Public charter
Alpharetta, GA

Amana Academy
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 07, 2015
Integrity is each crew member's goal. I haven't had any complaints from my daughter regarding unfair treatment.

Posted June 07, 2015
My daughter will be going to the 3rd grade here and my son, joining her at Amana in Kindergarten come August. I have nothing but respect for the culture and zeal for academics that each of the Amana crew members exhibit. I'm thankful for the spot I was offered for her a year ago, thankful that I enrolled her here, and blessed to watch her get better exposure academically. I'm excited my son will have the same come August 2015.

Posted March 19, 2015
100% satisfied with the decision to put our children at this school. The county needs to provide this school more funding and stop treating it like a 2nd tier school as compared to traditional public schools. There is no reason for them to not have the same funding.

Posted September 24, 2014
Amana Academy has provided a Wonderful experience for my daughters, they are both TAG students and they are constantly being challenged to reach their full potential, the student diversity is amazing, my kids have gotten to know kids from all around the world, this makes them more aware the world we live in. Thank you Amana for inspiring our children to be crew not only passengers!!!!

Posted August 18, 2014
I attended Amana Academy as a 6th grader when it first opened in 2006. I graduated as a 8th grader in 2008 with the first graduating class! Because I absolutely loved the Amana environment, I attended a charter high school. Because Amana challenged and prepared me, I was ready to take on college during my senior year by being enrolled in the Dual Enrollment Program at GA Perimeter College. After my senior/freshmen year, I attended GA State University in which I am currently a senior studying Communication with a minor in Psychology and Sociology! During this time, I decided to work to gain professionalism & to be able to pay for my Master's. When I thought of where I wanted to work, Amana Academy instantly came to mind. I sent in my resume, was interviewed, and then hired as the full time Paraprofessional for Kindergarten! Three weeks into working at Amana Academy, I am truly amazed at how much Amana has grown (300 students to 750) and how it continues to strive for what's best for everyone. I am truly blessed to have been part of this community and to finally be back in it.

Posted August 04, 2014
My kids have been at this school for 5 years and we have been very happy. The small classrooms. The EL program is great! All staff and teachers knowing my children by name has been welcoming and personal ! My son needed extra help in reading and they quickly made arrangements to help him. One of the parents commented about the preference in school because of religion....We are Jewish and WE NEVER have been treated unfairly, in fact, we felt more welcomed at Amana than our old school up north! Thank you.

Amana Academy 1

Posted July 28, 2014
My child attended this school two years ago and I voluntarily moved him to my neighborhood schools. Things I liked: lots of diversity. The annual International day event is very nice and lots of different cultures are represented. Things I didn't like: my son started in kindergarten and it was his teacher's 1st year teaching. She had little support and her inexperience hurt my child in the end - emotionally and academically. This was and continues to be a common theme at this school. His experience the following year was the same. This school struggles with wanting to compete academically with the public schools nearby, but with much fewer resources and talent. The kids pay a heavy price in the end. One final note, I know this isn't a popular comment, but there is a significant cultural bias at the school in favor of some of the kids who share common religious beliefs. This Was my experience at the time. My child's experience since leaving has been a 360 both academically and emotionally! We haven't experienced any of the challenges we faced while at Amana. It's confirmed that environment plays a key role in your child's success.

Posted April 30, 2014
I have truly enjoyed the past three years at Amana. My daughter has developed so well and staff has been amazing. Keep up the great work.

Posted April 30, 2014
I have three kids in this school and they all love it. My priority is safe and friendly environment where kids can gain confidence and Amana is so far the best school in providing this opportunity. Staff is very supportive and the best thing about Amana is that we parents are crew not passengers.

Posted October 02, 2013
I am a parent of a middle school child at Amana and couldn't be happier with the quality of education and the environment. I applaud the faculty and administration for the amazing work they do and feel so lucky to have this school as an option for my child.

Amana Academy
285 South Main Street, Alpharetta, GA  30009
Last modified Amana Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Amana Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 79 reviews. Top