Alpharetta, GA

Posted December 01, 2014
My six year old daughter attends Mount Pisgah Christian School. In her words, "I go to the best school! If you want to go to the best school, you should go to Mount Pisgah, too!" As a mom, if she is happy- I'm happy!

Posted November 09, 2014
I will start out by saying do your homework. My son attended another private school and after 8 years we knew we needed to make some tough decisions, which brought us to Mount Pisgah. As my son was about to enter high school and we needed to make sure he was in the right place both academically and spiritually. Others will boast about this and that about their school and that's ok they are proud, but do your homework. My wife and i spent a lot of time visiting many schools and truly looked at what each offered and what the credentials were of the faculty since they would be teaching my son for the next 4 years. This isn't hearsay, but fact if you do your homework. My son is just a freshman so we are somewhat new, but we couldn't or more importantly he couldn't be happier. Mount Pisgah has seemed to found a good balance between academic's and christianity.

Posted November 09, 2014
I am a parent of a ninth grader at Mount Pisgah. We transferred from another private Christian school nearby to start high school. My only regret is that we did not make the move sooner. The transition has been great for our son and our family. The teachers and faculty are incredible. Teachers take the time to know the students and really work to ensure they are understanding the content. There are very few traditional lectures from teachers, and a lot of labs and hands on activities that the kids enjoy while also learning the material. There are also more honor and AP classes available than other similar schools offer. After a few weeks, we asked our son about the teachers and he summed it up really well. He told us he felt like the teachers were looking for the good things in the students, and helping them become a better person and student. I highly recommend Mount Pisgah and remind you that while other similar schools may be beautiful on the outside, it is what is on the inside that really matters. MPCS has both - a wonderful exterior and strong internal values and capabilities.

Posted October 27, 2014
In short, we are thrilled to be a part of Mount Pisgah! We searched for two years to find the right fit for our middle school daughter - one that could challenge her academically and yet nurture her spirit and creativity. Pisgah is that place. After her shadow day, the only question she had for Mr. Arnette was, "Can I start tomorrow?" As we stacked up Pisgah against the other great schools, we found that Pisgah was adding strength to their academic schedule (Latin as a foreign language in Middle School; Alegbra IA for 7th grade) and offering Honor Scholarships to attract even more high potential students. Added to the amazingly warm, friendly, and loving environment that we felt the minute we stepped in to the Open Houses or tours, these just made Mount Pisgah Christian School "home" for our whole family. The teachers and staff are fantastic and love these kids with all their hearts. When the Principal can tell you what went on in your kid's day - not because she was in trouble, but because he is interested - you know that they are paying attention. The Middle School team works together to help each of the kids grow and mature and strengthen every day. Go Patriots!

Posted August 22, 2014
As a parent, after reading through some of these comments, I am disappointed that people would speak so negatively about Mount Pisgah. The school is wonderful. I can only speak for my child's experience at the Lower School, but they do a fantastic job educating kids. It is the most nurturing and loving environment, and we feel lucky to send our daughter to school there. We just had a parent night last night, and the new principal (a wonderful lady!) explained all the changes they have made to enrich the academics and focus more on Bible teaching. I am so impressed and excited! I read a comment about bullying, and all I can say is that I think there are some other parents who expect a Christian school to be "Heaven" without any mean children. Children experience unkindness each day, and parents call it "bullying". As a parent myself, I teach my child how to respond to situations like that, and I think parents need to step up and do the same. Whenever my daughter has had a social issue at Mount Pisgah, the faculty has always been so supportive to us and helped solve the problem. I would recommend Pisgah to anyone who wants to feel part of a family!

Posted August 14, 2014
Our daughter has loved her experience at Mount Pisgah. She was welcomed with open arms when she arrived. The other students and teachers seemed to go out of their way to help her get started, make new friends and become involved in the activities that interested her. Moving to a new school is never easy, but they really seemed to care about her getting off to a great start. When your kid looks forward to going to school everyday, that's really saying something! I have been impressed by the chapel services, the opportunities for our daughter to learn more about her faith and ask questions in a safe environment. The teachers have made an effort to make classes interesting and to stay after to help students who need extra help. I have been very impressed and glad we made this choice.

Mount Pisgah Christian School 1

Posted May 08, 2014
Not worth it. Mount Pisgah will leave you with many regrets. The administration that was put in place for the lower school and the upper school don't seem to have any positive Christian relationships with the students or there parents. The school favors big donors. There are prejudice leaders in the school who have cause there employees to feel unsupported by making rude comment etc. towards them. The upper school administration treats their students like they have done something wrong by threatening their students prior to any wrongdoing. The upper school administration seems to like to "play God" for their students. Although I believe that Mount Pisgah's administration has very crooked views on how to lead as examples of a Christian, there are many excellent teachers who do truly care about there students and are very qualified intelligent people. I believe if Mount Pisgah removes most of the current administration and leaders and searches for true Christian examples that every one at the school can look up to for guidance and support the school would be worth attending and spending money on. But for now one can find a better education and morals at any other public school.

Mount Pisgah Christian School 1

Posted April 19, 2014
I am sorry to have to write this but any else would be a lie. Unfortunately , your money is all that they care about here. The new leadership has ignored reports of serious staff problems and has hired an "enforcer" to harass and intimidate the children who don't tow the new , harsh line. Used to be a wonderful family friendly place. Now most of the kids want to go to public school to escape the poor treatment and unreasonable demands of the tone-deaf, unresponsive and uncaring bureaucracy. The Fulton county magnets would be a much better choice if you are in that area. Don't waste your money on mediocrity.

Mount Pisgah Christian School 2

Posted April 19, 2014
Is there any form of the "Golden Rule" and equal, fair treatment accross the board, towards their students, teachers, and staff that they operate by?

Mount Pisgah Christian School 3

Posted March 21, 2014
We have been at the school for 10 years. Leadership drives an emphasis on creating an elite image for the school which can interfere with what is best for students. The school places a heavy emphasis on fund raising, giving a lot of control to the wealthiest donor families. Some of the teachers are excellent and some are not. It's a very sheltered, parent-driven environment. Moderate in academic challenge. Great development opportunity and play-time for average athletes who may not get to play at larger public schools.

Mount Pisgah Christian School
9820 Nesbit Ferry Road, Alpharetta, GA  30022
Last modified Mount Pisgah Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Mount Pisgah Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top