappointing , specially if you have a child who goes to 6 grade.The teachers in 6 grade are not very good and helpful , just very few of them are good.my child got bullied by other students.Not a friendly environment.

Taylor Road middle school is a mockery of Schools around fulton county. The teachers are extremely unfriendly. My 6th grade child told me that most of the Kids use vulgar and abussive language

Taylor Road like Chattahoochee HS is undergoing some rather pronounced demographic changes and increased enrollment. Many of the children attending use poor language and there have been more incidents in the past two years than were previously the case. Unfortunately, many of the teachers are much more interested in assigning homework than providing any real instruction to students. The goal is to keep them occupied and try and get them to regurgitate information for the testing program in GA. In essence, it is typical of most public schools were it is more about the educators and their needs then the students. The class sizes at this time are enormous and there are many instances of student bullying both verbal and physical. The math curriculum and it's an odd pedagogical agenda, based on a belief that conceptual understanding must come before practical skills can be mastered. As this thinking goes, students must be able to explain the "why" of a procedure. Otherwise, solving a math problem becomes a "mere calculation" . It is a disaster and if failing the children forced to endure it. And when it is scrapped the students will be the only ones who are hurt.

Hard to believe these great reviews. If you want your child to be belittled and embarrassed by teachers, told to "improve the quality of work," (isn't that why they pay the teacher?), and be exposed to excessively vulgar foul mouthed students, then by all means, Taylor Road is the place to be. The atmosphere is very impersonal with no attention paid to diverse learning styles (a few exceptions like Ms. Mobley). Kindness goes a long way toward engaging children in learning. Honestly, I don't see what all the fuss is about regarding this school. There are better options out there.

I love this school. Most teachers love what they do and it ends up in kids loving going to school. My daughter is in 8th grade and she has two AP courses and even though they are really demanding she really enjoys them and all the school environment and activities in general.

Last modified Taylor Road Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.