Alpharetta, GA

Posted April 30, 2015
I simply cannot tell you what a blessing this school has been for our two children ages 7 and 8. They started in 1st and 2nd grade. One is dyslexic, the other is ADHD. I could go on all day about how safe and secure they are, how loved they feel and how wonderful this community is at Mill Springs. You will never know how amazing a teacher is until you send your children here. They honestly LOVE our kids and they don't just say it, they show it. Ms. Donna is simply a MUST for any child in 1st Grade who needs reading help. Laurie Jones, is outstanding at her job and runs the lower school really well. It feels like family. This is the only school my children have gone to that I am happy to write a check for. It is money well spent!

Mill Springs Academy 2

Posted April 27, 2015
To give credit where it belongs, I have met some great friends and teachers at this school. MSA has also helped me branch out more. On the not so bright side, the school does not understand depression and anxiety, Most of the staff/teachers I know there only care about a student's behavior and reputation. For example, there was a sweet friend of mine last year who got dropped to level S due to lack of respect and focus. The reason why she was lacking these things was because, she was going through a lot at home. The teachers kind of knew she was depressed, but never cared to ask why and only cared about her behavior. This is not the first time I have seen a situation like this happen. If depression or anxiety has a impact on your child, I would not recommend sending them to MSA.

Posted April 21, 2015
The school does not deal with anxiety at all. If anything the staff members make it worse. Mostly the principle and front desk have VERY condescending tones. It almost increases anxiety. Also racism is not dealt with. A student could make a racist comment in front of a teacher and the teacher wouldn't do anything. The teachers are great it's just the other staff that are not. Hospitalization was almost an option for me die do the anxiety from the staff I've dealt with. They are not the most understanding. The punishments can be humiliating for a child who has trouble with certain issues. Be careful sending your kid here!

Posted November 05, 2014
My son attends Mill Springs and it has worked wonders for his academic growth. He still works on his ADHD but has blossomed with the small classes, personal attention and sports program. This school was an answer to our prayers.

Posted June 25, 2014
MSA was a huge mistake that we made by sending our Aspergers son there a few years ago. He actually ask me to get him out of the school because it was that bad of an experience for him. He loved public elementary school, but after a year at MSA he was a changed child and no longer happy. They only want your child to be medicated and they have no OT or other therapists on staff that know anything about Aspergers. The only teacher that was good was the Art Teacher and she has a background in Art Therapy.

Posted June 04, 2014
This school was not promising academically.Teachers are not honest towards there students and lie about them

Posted May 05, 2014
I came to this school from a public elementary school in 6th grade and the school became a second home for me through graduation. The faculty was embracing and always wanted students to succeed. They absolutely condemned bullying and punished those who were not compliant with the community. I made a lot of friends for life and excelled in athletics. As an alum, I am proud to say I was a MSA Mustang!

Posted April 25, 2014
This school does not agressively address racism. I have a middle school aged child that was subjected to blatant bullying and racism by 3 highschool students for 1 week. They asked him questions like: Do you eat water melon? Do you eat fried chicken? Do you eat collard greens? Do you ride on the back of the bus? We were never told of the situation and instead had to confront the administration which we were informed they were aware of the problem. They stated the 3 students had been spoken to and apologized. At that point the problem was over 1 month old. The head master was not aware of the issue but once informed was very dismissive and showed an unwillingness to agressively address such a horrible act. We were not asking for the students to be expelled but something be done (level demotion) that sends a message to everyone that this is not acceptable or tolerated. This is not the 1st time we have encountered racism at this school be so warned. In my opinion racism has to be dealth with agressively and immediately and it has not happened here. Instead the head master will read you the policy of how the school handles "bad language" which is very different from racism.

Posted April 08, 2014
MSA has been a blessing for my son. He struggled in the public school for four awful, horrible, draining years. He was punished daily for having his learning differences because he was unable to stay focused. I am no longer losing sleep over my terrible Gwinnett County public school experience. There is a lot of technology assistant available for reading, writing and math. My son's reading level and comprehension has increased leaps and bounds.

Mill Springs Academy 4

Posted September 03, 2013
As a private school teacher myself, I am very impressed with Mill Springs! My daughter is so much happier and more successful there than she has ever been at any other private school. She finally KNOWS that she can learn and she has value, as well as her teachers care!!!!! thank you Millsprings.

Mill Springs Academy