Posted October 20, 2014
I have had a great experience at Chandler Academy. I have enjoyed roller skating, football, basketball, and baseball. I am learning to enjoy long distance running. My favorite subjects are music, debate, current affairs, and technology. There are no bullies at Chandler Academy. I enjoy the culture of this school. This school is emotionally safe.

Chandler Academy 4

Posted October 19, 2014
I am the parent of two students who have attended Chandler Academy for three years. I would highly recommend it to other parents who are considering a "small school" alternative to standard public school education. At Chandler, our children were tested to determine their strengths and weaknesses in each respective subject. The teachers then developed an Individual Education Plan for each. My kids were required to master every unit and chapter before moving on to the next. When they attended public school, they just had to move along with the class curriculum even though they didn't necessarily grasp the concept of the previous chapter's content. I have also been impressed with the added emphasis that Chandler Academy placed on their reading and writing requirements, as this will certainly aid them in their high school careers. All of the one-on-one teacher to student attention has taught them valuable "adult style" interpersonal relationship skills. We would have sent our eldest child to Chandler as well, had we lived here during his middle school years. Our children have really grown academically and emotionally throughout their collective six years at Chandler Academy!

Posted October 19, 2014
I am a Chandler Academy student who spent all of my middle school years there. I've just finished my first quarter of my freshman year of high school with a 3.7 GPA! Before I went to Chandler I struggled in elementary school. I told my parents I felt stupid and didn't want to go to school. Mr. Hudson taught me how to learn. I had to do a lot more reading and writing, but not too much homework. Mr. Hudson made me learn to do oral presentations and to have meaningful discussions because it will be important in college. Mr. Hudson was always there for me in my extracurricular sports. He trained me in boxing, baseball, and running. Chandler Academy is the best thing my parents did for me..

Posted October 18, 2014
Chandler Academy Elementary is an excellent school with wonderful students and teachers. Our teachers are certified with the Georgia Department of Education at the T-4 or T-5 level with 50% at the Masters level.. All of our Elementary Education teachers have at least 15 years experience in both the public and private schools. Teachers get to truly teach and make a difference here. Teachers have the advantage of an open curriculum. The children that attend Chandler Academy love to learn and interact. They love to read for fun and they love to play and interact at recess. Students at Chandler Academy truly enjoy coming to school. Parents are involved and receive daily feedback and interactions with the teachers and principal. Teachers are accessible to parents and are encouraged participate in school activities. The curriculum and instruction is individually based on the student's needs, interests and strengths. Students get help in the areas of need without getting held back in stronger areas. Our children are allowed to progress at their own speed in all subject areas allowing a deeper understanding of material and grasp of concepts.

Chandler Academy 1

Posted October 12, 2014
This school is not emotionally or psychologically safe for children, in my experience. There are 2 teachers (husb & wife), only one is certified. They regularly argue in front of students, and both display a strong "I'm big, you're little" mentality. Their son has been enrolled since age 4; however, I saw a majority of students leaving after 1-2 years. My child was bullied by her teacher. She was terrified of her teacher. Due to the teacher's behavior, my child was unable to focus or progress at school. I witnessed 3 other children experience similar treatment from this teacher, all of whom also left the school, 2 of them mid-term. The principal refused to acknowledge to me that the teaching methods were not working. The way he chose to address the situation caused my child additional distress. This, plus my summer program experience with the principal, left me unable to trust either teacher with my child's welfare. I cannot recommend this school to others. It is significant that there is such low student retention. I strongly suggest that Fulton County takes steps to ensure students' well-being.

Posted October 01, 2014
Chandler Academy is a cool school. They teach kids so they will be ready for life. They have a boxing program and they play football at PE and recess. They teach up to 8th grade. They have horses and ducks and a cat that is named Toby. They love to ride their bikes and they like to play freeze tag. I like to read my book on Napoleon. My favorite subject at Chandler Academy is Social Studies.

Posted September 30, 2014
I have been at Chandler Academy since I was four. Thats nine years , and I loved evry minute of it. From the regular school year to their summer camp. Its a fact being at this school is a privilege. We are small, but being small has its advanteges. In my opinion the school is very natural. There are a variety of animals from horses to ducks. The school has a series of windows that produce enough natural light that we are able to grow a variety of plants from pineapples to lemons/limes. I love Chandler Academy no matter what any other review says.

Posted September 30, 2014
Chandler Academy provides a truly innovative learning environment where students can work with the exceptional faculty to tailor the curriculum to their learning style. I had the opportunity to teach chemistry and physical science to students at Chandler Academy, and was extremely impressed by the level of curiosity and comprehension displayed by the students.

Posted September 29, 2014
Chandler Academy is an excellent private school that I attended from 5th through 8th grade. At Chandler Academy I was allowed to pursue subjects matter at my own individual pace, which allowed me to pursue and explore subject matters that I was interested in. The set up and individualized curriculum did a great job preparing me for college and contributed to me being able to excel. I would greatly recommend Chandler Academy as an excellent private school that encourages students to love school and learning.

Chandler Academy 1

Posted September 11, 2014
I believe that this school s environment is not emotionally healthy or emotionally safe for children. In recent months, I have had dealings with the teachers that I found so disturbing, that my husband and I withdrew my child although tuition has been paid through the end of this academic year. I do not recommend sending a child to this school unless there is a change that includes additional staffing and regular oversight from another agency.

Chandler Academy