Alpharetta, GA

Mill Springs Academy 2

Posted June 17, 2015
Sadly, we cannot recommend the middle school. We had great years in the Lower School, but we should have listened to parents and skipped the middle school, especially for a child with dyslexia. We have had a few wonderful teachers, but one repeatedly bullied our child, even after she wasn't our child's teacher. Our concerns were met by intense and punitive conversations with our child by the principal. We felt manipulated and wish we had listened to our child rather than believing that professionals would not behave that way. Our saving grace and the saving grace of our child was the assistant principal, but she has left. For a middle school child with anxiety and dyslexia, I wish we had looked at the Swift School.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted June 17, 2015
No homework in reading and language arts. In fact no work comes home at all.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted June 17, 2015
It is not modeled for the students by the middle school. Not integrity or fairness.

Posted April 30, 2015
I simply cannot tell you what a blessing this school has been for our two children ages 7 and 8. They started in 1st and 2nd grade. One is dyslexic, the other is ADHD. I could go on all day about how safe and secure they are, how loved they feel and how wonderful this community is at Mill Springs. You will never know how amazing a teacher is until you send your children here. They honestly LOVE our kids and they don't just say it, they show it. Ms. Donna is simply a MUST for any child in 1st Grade who needs reading help. Laurie Jones, is outstanding at her job and runs the lower school really well. It feels like family. This is the only school my children have gone to that I am happy to write a check for. It is money well spent!

Mill Springs Academy 2

Posted April 27, 2015
To give credit where it belongs, I have met some great friends and teachers at this school. MSA has also helped me branch out more. On the not so bright side, the school does not understand depression and anxiety, Most of the staff/teachers I know there only care about a student's behavior and reputation. For example, there was a sweet friend of mine last year who got dropped to level S due to lack of respect and focus. The reason why she was lacking these things was because, she was going through a lot at home. The teachers kind of knew she was depressed, but never cared to ask why and only cared about her behavior. This is not the first time I have seen a situation like this happen. If depression or anxiety has a impact on your child, I would not recommend sending them to MSA.

Posted April 21, 2015
The school does not deal with anxiety at all. If anything the staff members make it worse. Mostly the principle and front desk have VERY condescending tones. It almost increases anxiety. Also racism is not dealt with. A student could make a racist comment in front of a teacher and the teacher wouldn't do anything. The teachers are great it's just the other staff that are not. Hospitalization was almost an option for me die do the anxiety from the staff I've dealt with. They are not the most understanding. The punishments can be humiliating for a child who has trouble with certain issues. Be careful sending your kid here!
2 people found this helpful

Posted November 05, 2014
My son attends Mill Springs and it has worked wonders for his academic growth. He still works on his ADHD but has blossomed with the small classes, personal attention and sports program. This school was an answer to our prayers.

Posted June 25, 2014
MSA was a huge mistake that we made by sending our Aspergers son there a few years ago. He actually ask me to get him out of the school because it was that bad of an experience for him. He loved public elementary school, but after a year at MSA he was a changed child and no longer happy. They only want your child to be medicated and they have no OT or other therapists on staff that know anything about Aspergers. The only teacher that was good was the Art Teacher and she has a background in Art Therapy.
2 people found this helpful

Posted June 04, 2014
This school was not promising academically.Teachers are not honest towards there students and lie about them
5 people found this helpful

Posted May 05, 2014
I came to this school from a public elementary school in 6th grade and the school became a second home for me through graduation. The faculty was embracing and always wanted students to succeed. They absolutely condemned bullying and punished those who were not compliant with the community. I made a lot of friends for life and excelled in athletics. As an alum, I am proud to say I was a MSA Mustang!

13660 New Providence Road, Alpharetta, GA  30004