Mount Pisgah Christian School
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted July 01, 2015
Hypocrisy, lack of fairness and sensitivity towards it's students and teachers, prejudicial attitudes, do not set good examples for it's students, nor does it teach them to be honest, responsible, caring Christians. The behavior of administrators fosters a negative, stressful atmosphere in which those who are not part of their "upper club" , favorites, or high donors, are not treated as well or with the same respect that they would like to be treated with. (If you are part of their "upper club", it is pretty smooth sailing and everything is wonderful.) Over the last couple of years the school has caused beloved teachers both in the upper and lower school to leave. They are often misrepresented after they leave, despite all of their hard work and years of dedication. Where is the example of loyalty and honor? What are our student's learning when they see this? What do they carry with them as an impression of what leadership really means? How will this affect other aspects of their lives, friendships and commitments? The new teachers are not "better teachers" or "better Christians". While they may be fine, they are for a great part, less expensive, less experienced, younger. The school has had to find ways to cut costs and reduce some of it's programs, especially after they built an enormous, showy upper school. The school has declined especially in it's Christian focus. The over- competitive atmosphere and hyper focus on appearances has caused the supportive, loyal, family, Christian, learning environment to diminish. Let's pray for the school and it's administrators. May they do some honest soul searching as to the real purpose of a Christian school so that they truly serve many of the wonderful students and families they are entrusted with.

Posted April 22, 2015
Mount Pisgah has changed a lot during our time at the school. All for the better. The new teachers especially have a strong faith, excellent academic credentials and a keen to connect with and teach kids. The school has growing arts and athletic programs and is committed to excellence. Change is never easy, and some families who came because it was a school with arguably lower academic and behavioral standards a while back are worried about the bar being raised. My spouse and I support the stronger emphasis on excellence across the board and think it goes hand in hand with the Christian pillar and focus. Pisgah seems to be working harder to get better.

Posted March 31, 2015
If you are searching for a school that will allow your child to discover their strengths and learn from their weaknesses, Mount Pisgah is it. I am a parent of three graduates, the youngest of whom attended the school since first grade. I often wonder how they would have turned out had we enrolled them in an environment where they would not have had opportunities to develop intergenerational relationships with teachers and administrators; or to play a varsity sport AND sing in the chorus; or be involved in student government and create new traditions for future classes; or as a high school student to set an example in faith and knowledge for the middle school students as a "Senior Leader". But perhaps the most important lesson my kids learned was that it was okay to make mistakes. The growth my kids experienced in their time at Mount Pisgah has prepared them not only for the rigor of collegiate academics, but for and the challenges of life in general. My husband and I would do it all over again given the choice.

Posted February 19, 2015
We have been at Mount Pisgah for 10 years, both in the preschool and now in early school and have been very pleased. Each of our children are very different in academic strengths, struggles, and personalities. I've enjoyed watching each of their journeys thus far and attribute their academic and emotional growth and success to the small environment and individual attention Mt. Pisgah offers. . . providing extra work and challenges when needed and getting down on a knee for additional help and support when needed. Our kids have truly thrived. Love this place.

Mount Pisgah Christian School 1

Posted February 16, 2015
I have been attending Mount Pisgah for a couple of years and have also noticed a change in the administration at the school. I came to the school with an open mind and excited to enjoy a wonderful high school experience. However that hope was quickly shutdown when I realized that the administration at the Mount Pisgah is significantly lacking in their role of being a true example of who Christ wants us to be, along with their lack of basic manners one should find at any school. I have witnessed an administrator scolding a teacher in front of his own class, leaving that teacher feeling upset and embarrassed although he had done nothing wrong. I have walked passed an administrator who was making rude remarks about me to a teacher as I walked by. I have never encountered an administration as rude to their students and as disrespectful to their teachers as the ones I have met at Mount Pisgah. Clearly this school needs to stop focusing on looking good their potential students and start finding a way to make their current students feel welcomed and accepted.
10 people found this helpful

Mount Pisgah Christian School 2

Posted February 15, 2015
In the past few years there have been A LOT of administration changes. The Lower School runs smoothly, has amazing teachers and is a wonderful place to raise your children. The head of the middle school currently has the job of HS economics teacher, varsity soccer coach, admissions assistant, and he does all of this while running a middle school. This makes for a completely unorganized school with a high teacher turnover ratio. They have wonderful teachers but don't get attached, they could be gone next year. The high school also has fairly new leadership, teacher turnover and new rules that are made up daily. It is currently being run more like a military school than a Christian school. The new head of the school turns a deaf ear to concerns and is only focused on raising money and building new buildings. If you need proof, this school was voted the "Best private school in North Fulton County" a few years ago. This year it isn't even in Georgia's top 100 private schools.
11 people found this helpful

Posted February 03, 2015
My daughter is a second year student at UGA. She couldn't have been more prepared for college life and academics than she was coming from 6 years at MPCS. She is well rounded and very social. Her teachers were her friends as well as her instructors. I believe this has helped her approach her professors at Georgia when she has needed additional instructions. Unlike some of her peers, she has no issues addressing those instructors. I would commend Pisgah to any parent who wants quality education, small class size and personal attention for their student.
4 people found this helpful

Posted February 03, 2015

Mount Pisgah Christian School 1

Posted January 20, 2015
If you have read the other review they have not said anything about the teachers. Many of the staff is biased to the people they like. For example my friend, a Junior, was typing an essay with me and we both had around the same thing but since I was liked by the teacher I was given a 100 and he was given a 70. This is a main issue so I do not recommend this school.
7 people found this helpful

Posted December 01, 2014
My six year old daughter attends Mount Pisgah Christian School. In her words, "I go to the best school! If you want to go to the best school, you should go to Mount Pisgah, too!" As a mom, if she is happy- I'm happy!
2 people found this helpful

Mount Pisgah Christian School
9820 Nesbit Ferry Road, Alpharetta, GA  30022
Last modified Mount Pisgah Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Mount Pisgah Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top