Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted February 02, 2016
Seeing is believing, so don't pay credence to the Oct 25, 2015 review without visiting the school a taking a tour for yourself - it has been an awesome learning environment for my kids! The school's Expeditionary Learning approach is unique among the great schools of North Fulton, and the school's STEM focus crosses subjects and is not just one class. And, why not teach Arabic as a foreign language? It's only spoken by a half-billion people; and we need more global thinkers. Lastly, don't let the building fool you. Yes, Fulton County should be providing the school more funding for improvements, but many classrooms have windows and I think we are the only school in the area with awesome STEM makers space. The building is in front of Wills Park where my child gets plenty of outdoor time. Seriously, don't listen to one disgruntled review. See for yourself!

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted February 02, 2016
Like any school, it depends on the individual teachers. All are very dedicated, but some are just new to the profession.

Amana Academy 1

Posted October 25, 2015
This school is located in what appears to be an old, rehabilitated grocery store. There are almost zero windows in the entire building, so there is pretty much no natural light. The car pickup line is located behind the grocery store/school, and takes forever. The students are required to learn Arabic...for some reason. The whole operation seems low budget. Given the outstanding public school options available nearby, you would be doing your child a disservice sending him or her to Amana.

Amana Academy 4

Posted September 28, 2015
It's a pretty good school. My oldest graduated from Amana & my little one attends now.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted September 28, 2015
Miss. Debay, Miss. Springer & Miss. Annunziata are all really great teachers. There ability to reach kids individually is incredible.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 07, 2015
Integrity is each crew member's goal. I haven't had any complaints from my daughter regarding unfair treatment.

Posted June 07, 2015
My daughter will be going to the 3rd grade here and my son, joining her at Amana in Kindergarten come August. I have nothing but respect for the culture and zeal for academics that each of the Amana crew members exhibit. I'm thankful for the spot I was offered for her a year ago, thankful that I enrolled her here, and blessed to watch her get better exposure academically. I'm excited my son will have the same come August 2015.

Posted March 19, 2015
100% satisfied with the decision to put our children at this school. The county needs to provide this school more funding and stop treating it like a 2nd tier school as compared to traditional public schools. There is no reason for them to not have the same funding.

Posted September 24, 2014
Amana Academy has provided a Wonderful experience for my daughters, they are both TAG students and they are constantly being challenged to reach their full potential, the student diversity is amazing, my kids have gotten to know kids from all around the world, this makes them more aware the world we live in. Thank you Amana for inspiring our children to be crew not only passengers!!!!

Posted August 18, 2014
I attended Amana Academy as a 6th grader when it first opened in 2006. I graduated as a 8th grader in 2008 with the first graduating class! Because I absolutely loved the Amana environment, I attended a charter high school. Because Amana challenged and prepared me, I was ready to take on college during my senior year by being enrolled in the Dual Enrollment Program at GA Perimeter College. After my senior/freshmen year, I attended GA State University in which I am currently a senior studying Communication with a minor in Psychology and Sociology! During this time, I decided to work to gain professionalism & to be able to pay for my Master's. When I thought of where I wanted to work, Amana Academy instantly came to mind. I sent in my resume, was interviewed, and then hired as the full time Paraprofessional for Kindergarten! Three weeks into working at Amana Academy, I am truly amazed at how much Amana has grown (300 students to 750) and how it continues to strive for what's best for everyone. I am truly blessed to have been part of this community and to finally be back in it.

285 South Main Street, Alpharetta, GA  30009
Last modified Amana Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Amana Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 94 reviews. Top