Posted February 19, 2015
We have been at Mount Pisgah for 10 years, both in the preschool and now in early school and have been very pleased. Each of our children are very different in academic strengths, struggles, and personalities. I've enjoyed watching each of their journeys thus far and attribute their academic and emotional growth and success to the small environment and individual attention Mt. Pisgah offers. . . providing extra work and challenges when needed and getting down on a knee for additional help and support when needed. Our kids have truly thrived. Love this place.

Mount Pisgah Christian School 1

Posted February 16, 2015
I have been attending Mount Pisgah for a couple of years and have also noticed a change in the administration at the school. I came to the school with an open mind and excited to enjoy a wonderful high school experience. However that hope was quickly shutdown when I realized that the administration at the Mount Pisgah is significantly lacking in their role of being a true example of who Christ wants us to be, along with their lack of basic manners one should find at any school. I have witnessed an administrator scolding a teacher in front of his own class, leaving that teacher feeling upset and embarrassed although he had done nothing wrong. I have walked passed an administrator who was making rude remarks about me to a teacher as I walked by. I have never encountered an administration as rude to their students and as disrespectful to their teachers as the ones I have met at Mount Pisgah. Clearly this school needs to stop focusing on looking good their potential students and start finding a way to make their current students feel welcomed and accepted.
7 people found this helpful

Mount Pisgah Christian School 2

Posted February 15, 2015
In the past few years there have been A LOT of administration changes. The Lower School runs smoothly, has amazing teachers and is a wonderful place to raise your children. The head of the middle school currently has the job of HS economics teacher, varsity soccer coach, admissions assistant, and he does all of this while running a middle school. This makes for a completely unorganized school with a high teacher turnover ratio. They have wonderful teachers but don't get attached, they could be gone next year. The high school also has fairly new leadership, teacher turnover and new rules that are made up daily. It is currently being run more like a military school than a Christian school. The new head of the school turns a deaf ear to concerns and is only focused on raising money and building new buildings. If you need proof, this school was voted the "Best private school in North Fulton County" a few years ago. This year it isn't even in Georgia's top 100 private schools.
7 people found this helpful

Posted February 03, 2015
My daughter is a second year student at UGA. She couldn't have been more prepared for college life and academics than she was coming from 6 years at MPCS. She is well rounded and very social. Her teachers were her friends as well as her instructors. I believe this has helped her approach her professors at Georgia when she has needed additional instructions. Unlike some of her peers, she has no issues addressing those instructors. I would commend Pisgah to any parent who wants quality education, small class size and personal attention for their student.

Posted February 03, 2015

Mount Pisgah Christian School 1

Posted January 20, 2015
If you have read the other review they have not said anything about the teachers. Many of the staff is biased to the people they like. For example my friend, a Junior, was typing an essay with me and we both had around the same thing but since I was liked by the teacher I was given a 100 and he was given a 70. This is a main issue so I do not recommend this school.
5 people found this helpful

Posted December 01, 2014
My six year old daughter attends Mount Pisgah Christian School. In her words, "I go to the best school! If you want to go to the best school, you should go to Mount Pisgah, too!" As a mom, if she is happy- I'm happy!

Posted November 09, 2014
I will start out by saying do your homework. My son attended another private school and after 8 years we knew we needed to make some tough decisions, which brought us to Mount Pisgah. As my son was about to enter high school and we needed to make sure he was in the right place both academically and spiritually. Others will boast about this and that about their school and that's ok they are proud, but do your homework. My wife and i spent a lot of time visiting many schools and truly looked at what each offered and what the credentials were of the faculty since they would be teaching my son for the next 4 years. This isn't hearsay, but fact if you do your homework. My son is just a freshman so we are somewhat new, but we couldn't or more importantly he couldn't be happier. Mount Pisgah has seemed to found a good balance between academic's and christianity.

Posted November 09, 2014
I am a parent of a ninth grader at Mount Pisgah. We transferred from another private Christian school nearby to start high school. My only regret is that we did not make the move sooner. The transition has been great for our son and our family. The teachers and faculty are incredible. Teachers take the time to know the students and really work to ensure they are understanding the content. There are very few traditional lectures from teachers, and a lot of labs and hands on activities that the kids enjoy while also learning the material. There are also more honor and AP classes available than other similar schools offer. After a few weeks, we asked our son about the teachers and he summed it up really well. He told us he felt like the teachers were looking for the good things in the students, and helping them become a better person and student. I highly recommend Mount Pisgah and remind you that while other similar schools may be beautiful on the outside, it is what is on the inside that really matters. MPCS has both - a wonderful exterior and strong internal values and capabilities.

Posted October 27, 2014
In short, we are thrilled to be a part of Mount Pisgah! We searched for two years to find the right fit for our middle school daughter - one that could challenge her academically and yet nurture her spirit and creativity. Pisgah is that place. After her shadow day, the only question she had for Mr. Arnette was, "Can I start tomorrow?" As we stacked up Pisgah against the other great schools, we found that Pisgah was adding strength to their academic schedule (Latin as a foreign language in Middle School; Alegbra IA for 7th grade) and offering Honor Scholarships to attract even more high potential students. Added to the amazingly warm, friendly, and loving environment that we felt the minute we stepped in to the Open Houses or tours, these just made Mount Pisgah Christian School "home" for our whole family. The teachers and staff are fantastic and love these kids with all their hearts. When the Principal can tell you what went on in your kid's day - not because she was in trouble, but because he is interested - you know that they are paying attention. The Middle School team works together to help each of the kids grow and mature and strengthen every day. Go Patriots!

Mount Pisgah Christian School
9820 Nesbit Ferry Road, Alpharetta, GA  30022
Last modified Mount Pisgah Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Mount Pisgah Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top