PK-4|Private

Bad
Good

All three of my children went to AIA. At no time since their graduation have we ever experience an educational environment that was so nurturing or in-tune with their individual needs. All three of my children transferred from AIA into the public school system, either one or two grades levels ahead in reading and math. This school is such an ideal way to start your child's life time of learning.

Our daughter is completing her first year at AIA, in the pre-primary class. Our experience has been wonderful! The teachers and administrators are welcoming, caring, knowledgeable, and accessible. They were so kind and patient with my daughter when she started (she was 18 months old and just beginning to walk so needed some extra attention). This is a school full of love - love for the children, love for learning, love for all people. Highly recommend!

We love our school!My children are very happy in such a great environment! We are very pleased with AIA

My daughter went to this school many years ago. She graduated with honors from an Ivy League school, is a published author and very successful. I attribute this to the love for learning and nurturing enviornment from the school. They raised the bar pretty high, so finding an elementary and secondary school for her with the same standards was not easy . I read the two negative reviews and frankly find them absurd. There is always that one parent that thinks their child deserves more than the other children or makes excuses for their childs behavioral issues. I own a Nanny consultation company. I. additional, I was a Childrens Director for a mega church. I recommend this school to parents in that area. No one has complained. There is always a waiting list for this reason. I never post comments on anything but felt it necessary.

AIA instills a love for learning. Both my children are excited to go to school. My daughter left AIA with all the tools for academic success, - enthusiasm, curiosity, organization, and advanced or accelerated academics. My son is in kindergarten doing work that elsewhere would be a second grade level. And he loves it! The teachers and staff all work to bring out the best in each, individual child. Wonderful, relaxed learning environment...this school is a treasure.

Wonderful school. My son benefitted a lot from this school. Very nurturing and academically the best. Many teachers have been here for a long time.

I enrolled my daughter 3 years ago, after seeing my niece and nephew's academic development at this Montessori school. My daughter is 6 years old now and we couldn't be happier with the results. The school has several activities that allow parents to participate in the children's education and see how their classroom works. The teachers and the entire staff have always been helpful to us and have demonstrated throughout the years how much they care about every student.

I read the reviews on this site before visiting it. I told the Primary School director about the issues mentioned in the reviews. She was not offended when I asked her about the school leadership and and answered all of my concerns. My children were new to the Montessori method of teaching. I had many questions. Again all were answered. My twins were enrolled this past fall, each in a different class. The Primary school director did an excellent job placing them in classrooms with teachers that fit each child's personality. The head of the school hosts a monthly coffee for parents. She presents on a particular topic. Parents are free to ask any questions on the topic or about any other topic. The discussions are lively and informative. She knows me, my husband and my children by name. The teachers are easily accessible to parents. Parents have the opportunity to volunteer in the classrooms and at various school functions. The teachers are excellent educators. Our academic expectations have been met and exceded. I looked at multiple private schools in and around Johns Creek, plus our local well respected public school. Our children will continue their education here.

This is a wonderful school. We will be entering our 8th year at the school, where all 4 of my children have attended from pre-primary into the elementary years. The school is run by people who care deeply about what is best for the children. It saddens me to read the negative reviews here, knowing how much the people that run this school care about children and making the school the fabulous environment it is. The best testament is the children coming out of it. Spend some time observing all levels at the school to get a sense of the amazing things they are doing, and decide for yourself if you are considering the school. No single environment is right for every child, but I have seen amazing things happen with a huge range of children in this school.

Very disappointed with the teacher in my child's class. We kept giving the benefit of doubt to her teacher for 2-1/2 years, not the right choice on hindsight. We immediately pulled our child out when we realized her teacher who is also the primary principal was not fair to all the kids. A close door policy, lack of upper management just made the situation worse not to mention delayed our decision. It's her way or the highway and the owner is elderly and has pretty much handed over the reins. Will not recommend this school.

Last modified Alpharetta International Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-4