PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Posted July 25, 2016
At first, we were hesitant to place our son in the school due to the long drive and also the doubt that a Montessori education would deliver however, after some thought and the fact that schools in our area weren't up to par, we decided to place him and do what most crazy parents do and that is drive way out of their way for their childcare's education. Of course, if you're reading this you're thinking, what does this have to do with Crabapple right? Well, the fact that we drove out of our way and I mean literally out of our way speaks for why we decided to do so for several years. This school has talented educators, great and thoughtful leaders and a solid foundation that focuses on the children first. If you have any doubt about a Montessori school, visit them and you will see what I am talking about. Thank you Crabapple for what you've done for our son. We truly appreciate it.

Posted July 20, 2016
Very dedicated teachers and administrators. Tight school/parent community. Fun, multicultural activities like Love around the world. Warm, welcoming environment. Well organized school. My children really enjoyed it.

Posted July 12, 2016
We had two of our children attend this school. Both of them started when they were 2. CMS is truly one of a kind. It took us moving out of state to see a glaring contrast of other "Montessori" schools. Just because the school has the word "Montessori" in the name, doesn't mean it's a REAL Montessori school. Where we live now, the "Montessori" schools are more like day care's with Montessori principles, run by people who focus more on making money than the education and development of children. This was my experience over and over again as I searched for a school that could hold a candle to CMS. Thankfully, I found the right fit for my children, but truly miss everyone at CMS. It's hard to put in words how CMS contributed to the eduction, development, personality and grace of my children. Both are considered "advanced" where they go to school now and I am 100% convinced it had everything to do with their time at CMS. The owners and ALL of the staff have a genuine love for the children and take a personal interest in their development, while nurturing a "growth mindset" versus a "fixed mindset". Look up those phrases and things will be more clear. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants to provide a unique learning environment for their children and see how that different environment (from the norm) can make a drastic difference in how your child learns and develops.

Posted August 07, 2014
This school was like second home to both my boys for the past few years. The owners are always there and they keep their standards high. The school is very clean and well maintained. It is a very calm and pleasant environment for kids. Some teachers are better than others. We were lucky with great teachers. I definitely recommend this school.

Posted August 02, 2014
I enrolled both my children at Crabapple Montessori at the age of 3! When I first went to observe this school I knew that I had found the place I wanted my children to begin their education experience ! My children learned so much and really enjoyed being there on a daily basis. They gained confidence in their social interactions and in their abilities to read and write. They learned about different cultures and customs and became aware of our world. I am so happy that they received such a strong base to begin their education!i highly recommend this school and cannot wait until my new baby is ready to experience Crabapple Montessori too!!!

Posted July 12, 2014
My daughter attended the Crabapple Montessori for 3 years. Her toddler teacher was positive, full of energy, yet firm. She was potty trained right after her 2nd birthday. She moved to the Primary Class when she turned 3 and it was a beautiful experience. Her teachers instilled a love of learning, respect for others as well as all living things. She developed a strong self confidence as well as learning how to read and write when she was 4 years old. Birthday celebrations were beautiful as well. Instead of focusing on sugar treats, we made a poster with pictures from every year of her life. Her teacher put a globe of the world in the middle of a carpet with the class sitting in a circle around it. Then my daughter would make trips around the globe and share a memory from each year of her life. Lunchtime was peaceful. The lights are turned off and the children eat in natural light from the windows while listening to peaceful music. The children are responsible for setting up lunch and cleaning up afterwards. My daughter took pride in helping teach younger children because she had learned from children who were older than her. I strongly recommend the Crabapple Montessori.

Posted June 26, 2014
The environment is very clean and the classrooms are bright and make the studying environment very good. The staff is very friendly and co-operative. My children loved the teachers!!! Awesome School.

Posted June 19, 2014
We have had a very positive experience at CMS. We had two children attend and both were very happy in the classroom. Additionally, both kids made progress academically and benefited from the multicultural environment.

Crabapple Montessori School 1

Posted June 11, 2014
Make sure your child is a good fit with his/ her teachers. Some teachers are very sweet but others treat the children coldly. Go with your instincts and observe the classroom if possible. Our child's teacher was a nightmare!

Posted May 11, 2014
CMS is an excellent school focusing on building foundation for children's learning, personality and behavior! My daughter has been in CMS for past 3 years. She has mastered many good skills and manners from the school, and enjoys going to school everyday! This school also has great environment which is maintained clean and tidy, I noticed fewer kids get sick in this school. The owner and most teachers make us feel this is a big family!

Crabapple Montessori School
12387 Crabapple Road, Alpharetta, GA  30004
Last modified Crabapple Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6