Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

This review is based on the experiences of current and former students. All in all, Autrey Mill is a great school. The classrooms are very nice and airy. The rotunda is a very nice architectural feature. The renovations are interesting to say the least. The gym, and the fields are all well kept, and the media center has great materials. The technology initiative seems to be going well. The administration tends to treat the students as if they were less mature than they are, which causes dislike from the students. The front office makes getting visitors passes difficult. It is perfectly legal to visit the school, but the office treats visits by former students almost as criminal activity. The teachers are either amazing or at least decent. Some of them can be extremely eccentric and irrational , and others are very quiet, boring, and shaky at teaching. But that's the worst it could be. The teachers at Autrey Mill are very helpful and engaging. There are lots of help sessions if students do not understand material. Many of the teachers are very interactive and funny, and I find the teachers to be younger than the average teacher. My years at Autrey Mill were some of the best years of my student life. It definitely prepares students for high school. Looking back, Autrey Mill was a defining experience for everyone who attended. No wonder that everyone keeps coming back to see old teachers.

As a current Autrey Mill 8th grader, I can say that this page is completely inaccurate. The school offers Spanish, French, and Latin, has an award-winning band, chorus, and orchestra. It also as plenty of clubs like a 3rd in state debate team, 6 sports teams for both genders, and a student council which I'm a part of. As of the 2015 -16 school year the every student in the school received an iPad and a new wing was added to the school. The teachers here are phenomenal and plenty of challenging advanced, accelerated, and high school classes are offered. Another important note is that Dr. Trey Martin is now our principle.

I'm a current 8th grade student at AMMS, and let me just warn you... The 8th grade teachers are absolutely HORRIBLE! They don't know how to teach at all; instead, they just sidetrack into their personal life stories, which no one wants to hear because we want to learn :P Please save your child from this school.

My son is in 7th grade at AMMS - he couldn't be happier. He says that the teachers are inspiring, fun, and care about the students. There are many, many after school activities to chose from - check the website for details.

Autrey Mill is a truly wonderful Middle School. These years are such a difficult time for most young people and the staff at AMMS continues to rise to the occasion. The counselors dealt with a mild bullying issue with my son last year quickly and efficiently. Academically the coursework is challenging and students are encouraged to be independent and long range thinkers. I have had wonderful contact with teachers as needed. Jimmy Zoll, the principal, is a very caring person who tries to know all of his students and is very hands on. He is truly one of the better principals I have known in Fulton Co. The building is state of the art and well maintained. Kudos to AMMS!

My child has (mild) special needs, and this school has been great for us. Of course, I had acquired independent testing and medical documentation, so there was no debating the needs. The counselors have been very helpful and the teachers very understanding. The staff has overall been very caring. Kids will be kids; some are nice and some are mean, but I truly believe that in most schools, the social situation would be far worse. I have heard about some teachers taking measures to prevent bullying; they can't stop all of it, but I think it helps. I'm happy that I moved here to benefit from this school.

I am in High School this is honestly the best middle school in the state of Georgia. My name is Jake I play on the local high school football team and on the lacrosse team. Autrey Mill has everything anyone would want from a school, extracurricular activities, like tennis or track, to clubs run by teachers in the school. All the teachers at Autrey Mill provide an environment that is easy to learn in. The only problem with Autrey Mill is the science department, but the department is still descent compared to most schools. I am an A, B student and Autrey Mill made me what I am today. I give this school five stars.

As a parent of a child who was not bullied, but was caught in the middle between the buliles and the bullied, I can say the school does not deal with this problrm in a satisfactory manner. Academics: The Language Arts and Science curriculum were very poor and the teachers marginal, even at the "TAG' Level. The best dept is Social Studies. Math was just okay. They took incredible amounts of time away from academics to 'prep' for the CRCT. Even brought in CRCT coaches - and guess what - their scores are going down. The vast majority of the parents have at least college degrees (if not post grad) and Johns Creek is the richest neighborhood in GA. so this school should rock. Instead it just barely gets by. Really disappointed

I am a sixth Grader Most of my teachers are mean and hate me but there is no bullying well for me, I cant say that for everyone though.

Some of these comments are really mean. I am a sixth grader in this school, and this is the best school I have ever been to. They have amazing teachers and staff and the facility is so cool. This school is only 7 years old and it is really fun. There is no bullying at all. BEST SCHOOL EVER!

Last modified Autrey Mill Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.