Autrey Mill Middle School 1

Posted May 19, 2013
I'm a current 8th grade student at AMMS, and let me just warn you... The 8th grade teachers are absolutely HORRIBLE! They don't know how to teach at all; instead, they just sidetrack into their personal life stories, which no one wants to hear because we want to learn :P Please save your child from this school.

Posted February 12, 2013
My son is in 7th grade at AMMS - he couldn't be happier. He says that the teachers are inspiring, fun, and care about the students. There are many, many after school activities to chose from - check the website for details.

Posted November 14, 2012
Autrey Mill is a truly wonderful Middle School. These years are such a difficult time for most young people and the staff at AMMS continues to rise to the occasion. The counselors dealt with a mild bullying issue with my son last year quickly and efficiently. Academically the coursework is challenging and students are encouraged to be independent and long range thinkers. I have had wonderful contact with teachers as needed. Jimmy Zoll, the principal, is a very caring person who tries to know all of his students and is very hands on. He is truly one of the better principals I have known in Fulton Co. The building is state of the art and well maintained. Kudos to AMMS!

Posted September 20, 2012
My child has (mild) special needs, and this school has been great for us. Of course, I had acquired independent testing and medical documentation, so there was no debating the needs. The counselors have been very helpful and the teachers very understanding. The staff has overall been very caring. Kids will be kids; some are nice and some are mean, but I truly believe that in most schools, the social situation would be far worse. I have heard about some teachers taking measures to prevent bullying; they can't stop all of it, but I think it helps. I'm happy that I moved here to benefit from this school.

Posted February 26, 2011
I am in High School this is honestly the best middle school in the state of Georgia. My name is Jake I play on the local high school football team and on the lacrosse team. Autrey Mill has everything anyone would want from a school, extracurricular activities, like tennis or track, to clubs run by teachers in the school. All the teachers at Autrey Mill provide an environment that is easy to learn in. The only problem with Autrey Mill is the science department, but the department is still descent compared to most schools. I am an A, B student and Autrey Mill made me what I am today. I give this school five stars.

Autrey Mill Middle School 2

Posted January 31, 2011
As a parent of a child who was not bullied, but was caught in the middle between the buliles and the bullied, I can say the school does not deal with this problrm in a satisfactory manner. Academics: The Language Arts and Science curriculum were very poor and the teachers marginal, even at the "TAG' Level. The best dept is Social Studies. Math was just okay. They took incredible amounts of time away from academics to 'prep' for the CRCT. Even brought in CRCT coaches - and guess what - their scores are going down. The vast majority of the parents have at least college degrees (if not post grad) and Johns Creek is the richest neighborhood in GA. so this school should rock. Instead it just barely gets by. Really disappointed

Autrey Mill Middle School 4

Posted December 18, 2010
I am a sixth Grader Most of my teachers are mean and hate me but there is no bullying well for me, I cant say that for everyone though.

Posted November 26, 2010
Some of these comments are really mean. I am a sixth grader in this school, and this is the best school I have ever been to. They have amazing teachers and staff and the facility is so cool. This school is only 7 years old and it is really fun. There is no bullying at all. BEST SCHOOL EVER!

Posted October 13, 2010
i love this school. I am a 6th grader and I love almost all of my teachers they are great!!!

Posted August 16, 2010
Love this school!!!!! I am a student going on to 7th grade and there is no bullying! The counseling department is great at handling these types of situations which none of which has to me or my friends. The teachers are extremely nice and i bet the parents who say that this is a bad school doesn't evn go to AMMS. I have never been excited to go to school before. This school changes everything.

Autrey Mill Middle School
4110 Old Alabama Rd, Alpharetta, GA  30022
Last modified Autrey Mill Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Autrey Mill Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top