Posted April 26, 2012
My son visits 2nd grade at AES and I am thrilled with his education. We originally moved here from Europe and when people say education is better there than here, I have to disagree. The encouragement and warmth given to the students is wonderful, and the principle Mr. Maroney brings great involvement and ambition to the school. There is a wonderful mix of students with different backgrounds. The children learn very early to accept differences. This is the way a school should be in order to prepare our children for the future. My son absolutely adores his teacher Mrs. Burns, who brings fun into a very organized and challenging curriculum. And meeting special needs children in the hallways who are happy and integrated fills my heart with warmth and gratitude toward this wonderful school.

Posted April 08, 2008

Alpharetta Elementary School 3

Posted February 26, 2008
My daughter is in 1st grade at AES. There is a new principle (this is her 2nd yr). Not sure if she will make it. I didn't get the pleasure of experiencing Jackie Littlefields administration but it sounds like it was much better. My daughter should be in Advanced courses but the current admin got rid of AP...instead believing that there should be lower/middle/upper 'groups' within each classroom. I find that all my daughter gets is more work to do without more instruction - although her teacher does seem to try. How can a teacher give all the children the level of instruction they need? Doesn't seem like the teachers like the way the admin is running things but there's not much they can do. When problems (like not having AP courses) is brought to the principle, she smiles (she is nice) and blows you off. Future Unknown!

Posted January 22, 2007

Posted January 22, 2007

Posted May 08, 2006
Both of my children have attended and completed Alpharetta Elementary School. It has been a wonderful experience and they both received a stellar education. The school is very warm and inviting and the personnel are very cordial and informative. I have always felt very welcomed and appreciated. We have seldom had any issues or concerns, but the few we have encountered have been handled professionally and courteously. I would highly recommended this school to anyone looking for a 'family oriented' education for their children.

Posted May 08, 2006
For me finding AES was a blessing. The staff really bends over backwards to make you feel at home. My son's improvement has been outstanding to say the least. There is constant contact with teachers weather it via email or scheduled conferences. Everything my son needed was presented with the utmost professionalism and in the greatest detail. They really make sure you're part of the process. My son will be back at AES next year.

Posted February 08, 2005
I have been very pleased with AES, my child in the first grade loves his teacher Mrs. Jessica Rouche and I believe she deserves a raise!

Posted May 31, 2004
AES is a very well organized school, has excellent teachers, and is run by a very good principal - Jackie Littlefield. While the faculty is excellent, we did once have an issue with a teacher. Ms. Littlefield took the time to understand our issues with the teaching style at issue, and factored those issues into future teacher assignments for our child. Our child went to AES for 4 years and was extremely happy there. Mr. Witt, our child's 3rd grade teacher, was his favorite. While he at first found him to be 'too tough', our son admitted at the end of the year that Mr. Witt was his favorite teacher ever. Kudos to Mr. Witt. Mrs. Kehrli is also an excellent teacher who bonds extremely well with her children, and has exceptional teaching schools. AES was a wonderful experience for our family.

Alpharetta Elementary School
192 Mayfield Rd, Alpharetta, GA  30004
Last modified Alpharetta Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alpharetta Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top