No rating

Alpharetta Methodist Christian

Private | PK-6

Living in Alpharetta

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $280,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $920.

Posted April 10, 2010

Oh, I totally disagree. I worked there in the recent past. The academics were excellent and the religious teaching above any I have seen elsewhere. It was the foundation of all that was done there. We also worked very hard for accreditation which is not easy to do.

Posted July 27, 2009

A new name and new uniforms won't help the underlying problems with this school. I was hopeful that with the outward changes would also come changes in attitude and academics, but sadly not the case. This is a school that continues to flounder in an area desperate for private, Christian education. Promises of a permanent structure, financial backing, a middle school all have fallen short. The small size does give a feeling of family, but there is a very obvious cliquiness about. Academically, I do not feel my children were challenged and spirtually I believe religion was only touched upon to give the school a 'christian' title. I basically feel I wasted thousands of dollars here, not to mention the precious time of my children.

Posted June 4, 2009

Our children attended this school and we learned that their education was behind the other school curriculum in the area. When we enrolled this past year we discovered that they were academically behind the other students. Please like the other parent says their are other alternatives in the area.

Posted February 18, 2009

We're huge fans of this great school. The staff is awesome and the curriculum is excellent. Foreign language instruction begins in kindergarten and there is a strong emphasis on the arts and physical education in addition to traditional academics. Our kids are so much more prepared than our neighborhood's public school students.

Posted February 14, 2009

This is a wonderful school! We have two children there and couldn't be happier. The academic standards are high compared to many of the other schools in the area but our kids are happy because the environment is so nurturing.

Posted January 28, 2009

This is a school that is not keeping up with the standards of other schools in the community. My child has left this school and is attending another private school in the same area. He said: ' Mom, I was babysat at The Academy, we did nothing compared to what I am doing at my new school.' Now, I have had to pay extra to get my child caught up, so that he can be at level with the other children. Please as a parent that has sent their child to this school- 'It is a waste of time and money.' Your child deserves more than warm and fuzzy environment in today's society. Do not let yourself be fooled by new uniforms, logos, and promises. Their are other chooses.

Posted January 6, 2009

AMCA is a wonderful; we have had children enrolled at the Academy for several years and we could not be more pleased with the education they are receiving. Each child is valued individually as a unique little gift from God. The teachers are all completely invested in each child's success. It truly feels like one 'big happy family' wherein parents are invited to play a huge role in the education of their children. As you can see, I'm a huge fan of AMCA, second only to my two children!!!!

Posted November 21, 2008

We always heard wonderful things about this school before sending our daughter. Now that we are a part of the school I understand why. We love it here. They have a multi sensory approach to education that works very well. The kids actually become aware of how they learn. The teachers use this to focus on each child as an individual. Our daughter is learning so much and enjoys learning. This school is serious about education and includes a christian world view throughout all its courses. The staff here is wonderful. We would not want our daughter anywhere else.

Posted November 4, 2008

AMCA is an exceptional school with an extraordinary staff. Our daughter just started Transitional Kindergarten this year and she absolutely loves the school, the teachers, the administrator and her classmates - excellence attracts excellence. If you're open to a nurturing, loving, Christ-centered educational experience this is the place for you. We hope to be a part of the AMCA family for many years to come.

Posted April 30, 2008

The Academy is a solid school with an excellent group of teachers. I believe they have kept the trailers initially to keep the cost of attending more affordable. They are planning and working towards a new building. As a parent, our goal was for our children to learn, The Academy consistently focused on that was important. We had two childrent attend the Academy and were satisfied with the results. Our kis moved on to middle school with a solid foundation and good self esteem.

Posted March 3, 2008

We have two children attending The Academy and we have been a part of this school for four years. While no school is perfect, (you're fooling yourself if you think you'll ever find one that is), we love this school and the faculty. They do a tremendous job educating the students academically, spiritually and socially. The academics are top notch and I can't say enough about the spiritual guidance they offer my children. I am often caught off guard by the maturity of my oldest child's Biblical knowledge and sincere Christian spirit. I'd like to take full credit for that, but I know The Academy plays a large part in her spiritual growth. I'm thankful each and every day for this amazing school. Keep up the great work teachers and staff!

Posted December 19, 2007

My son went to this school for 1 year. Our experience was a nightmare. Beware of all the testing they want you to do. It costs thousands and should be covered by the public schools but noone will tell you that. They show favoritism to certain families. If you fit in - great - if not they will make your life miserable. Christian standards are not in play here at all.

