Alpharetta, GA

Posted December 18, 2013
I have 2 boys in Kindergarten here and so far I could not be more pleased with the teachers, the staff and the PTA. The communication to the parents is well organized and clear. My boys love school and it seems like a great environment with caring and well behaved children.

Posted November 23, 2013
I went to this school for Kindergarten through 5th grade, all of the teachers i experienced here were caring and loved their jobs.

Posted October 22, 2013
We are on year 5 out of the 9 that we will spend at Dolvin. To address previous comments, the school seems to be doing a lot less fundraising this year. I actually don't mind the fundraising, because the Dolvin foundation has really done a great job providing our students with top notch technology. I been pleased with the quality of teachers. The one time that I was not thrilled, I bought my concerns forward and my child was moved the next day. I was treated with respect and my voice was heard. Not only that, but changes were made in the 1st class to address my concerns. All schools require a parent to stay on top of things, and Dolvin is no different. I feel that most of the parents here are very involved both with the school and with the education of their children. I am also very happy with the implementation of the Common Core program. The teachers have done a nice job learning an entirely new system. The ability for a parent to stay ahead of what we know will be studied is awesome!

Posted July 03, 2012
I've had students at Dolvin for the past 7 years (2 more to go). It was a pretty good school under the previous principal, but now with Mrs. Zoll the school is great. Her default answer is "yes, we can do that!". I tend to volunteer at the class room level (room parent, science helper) and there are plenty of opportunities to be involved. Fundraising is optional, but it DOES provide a lot of extras. I don't mind participating since I feel my sons are getting a great education without paying private school tuition. I do think there are a few legacy teachers who have lost their passion but I think that's true at any (private or public) school. I look forward to next year under the Charter system when the school will have even more flexibility.

Posted June 12, 2012
At least one of my children have been at this school for the past 8 years so I feel that I have very good feel for the dynamics of this school. Dolvin is an excellent school that focuses on academics as well as character development. Sure, they do fundraising but what school doesn't? It is not an every week or every month occurance. There is typically one fundrasier in the fall by the PTA and one in the winter/spring by the Foundation. All of the funds help the children! Dolvin has more technology than any school in the area. It is also an example in the community for environmental education. We are often recognized for this. Not to mention our schools dedication to giving back (Kids Care). Mrs. Zoll is wonderful and our test scores are very high. For a school with quite a bit of diversity, I feel that this school does its best to meet the needs of as much of the student body as possible.

Posted June 11, 2012
We have been very happy with Dolvin. My daughter loves going to school and has always loved her teachers. Some are better than others. Fundraising events seem normal to me. I have never felt any pressure to contribute or participate. Dolvin has high tech equipment that other schools don't have because of this fundraising. I wouldn't count that as a negative.

Posted February 27, 2012
My two son attends Dolvin. New principal Mrs. Zoll is awesome. I have been happy with teachers. Dolvin is very good at teaching

Dolvin Elementary School 1

Posted May 26, 2010
I have had a real bad experience with this school in the very first year, in kindergarten. The teacher doesn't know how to handle the kids,and also There is always one or the other fundrausinf in the school.We r moving out of the area to avoid this school.

Dolvin Elementary School 2

Posted October 01, 2009
It is all about money here. I bet I get requests for money or fundraising 3 times a week. My son is having huge problems and my daughter does not seem to like it either. Not sure what to do.... move I guess

Dolvin Elementary School 3

Posted September 25, 2009
This will be my son's 2nd year at dolvin and find it just ok. First of all, the school is too focused on fund raising and there all fund raisers going on all the time which seems to take away from the academics. Also, parking is a huge problem. Overall, i have been happy with his teachers but think there is room for improvement in a lot of areas!

Dolvin Elementary School
10495 Jones Bridge Rd, Alpharetta, GA  30022
Last modified Dolvin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dolvin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top