Alpharetta, GA

Posted November 05, 2014
My son attends Mill Springs and it has worked wonders for his academic growth. He still works on his ADHD but has blossomed with the small classes, personal attention and sports program. This school was an answer to our prayers.

Posted June 25, 2014
MSA was a huge mistake that we made by sending our Aspergers son there a few years ago. He actually ask me to get him out of the school because it was that bad of an experience for him. He loved public elementary school, but after a year at MSA he was a changed child and no longer happy. They only want your child to be medicated and they have no OT or other therapists on staff that know anything about Aspergers. The only teacher that was good was the Art Teacher and she has a background in Art Therapy.

Posted June 04, 2014
This school was not promising academically.Teachers are not honest towards there students and lie about them

Posted May 05, 2014
I came to this school from a public elementary school in 6th grade and the school became a second home for me through graduation. The faculty was embracing and always wanted students to succeed. They absolutely condemned bullying and punished those who were not compliant with the community. I made a lot of friends for life and excelled in athletics. As an alum, I am proud to say I was a MSA Mustang!

Posted April 25, 2014
This school does not agressively address racism. I have a middle school aged child that was subjected to blatant bullying and racism by 3 highschool students for 1 week. They asked him questions like: Do you eat water melon? Do you eat fried chicken? Do you eat collard greens? Do you ride on the back of the bus? We were never told of the situation and instead had to confront the administration which we were informed they were aware of the problem. They stated the 3 students had been spoken to and apologized. At that point the problem was over 1 month old. The head master was not aware of the issue but once informed was very dismissive and showed an unwillingness to agressively address such a horrible act. We were not asking for the students to be expelled but something be done (level demotion) that sends a message to everyone that this is not acceptable or tolerated. This is not the 1st time we have encountered racism at this school be so warned. In my opinion racism has to be dealth with agressively and immediately and it has not happened here. Instead the head master will read you the policy of how the school handles "bad language" which is very different from racism.

Posted April 08, 2014
MSA has been a blessing for my son. He struggled in the public school for four awful, horrible, draining years. He was punished daily for having his learning differences because he was unable to stay focused. I am no longer losing sleep over my terrible Gwinnett County public school experience. There is a lot of technology assistant available for reading, writing and math. My son's reading level and comprehension has increased leaps and bounds.

Mill Springs Academy 4

Posted September 03, 2013
As a private school teacher myself, I am very impressed with Mill Springs! My daughter is so much happier and more successful there than she has ever been at any other private school. She finally KNOWS that she can learn and she has value, as well as her teachers care!!!!! thank you Millsprings.

Posted February 09, 2012
This school has saved my son! My child has ADD and struggled in other private and public schools, despite the fact that he is extremely bright. He had no friends that he connected with personally and really feared school. At Mill Springs he has loads of friends and sleep overs and playdates. He has attended Mill Springs for 2 years and his academic acheivment is outstanding. He is now above grade level and it is all thanks to the fantastic teachers. We no longer have any work to do with him at home and he loves going to school. They have given him not just the best education, but a childhood with friends and a world in which he belongs. We sacrifice a lot for him to attend this school and we are so thankful to have this opportunity!

Posted September 21, 2010
I have two children at Mill Springs. They are very different in their styles of learning. The school serves both and they are so happy. I have been reading older posts indicating that perhaps the schools curriculum doesn't support technology. we have not found this to be true. Both of our children impress daily with their knowledge regarding technology. Technology is integrated into the school day and spans the academic platform. Our children are supported and encouraged and taught in a way that they understand. There is a constant effort among all staff to assure that they are on track, not only academically, but socially. Since we have been a member of the MSA community our children have become advocates for themselves and for what they need to support their learning. They are confident and in control of their academic success. Mill Springs teaches life skills. We couldn't be more pleased.

Posted December 06, 2009