Posted December 13, 2007

I am surprised by the negative reviews. The academics are outstanding as measured by the 'off the chart' test scores by the students - much higher than the other schools (private or public) in the area that I looked into when I was shopping schools. The student/teacher ratio's are exceptionally low and the teachers are top notch. What really separates the school from other schools is the family atmosphere. All of the students, regardless of age, know each other and seem to genuinely care for each other. It amazes me that the older kids are so involved in helping and mentoring the younger ones. My son loves it there and says he wants to 'go to school there until he goes off to college'.

Posted September 5, 2007

I'm thankful that my children did not complete their education with this facility and that I pulled them out when I did. After leaving the shcool, I realized how poor the academics were and how superficial the staff and administration were. I agree with the parent who said the school shows favoritism--it's very obvious that there are a few 'choice' families--not ethical and not good PR for a 'Christian' school. There is an air of snobbishness about, although the classrooms are in dingy, moldy trailers. The headmaster seemed aloof and unapproachable. There are a few decent teachers, but most appear to be the headmaster's minions. Sadly, with a church as large as AFUMC, one would think they could help establish a great academy. I think the backing of the church has fallen short or that there is some friction between the two causing the school to flounder. How can it survive?

Posted July 15, 2007

The best thing that I can say about AMCA is that you need to come see for yourself. Once you are on our grounds, meet our teachers, students and step into one of our classes, you will be hooked. We are family, all inclusive of office staff, teachers, students and their families. We strive to make each student's experience with us the best part of their day. Academics are certainly strong in all areas. Christian values are intertwined throughout our multi-sensory curriculum. We want our students to embrace their own uniqueness and know that 'they can do all things through Christ who strenghtens them.' Phil 4:13
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted July 15, 2007

I have two children that attend AMCA and I cannot express what a blessing this school has been to my family. My children have had outstanding teachers each of the three years they have attended. Not only does AMCA challenge them academically, but the love and support they receive from the staff is simply amazing. There is truly a sense of love and security when you step foot on this campus. Everytime I'm on campus I see children being hugged and encouraged. What a blessing it is to have a place where your children are being challenged to do their best socially, academically and spiritually. My children's knowledge of the Bible is often times more than my own. What I love most about AMCA is that the staff recognizes that every child has gifts and they work hard to develop those.

Posted July 13, 2007

I have had at least one child at AMCA since 2000. Due to the amazing teachers and a curriculum that addresses whole-child development, all of my children have been challenged academically, nurtured emotionally, and encouraged spiritually throughout their elementary education. AMCA focuses on the gifts and strengths of each individual child and teaches to encourage each child to be all that God created them to be. The academic curriculum meets all GPS standards at every grade level, and a biblical worldview is integrated into all subjects. Fine arts, music, Spanish, PE, and biblical studies are also part of the daily academic offering at AMCA. My oldest child returned to public school in Fulton County after 5 years at AMCA and immediately performed above grade level in every subject. If you are looking for an excellent Christian education in a small classroom environment, then AMCA is the school for you!

Posted July 13, 2007

We love the school and staff as does all the other parents we have met. Our oldest son was their 3rd - 5th and I believe it provided the basis for his excellent work in public middle school and making good decisions. Our middle son just finished 5th and our youngest 2nd grade. AMCA has been a blessing in our life and we have always and still highly recommend it.

Posted July 13, 2007

AMCA has been an answer to our prayers! We have already recommended AMCA to many of our friends. My oldest son is entering 1st grade in the Fall and is already excelling in reading and math. His knowledge of the Bible amazes us. AMCA teaches a rigorous curriculum regarding the Bible and applies the principles of Christianity in every aspect of the school day, whether it be math, science or even art! My youngest will begin his education at AMCA in the Fall and I know he will be reading by Christmas. What a wonderful place to start a child's education and build their character at the same time. I also love the fact that the school is growing by leaps and bounds and yet Christ is still the focus!

Posted July 13, 2007

AMCA is a top notch school. We sent our oldest child there for Kindergarten, with the intention of getting him through his shy stage, then sending him on to public school. Then we discovered what an amazing place AMCA is and decided to stay. Now 6 years later, our youngest just completed his 3rd year at AMCA. They have received an excellent academic education, as well as an amazing christian education. Their knowledge of the Bible is extensive and it's an incredible thing to watch them put what they've learned into practice. We have one child who had some academic struggles early on and AMCA was willing and able to help us through them. We would highly recommend AMCA!

Asian 2% 2%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Methodist
Associations
  • ACSI
  • CSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

89 Cumming St