Alpharetta, GA

School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Thank you to the members of our school community who have taken the time to comment on your experience. We read and appreciate each comment as it ultimately helps our students by strengthening the school program and assisting potential families as they seek a school for their child. The format of the Great Schools site does not permit schools to address specific comments, either positive or negative. There is a recent review below from a gentleman who was concerned that his children were not offered enrollment because of his status as a single father. We apologize for the confusion but this profile does not match any applicant family to the school nor does it align with our admission policy of enrolling students who can be served by the program. In fact, there are several families in the school community headed by single parents of both genders. King's Ridge Christian School is sometimes confused with another school in the area that has a similar name and perhaps this was the case here. If not, please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss your concerns.
January 01, 2015

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted August 23, 2015
My child is expected to be respectful and when that doesn't happen he is corrected. I have seen it with other students too. Students know that their teachers really care about them and have great admiration for them. The chapel service also allows them to understand that as Christians we are challenged to respect and love others.

Posted August 23, 2015
We have been a King's Ridge family since 1st grade. I am not sure how we could have found a better place to raise our child with teachers, staff and administration who truly care about the students. People sometimes think private schools have a reputation for snobby people but we have not found that to be true. Each year there are more new students and my child has learned to reach out and has made many friends. He has been taught and held accountable for how he treats others. This school does not tolerate bullying of any kind in our experience in lower and middle school, but we are also expected to bring forth concerns. I am not so naive to believe my child is right in every situation but I do know the people there have my child's best interest ultimately at heart. We are not a family that has so many extra funds that tuition comes without sacrifice and know other families who believe this investment will pay off for a lifetime. Any school will have some families that have more than others but that is the reality of life. If you have ever been involved with a non-profit you know that funding to build does not come without fundraising. We are asked to participate but not held to any hard-sell of an amount. Our participation allows the school to receive funding from other sources than families. The thing I love most is how my child is learning to become responsible and have a heart for others. His faith is growing each year. There is a day where the entire middle school went to serve together and mission trips where my son can understand how blessed he is to be in a place where he can help others. A chapel is held each week and the teachers and principal who really care about who is becoming makes me feel that my child is surrounded by people who share the same values I have for him. I am going to do all that I can so we can continue to make a way for my child to complete his high school education at King's Ridge. His academic preparation really allow him to learn. Each year the school makes improvements and to me this means there are people who are paying attention. This is a place that I can recommend to other families without hesitation. If you are looking for a place where you can be part of a community and for your child to develop their understanding of faith, have strong academics and not fall through the cracks, this is it!

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted August 10, 2015
The bullying and excluding of some students by other students is overwhelming prevalent and overlooked. Consequences for bad behavior and breaking rules are dependent upon the family's income or ability to pull off/conjure the perception of wealth. Materialistic culture created by parents that trickles down to their offspring.

King's Ridge Christian School 1

Posted August 10, 2015
Initially upon enrolling our child at KRCS in Kindergarten, we were very optimistic that we had found a school home where our child could thrive and grow academically, socially, and spiritually all the way through high school graduation. Disappointedly, over the next 6 years, KRCS increasingly failed/harmed our child in all of these areas while soliciting and pursuing big $ to build impressive buildings on the campus grounds. Admittedly, the campus grounds of KRCS are truly beautiful and impressive; however once we started "looking behind the facade" and actually experienced the environment and culture of KRCS, the school grew to be more and more of a disappointment. The culture and environment of KRCS feels much more like a snobby, exclusive country club than it does a "Christian" school. In the time our child attended KRCS we saw the "Christian" environment and values of the school become increasingly compromised and disregarded with every $ they tried to raise for their building campaign. Other issues that caused us to flee KRCS: lack of true leadership; some teachers that gossip regularly about parents and literally have described students as "spoiled brats"; groups of KRCS parents overheard out in public gossiping and complaining about the school, teachers, staff, other parents not a part of their clique, and even worse - about students; "disjointed" and less than stellar academic programs, parents who are permitted to buy favoritism and influence in order to dictate the direction of the school; ever increasing prevalence of bullying that many parents have complained about while the school either looks the other way, denies its existence, gives the appearance of concern, and/or makes grandeous promises of change, but really makes no real concerted effort to create or implement an action plan for any real change - this outcome is essentially the same at every level of leadership, even up to the headmasters; too many students inflicting "self harm" (cutting, etc) to try to cope with anxiety and/or depression caused by trying to survive the KRCS social atmosphere of bullying, meanness and elitism; no exit interviews given to families who in the past have brought issues to their attention and/or expressed disappointment with their child's experience at KRCS. Looking for a true Christian school with strong academics? Look elsewhere, not found here!

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted August 10, 2015
Depends on the teacher. Some are excellent, caring, have a passion for teaching their students, and I'll just say others are not.

Posted August 10, 2015
If you are a parent who is looking to delegate all educational details to a teacher or school, this is not the place for you. However, if you want an active environment where you participate in your child's educational experience you should take a look. We came to KRCS for their outstanding pre-first program. It was perfect for our intelligent, but immature child. Our son has not only matured, but he has been able to thrive in his 3 years at KRCS. We love the staff, teachers and families at Kings Ridge. Of course the school is not perfect. Some teachers are better than others, the student body is too small for special programs if your child is on the extreme end of either side of the learning continuum, and like all private schools they require funding beyond tuition. However, it is a great program for most. One very salient point that should be considered is the number of scholarships Kings Ridge high school seniors were offered last year - the ratio of scholarships to graduating students was roughly 1.3 to 1. That is an incredible statistic that cannot be ignored or discounted.

Posted May 05, 2015
We took our family to see the high school musical last weekend. The set was amazing and the talent was phenomenal. These kids have serious talent! But the best part of the evening was seeing the entire King's Ridge community at the event. Kids from all grade levels, parents and staff overflowed the auditorium. We love being part of a community that cares and supports each other.

Posted April 23, 2015
This used to be one of the best kept secrets in Alpharetta. There is a reason why there are so many trying to get into this school that really focuses on getting to know the student and setting the bar high in expectations of personal integrity and work ethic. You won't feel like a visitor for long since the staff and students go out of their way to make visitors feel welcomed, no matter where you come from or who you are. I told my friends about King's Ridge and they had a hard time believing it until they visited themselves. Now, they are enrolling their kids too.

King's Ridge Christian School 2

Posted February 14, 2015
Ask the right questions about their history of how many have left each year and overall and there will be your answer. The numbers are very high. It's a school that has been around for a long time and shouldn't still have such issues.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted January 01, 2015

2765 Bethany Bend, Alpharetta, GA  30004
Last modified King's Ridge Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12
King's Ridge Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 72 reviews. Top