1-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My son excels academically but struggled to learn in a traditional public school environment. He was overwhelmed by the size and lack of support in that setting. Before we came to Mill Springs, he was really struggling. He was depressed, withdrawn, and unconnected to his school community. We grappled with our decision to send him to MSA for 3rd grade, but I am so glad that we did. We have seen such a transformation in our son! He's made friends, LOVES to go to school each day, and feels so proud and involved in his school. I love that they have PE every day and include many opportunities for the kids to move around and learn in a more meaningful way. I would highly recommend checking out this school.

I simply cannot tell you what a blessing this school has been for our two children ages 7 and 8. They started in 1st and 2nd grade. One is dyslexic, the other is ADHD. I could go on all day about how safe and secure they are, how loved they feel and how wonderful this community is at Mill Springs. You will never know how amazing a teacher is until you send your children here. They honestly LOVE our kids and they don't just say it, they show it. Ms. Donna is simply a MUST for any child in 1st Grade who needs reading help. Laurie Jones, is outstanding at her job and runs the lower school really well. It feels like family. This is the only school my children have gone to that I am happy to write a check for. It is money well spent!

The teaching staff and principals at Mill Springs truly deliver on the school mission....Success in school....success in life. This is our daughters first year at Mill Springs (8th grade - 2016-2017) and the positive changes in her confidence and anxiety towards school and the positive changes in our lively hood at home are stunning. She is happy to go to school. She enjoys her teachers, has developed friendships and is learning! We would have said she could never do algebra or physics...however she is...and she is really learning the subjects!!! The classes are small allowing the teachers to teach the way your child learns vs forcing everyone to learn the same way. School projects are creative. The students have choices for electives based on their interest. There are many after school activities and sports teams allowing the students to socialize. I have not met a parent yet who is not as thrilled as we are. If you are thinking about the school.....let the office know and they will make arrangements for you to speak to another parent...we were glad we did.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I have other children in public school and there is no comparison to how respectful and compassionate these kids are to each other at this school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are very creative. They will adjust their style to meet your students learning style.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework levels are just right and the student is responsible for turning assignments in on time as well.

Develops character: Agree

I think that the teachers do a good job in teaching students and help them be prepared for the real world.

I'm an 8th grader at MSA. I absolutely love it. The teachers are always willing to push you to do your best. The teachers are always willing to help with your child's learning differences. They have great trips and there is no bullying. Any kid would fit in to the community.

My son did not get any assistant to find a collage or any other proper program after high school. All I heard from counselor was " I don't think your son will be accepted for collage he wants". I think the counselor had no interest in my son because they think he is not be able to get in any collage. I and my son worked so hard to find a collage he want without any resources. He is in a community collage now. he is happy to study in collage and work part time. I did not like MSA counseling system at all.

Our son is in the 9th grade; his third year here. MSA has been a wonderful experience for our entire family. Take the negative reviews with a grain of salt. I am convinced that many of those posting negative reviews were asked to leave the school for one reason or another!

Last modified Mill Springs Academy is a Private school that serves grades 1-12