PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

My daughter attended Crabapple Montessori School, and she loved it. Ms. Smith was very loving and patient with my daughter. The after school program was amazing. I would often find the teachers sitting on the floor engaged in an activity with the children. They would even occasionally put together programs such as musical performances and dances that the students shared with us-this was the after school program! When it was suspected that my daughter had a learning disability, the school worked with my daughter to provide her the best education possible. They gave her the support of a reading specialist who is trained in the Orton-Gillingham program (Ms. Af Shan and Ms. Maria I will always appreciate this help!) After testing it was determined that my daughter would be best served in a school where they specialize in working with students with dyslexia. However, her time spent at Crabapple did not go by without learning. Over a year after leaving Crabapple my daughter shared many lessons that she had learned through the verbal instruction (often shared as a story that my daughter was able to soak up despite her disabilities) that she learned from her teachers Ms. Stilman and Ms. Smith-her favorite were the science lessons. My daughter loved her time at this school. I loved watching her present what she had learned with such confidence. Thank you Crabapple Montessori for your support.

Our two boys went to CMS, one for 4 years and one for a year and a half. We moved out of the immediate area, so we had to leave the school. The combination of incredible teachers, supportive administration and great facilities is hard to find and CMS has it. The knowledge and confidence my kids acquired at CMS serves them incredibly well. Now I have a happy 1st grader at a public elementary school that is always eager to learn. My toddler easily transitioned to a primary class at another Montessori school. The teachers at CMS were an incredible influence. My kids have had various teachers throughout the years but the consistency of the method made the experience essentially the same, no matter who was teaching. We highly recommend the school, so happy we found it and sad to leave this special place.

This is one of the best schools around town. My daughter attended for 2 years and had the best experience. They have a very nurturing, caring environment with a very calm and peaceful classroom. They have very high standards and taught my daughter how to become an inquisitive and thoughtful student. The school has fantastic, caring teachers and owners who are involved. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Amount of homework: Agree

In toddler and primary classes, there isn't any homework, other than what the child wants to share and general life skills. This is appropriate for the age (backed by research!).

Our older son attended CMS for 3 and a half years. He spent the first 6-7 months in the toddler classrooms, and then moved up to Primary. When he first started, he was ready for potty-training, and the administration and teachers worked with us to finalize the process in his first few weeks. They were extraordinarily patient and helpful in the process without shaming him for any accidents and helping him learn. During these 6 months, his language skills blossomed. He had been a little behind in terms of talking, but caught up quickly once in this environment. In the Primary class, he learned so much and Ms. Alexa (year 1) and Ms. Ceci (year 1 assistant, years 2 and 3 lead teacher) were wonderful, supportive, and nurturing teachers. We thoroughly enjoyed the parent nights where we were able to learn more about how our son was being taught, more about Montessori materials, and walkthroughs of different lessons the children learned. We recently moved out of state, and our older son is now in public school. We feel CMS really prepared him well and helped set a standard for learning to build on as he transitions to a different style of learning. We're sad that our younger son won't be attending CMS as we have so many fond memories and such great teachers. Finding a new home-away-from-home has been difficult, as the bar has been set high.

At first, we were hesitant to place our son in the school due to the long drive and also the doubt that a Montessori education would deliver however, after some thought and the fact that schools in our area weren't up to par, we decided to place him and do what most crazy parents do and that is drive way out of their way for their childcare's education. Of course, if you're reading this you're thinking, what does this have to do with Crabapple right? Well, the fact that we drove out of our way and I mean literally out of our way speaks for why we decided to do so for several years. This school has talented educators, great and thoughtful leaders and a solid foundation that focuses on the children first. If you have any doubt about a Montessori school, visit them and you will see what I am talking about. Thank you Crabapple for what you've done for our son. We truly appreciate it.

Very dedicated teachers and administrators. Tight school/parent community. Fun, multicultural activities like Love around the world. Warm, welcoming environment. Well organized school. My children really enjoyed it.

We had two of our children attend this school. Both of them started when they were 2. CMS is truly one of a kind. It took us moving out of state to see a glaring contrast of other "Montessori" schools. Just because the school has the word "Montessori" in the name, doesn't mean it's a REAL Montessori school. Where we live now, the "Montessori" schools are more like day care's with Montessori principles, run by people who focus more on making money than the education and development of children. This was my experience over and over again as I searched for a school that could hold a candle to CMS. Thankfully, I found the right fit for my children, but truly miss everyone at CMS. It's hard to put in words how CMS contributed to the eduction, development, personality and grace of my children. Both are considered "advanced" where they go to school now and I am 100% convinced it had everything to do with their time at CMS. The owners and ALL of the staff have a genuine love for the children and take a personal interest in their development, while nurturing a "growth mindset" versus a "fixed mindset". Look up those phrases and things will be more clear. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants to provide a unique learning environment for their children and see how that different environment (from the norm) can make a drastic difference in how your child learns and develops.

This school was like second home to both my boys for the past few years. The owners are always there and they keep their standards high. The school is very clean and well maintained. It is a very calm and pleasant environment for kids. Some teachers are better than others. We were lucky with great teachers. I definitely recommend this school.

I enrolled both my children at Crabapple Montessori at the age of 3! When I first went to observe this school I knew that I had found the place I wanted my children to begin their education experience ! My children learned so much and really enjoyed being there on a daily basis. They gained confidence in their social interactions and in their abilities to read and write. They learned about different cultures and customs and became aware of our world. I am so happy that they received such a strong base to begin their education!i highly recommend this school and cannot wait until my new baby is ready to experience Crabapple Montessori too!!!

Last modified Crabapple Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6