Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted March 27, 2016
Kindness is frequently the theme for events and activities. These are important values along with many others.

Posted March 27, 2016
An all-around great school with excellent staff, engaged parents and PTO. We have a kindergartener and third-grader and we're so glad we moved into this school district!

Posted March 10, 2016
This school is truly amazing. They have exceeded every expectation I've had about elementary school for my children. The front desk employees are always cheerful and smiling from the moment I walk in. Always thanking me for coming in and ready to answer any questions I may have. I have been thrilled with the teacher selection for my children each year. They have placed them with teachers that I feel work well with each of their personalities. I love that the school is PTO ran and everyone has several opportunities to volunteer at the school and to have their voices heard by emailing or attending PTO meetings. The teachers and staff are always responsive and the school is big on training. I am happy the teachers are up to date on the latest child development techniques and technological advancements. We moved to Milton for the great schools and have not been disappointed.

Posted October 19, 2015
great school, we have 2 children here and while a public school, it operates a lot like a private school due to the involvement and support of the parents. Teachers are professional and involved.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted October 19, 2015
As with all public schools under the 'No Child Left Behind' federal mandate, there is too much content being pushed for test score purposes, which provide $ to the schools, and not enough time in the day. The schools have our elementary children for 7 hours a day. Adjust the workload so kids can be kids and not spend an additional 2 hours doing homework.

Summit Hill Elementary School 1

Posted September 15, 2015
We moved from a very poorly rated school system to this area because of the high school rating. Our experience was awful from start to finish. From the front desk to our experience with teachers interactions were cold, arrogant and irresponsible. Before school the teacher was overwhelmed and showed no interest in learning from us about our child. On day one our child came home with bite marks and a goose egg on her head. No note or call from the school. At least once per month for 4 months something similar happened. Several injuries, but no call nor any note. During a meeting we requested more feedback and showed what we received from our previous school. The teacher said she was not allowed to tell any parent what happens at school!?! Fortunately, we had already started the process of claiming a hardship to be moved to Alpharetta Elementary, which is by and far an excellent school by all accounts. The worst thing that happened at this school was our child was bruised during school hours, but an unknown school employee called child services which resulted in a 45 day investigation...ON US!!! Now this report, which quickly found us innocent, is on our permanent record which is frustrating other things like trying to volunteer at our child's new school. When we spoke with the principal about our experience with hope that our feedback might help other parents the principal was defensive on every point, which was very frustrating but indicative of our total experience and her leadership. If I could do it again I would have never set foot in Summit Hill, and I would have claimed hardship much sooner than we did. After interacting with faculty in neighboring schools I get the sense that Summit Hill's reputation is well-known among other school workers. The sad thing is that we would much rather have our poorly rated school experience in exchange for our experience at the higher (inflated) rated Summit Hill.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted September 15, 2015
I suppose it does and it doesn't. Based on our experience with the leadership and teachers I would think kids would be inclined not to.

Summit Hill Elementary School 2

Posted June 12, 2015
No major comment. Just had a bad experience with this school and my child. Pay close attention to what goes on at this school.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted May 23, 2015
The teachers were actually very good and caring. I was taken back on the number of times I heard negative comments about the leadership from the staff.

Posted March 19, 2014
I have a second grader and kindergartener and absolutely LOVE this school! We were in a Forsyth school prior to here and are so much happier. Summit Hill is this gem of a public school, where the students and families feel like it's private. The student-teacher ratios are better than a lot of private schools we researched. My kids are excelling in both reading and math because of the phenomenal teachers and support staff. We'd recommend this school to all levels of students. We are so happy.

13855 Providence Rd, Alpharetta, GA  30004
Last modified Summit Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.