Alpharetta, GA
Students enrolled: 1,855

Posted August 28, 2014
Experienced, outstanding teachers combined with students who have a culture of pursuing excellence across a wide spectrum of academic, co-curricular, and extracurricular activities and are also actually kind to each other make Charrahoochee a great place to go to high school.

Chattahoochee High School 4

Posted May 09, 2014
Very nice school with mostly great teachers. A few that need not teach anymore. Counselors are fantastic, principal leadership is professional and organized. However, the school seems to cater to honors-track students and has little recognition/support for on-level students. Things run smoothly here, but I wish there were a little more support for struggling students or students who come from disadvantaged backgrounds. They are still highly-intelligent, capable, and valuable human beings that an educational institution is responsible for molding and inspiring, not putting down and stifling opportunities for. They should not be pre-judged as bad or under-achieving or hopeless because of their past - administration could do a little better job working with them and inspiring them to be life-long learners through good teaching and meaningful working relationships. Students are highly (overly) involved in activities, and there is good school spirit. Facilities are old, but teachers are creative. Many students suffer from entitlement attitudes, but you get that in areas like this. I hope to send my child here next year.

Chattahoochee High School 1

Posted April 25, 2014
This school may be good for average student but if your child is smart and has some disabilities, you are up for a nightmare, run as fast as you can. School has a lot of red tape, no real plan and do not follow the law design to protect these students. They will treat disabilities as a bother or something a student can control, such as severe ADHD, Aspergers, and Anxiety disorder. My teen went from being an honor student to dropping down to all lower level classes and still difficulty passing. Nobody is concern about that. It is better if he just don't show up at school for them. He has been under arrest for having a Asperger melt down at school. There has to be a justice for these kids. This is the worst school and most incompetent school I have ever seen. Shame on all the text dollars going to these schools.

Posted April 12, 2014
Great academics with supportive teachers who will go out of their way to help struggling students but also challenge students who have untapped potential. The variety of offerings (classes at different levels, extracurriculars, sports and arts) is also at the highest level. I will say that highly intelligent students may be able to "coast" a little too easily (something they will realize if and when they attend competitive colleges) but that is a minor criticism.

Posted November 23, 2013
I love this school. I am an education major and in my education class we were talking about how each school differs and some of the things people told me about there school as shocking. I was very fortunate to go to this school. I loved all of my teachers! We are one big HOOCH Family! Every teacher I had was willing to go the extra mile to make sure you succeeded.

Posted July 16, 2013
Acdmcs (A): Like most other school, CHS does have its fair share of bad teachers who, if I could, I would go back and fire :). But for every 1 bad teacher, there are at least 3 that are phenomenal. You can't ask for perfection, but CHS has a great staff. -Ath (A): For being as academically renowned as it is, CHS has a great sports culture. Although I was technically not a varsity athlete (football injury/club sport athlete) most of my friends were, and I can say that CHS has the most school spirit of any HS in the JC/Alph area. GO HOOCH -StdntLf (A+): Some people will say that CHS is composed of various cliques, but as an Asian-American, I can honestly say you can hang out with whoever you want and be whoever you want to be. I was friends with everyone. I was in AP classes, so naturally I loved speaking with the "nerdy" kids. But outside of school, I would primarily hang out with athletes. What I loved most about CHS is that all the students knew and respected each other. The "dumb athletes" knew and loved the "nerds", the "nerds" knew and loved the "punk kids", etc. Each graduating class is different, but from my time at CHS, the culture was incredible. Go Hooch and Go Jackets!

Chattahoochee High School 4

Posted May 19, 2013
I am a junior at Chattahoochee High School, and it is definitely a very good school regarding academics. Some of the teachers are ridiculously rude because they know they won't get fired. Other teachers, however, are so overqualified and we are lucky to have them. This school is centralized on sports, and I do get some racism/stereotyping as an Asian. People here are very rich and preppy, and there are many cliques that you see on television. There is something to do for everyone; school cares enough to inform/remind you about school events and college prep. Very helpful principal. There is a lot of rule breaking around here, and many people have a thin scope of what it is like in the "real world." That is to say, we are in this giant Johns Creek bubble of suburban life.

Posted February 25, 2011
I am a parent of a sophomore at CHS. I have found the school's greatest strength to be its teachers, who are a very dedicated group who are excited about their school and very interested in their students. There's a broad array of AP and Honors courses as well as sports, and I think a well-organized student can do both (my child will take 4 AP classes as a junior and play 1 sport). The sports obsession mentioned in other reviews is there, but I see it at the other area schools as well. New band wing is under construction now, new classroom wing built last year.

Chattahoochee High School 0

Posted November 24, 2009
Now that the State of GA gave it GA High School of Excellence for Student Achievement Award and the transfer of the overcrowding . CHS is looking GOOD Mighty GOOD !

Chattahoochee High School 3

Posted July 30, 2008

Chattahoochee High School
5230 Taylor Rd, Alpharetta, GA  30022
Last modified Chattahoochee High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chattahoochee High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top