Public charter
Alpharetta, GA

Posted September 24, 2014
Amana Academy has provided a Wonderful experience for my daughters, they are both TAG students and they are constantly being challenged to reach their full potential, the student diversity is amazing, my kids have gotten to know kids from all around the world, this makes them more aware the world we live in. Thank you Amana for inspiring our children to be crew not only passengers!!!!

Posted September 12, 2014
We are new to the school and Amana provides us what we are looking for. Strong teachers who know how to get the best out of the kids. They push them to succeed and challenge them to work hard. This is Alpharetta's little hidden gem.

Posted August 18, 2014
I attended Amana Academy as a 6th grader when it first opened in 2006. I graduated as a 8th grader in 2008 with the first graduating class! Because I absolutely loved the Amana environment, I attended a charter high school. Because Amana challenged and prepared me, I was ready to take on college during my senior year by being enrolled in the Dual Enrollment Program at GA Perimeter College. After my senior/freshmen year, I attended GA State University in which I am currently a senior studying Communication with a minor in Psychology and Sociology! During this time, I decided to work to gain professionalism & to be able to pay for my Master's. When I thought of where I wanted to work, Amana Academy instantly came to mind. I sent in my resume, was interviewed, and then hired as the full time Paraprofessional for Kindergarten! Three weeks into working at Amana Academy, I am truly amazed at how much Amana has grown (300 students to 750) and how it continues to strive for what's best for everyone. I am truly blessed to have been part of this community and to finally be back in it.

Posted August 04, 2014
My kids have been at this school for 5 years and we have been very happy. The small classrooms. The EL program is great! All staff and teachers knowing my children by name has been welcoming and personal ! My son needed extra help in reading and they quickly made arrangements to help him. One of the parents commented about the preference in school because of religion....We are Jewish and WE NEVER have been treated unfairly, in fact, we felt more welcomed at Amana than our old school up north! Thank you.

Amana Academy 1

Posted July 28, 2014
My child attended this school two years ago and I voluntarily moved him to my neighborhood schools. Things I liked: lots of diversity. The annual International day event is very nice and lots of different cultures are represented. Things I didn't like: my son started in kindergarten and it was his teacher's 1st year teaching. She had little support and her inexperience hurt my child in the end - emotionally and academically. This was and continues to be a common theme at this school. His experience the following year was the same. This school struggles with wanting to compete academically with the public schools nearby, but with much fewer resources and talent. The kids pay a heavy price in the end. One final note, I know this isn't a popular comment, but there is a significant cultural bias at the school in favor of some of the kids who share common religious beliefs. This Was my experience at the time. My child's experience since leaving has been a 360 both academically and emotionally! We haven't experienced any of the challenges we faced while at Amana. It's confirmed that environment plays a key role in your child's success.

Posted April 30, 2014
I have truly enjoyed the past three years at Amana. My daughter has developed so well and staff has been amazing. Keep up the great work.

Posted April 30, 2014
I have three kids in this school and they all love it. My priority is safe and friendly environment where kids can gain confidence and Amana is so far the best school in providing this opportunity. Staff is very supportive and the best thing about Amana is that we parents are crew not passengers.

Posted October 02, 2013
I am a parent of a middle school child at Amana and couldn't be happier with the quality of education and the environment. I applaud the faculty and administration for the amazing work they do and feel so lucky to have this school as an option for my child.

Posted October 01, 2013
I am currently an eighth grader at Amana, and I have been there since fifth grade. I was, I admit, skeptical of the school beforehand, because of the uniform. Four years later, however, I realize how much easier the uniform is on everyone. It cuts down on bullying and makes the mornings much easier. Also, I have never personally had any accounts of bullying at Amana. I have seen very few disputes between my classmates, and they were addressed immediately and cleared up. The staffing of the school is definitely above the bar. I have been very fortunate in my past education. That being said, Amana has been successful in specifically addressing a student's needs one on one, where my previous schools have failed. Teachers strive to help and aid their students in any way they can. Something else I would like to point out, that other reviews seem to be lacking, is Community Circle. Before coming to Amana, I was very shy. After a year or two of doing community circle, I expressed myself more effectively. (Just a side note: Some of the reviews written by 'parents' do not sound like they are written by adults. The grammar mistakes and general rudeness do not sound mature and adult-like)

Amana Academy 3

Posted August 05, 2013
The school has remedied the skirt uniform issue and now allows both knee length and ankle length skirts. A step in the right direction.

Amana Academy
285 South Main Street, Alpharetta, GA  30009
Last modified Amana Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Amana Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 64 reviews. Top