Posted August 22, 2014
As a parent, after reading through some of these comments, I am disappointed that people would speak so negatively about Mount Pisgah. The school is wonderful. I can only speak for my child's experience at the Lower School, but they do a fantastic job educating kids. It is the most nurturing and loving environment, and we feel lucky to send our daughter to school there. We just had a parent night last night, and the new principal (a wonderful lady!) explained all the changes they have made to enrich the academics and focus more on Bible teaching. I am so impressed and excited! I read a comment about bullying, and all I can say is that I think there are some other parents who expect a Christian school to be "Heaven" without any mean children. Children experience unkindness each day, and parents call it "bullying". As a parent myself, I teach my child how to respond to situations like that, and I think parents need to step up and do the same. Whenever my daughter has had a social issue at Mount Pisgah, the faculty has always been so supportive to us and helped solve the problem. I would recommend Pisgah to anyone who wants to feel part of a family!

Posted August 14, 2014
Our daughter has loved her experience at Mount Pisgah. She was welcomed with open arms when she arrived. The other students and teachers seemed to go out of their way to help her get started, make new friends and become involved in the activities that interested her. Moving to a new school is never easy, but they really seemed to care about her getting off to a great start. When your kid looks forward to going to school everyday, that's really saying something! I have been impressed by the chapel services, the opportunities for our daughter to learn more about her faith and ask questions in a safe environment. The teachers have made an effort to make classes interesting and to stay after to help students who need extra help. I have been very impressed and glad we made this choice.

Posted May 08, 2014
Not worth it. Mount Pisgah will leave you with many regrets. The administration that was put in place for the lower school and the upper school don't seem to have any positive Christian relationships with the students or there parents. The school favors big donors. There are prejudice leaders in the school who have cause there employees to feel unsupported by making rude comment etc. towards them. The upper school administration treats their students like they have done something wrong by threatening their students prior to any wrongdoing. The upper school administration seems to like to "play God" for their students. Although I believe that Mount Pisgah's administration has very crooked views on how to lead as examples of a Christian, there are many excellent teachers who do truly care about there students and are very qualified intelligent people. I believe if Mount Pisgah removes most of the current administration and leaders and searches for true Christian examples that every one at the school can look up to for guidance and support the school would be worth attending and spending money on. But for now one can find a better education and morals at any other public school.

Posted April 19, 2014
I am sorry to have to write this but any else would be a lie. Unfortunately , your money is all that they care about here. The new leadership has ignored reports of serious staff problems and has hired an "enforcer" to harass and intimidate the children who don't tow the new , harsh line. Used to be a wonderful family friendly place. Now most of the kids want to go to public school to escape the poor treatment and unreasonable demands of the tone-deaf, unresponsive and uncaring bureaucracy. The Fulton county magnets would be a much better choice if you are in that area. Don't waste your money on mediocrity.

Mount Pisgah Christian School 2

Posted April 19, 2014
Is there any form of the "Golden Rule" and equal, fair treatment accross the board, towards their students, teachers, and staff that they operate by?

Mount Pisgah Christian School 3

Posted March 21, 2014
We have been at the school for 10 years. Leadership drives an emphasis on creating an elite image for the school which can interfere with what is best for students. The school places a heavy emphasis on fund raising, giving a lot of control to the wealthiest donor families. Some of the teachers are excellent and some are not. It's a very sheltered, parent-driven environment. Moderate in academic challenge. Great development opportunity and play-time for average athletes who may not get to play at larger public schools.

Posted September 27, 2013
By far the best school we looked at!! Faith driven, high academic standards and a great community base and feel!!

Posted August 23, 2013
Our son absolutely LOVES Mt Pisgah. We came from another Christian School in the area and have something to compare with. I can say without a doubt, the last 2 years at Pisgah have been so much more fun, more educational, more rounded, and done more for my son's social and academic growth than the previous 4. The teachers are caring, but stern. Fun, but structured. The leadership is committed to providing the best learning environment in the state, and I can't imagine being anywhere else. That's not to say it's perfect in every single possible way. But they deal with issues proactively and really PARTNER with the parents to get the most out of your child. It's truly a blessing to be a part of the Pisgah Family, and it really is a family. What more can you ask for? The entire staff is open and honest and transparent. The Watch Dog Dad program is fantastic. It's great synergy between parents and staff. Kids learn respect thru the teachings of Jesus Christ, and displayed through example by the teachers. I can't recommend Mt Pisgah enough Truly a blessing in a world that needs more blessings.

Posted May 02, 2013
Our two daughters attended Mount Pisgah and it has been disappointing to see the school turn a blind eye to bullying. We complained many times and had to have one of our daughters moved to another class because of the constant agressive behavior from the other student. The student was never suspended and after six months, the student was moved to the same class as our daughter. The hitting, spitting and bullying continues. When we brought it to the attention of the staff and principal, we were told that the school cant accomodate us. Our daughter is shy and well behaved and we are shocked! Why they would let the integrity of the school not be upheld and discipline the child?? We are soooooo dissapointed... Academically the school is great. My older daughter also has issues with bullying. Students in her class make fun when she asks questions and humilates her. They steal her shoes on the playground... Where are the teachers in these incidents??

Posted February 15, 2013
Our daughter has attended Mount Pisgah for the past seven years and it has been very rewarding for her. When she arrived as a new student, she was immediately accepted and embraced by the other students and faculty. Her teachers always make time for her and she has created great memories through international trips, spiritual retreats, mission trips, and involvement in athletics and arts. Pisgah was deifnitely the right choice for our family.

Mount Pisgah Christian School
9820 Nesbit Ferry Road, Alpharetta, GA  30022
Last modified Mount Pisgah Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Mount Pisgah Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top