Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Our neighborhood school has an amazing principal, assistant principal, faculty and staff. Wonderful families and children who create a fun learning environment .

My son attended special needs class in AES school for a year and he declined academically as well as socially. I have told from his home school coordinator and IEP when they moved him to Autism class there, he will get more help from AES,but that never happen. There are 6 different special needs kids in one room with one teacher. I have observed , when the teacher is out sick for weeks and kids have not getting help. The exceptional kids collected from everywhere and isolated in one room and do what ever they want. The paraprofessional teacher just keep the kids to seat and watch movies or their own things. The autism class in AES is not appropriate for kids like my son and needs to be changed to something else to improve the life of those exceptional kids. If this issue can not resolved, I can not send my son back to this school again.

I love Alpharetta Elementary. This is our 7th year there and it will be a sad day when we are done here. It is a small neighborhood school and the staff is wonderful. We had one sorta bad teacher one year...she wasn't a bad teacher, she just was misplaced. She should have taught the older kids bc she isn't warm and fuzzy. Admin listened and moved her to the higher grades the next year. I never feel ignored or dismissed (as a parent) and my kids love it. My oldest child moved to Northwestern this year and he wishes he was still at AES. I do too. Not impressed by NMS. My only complaint was I felt the 5th grade teachers coddled the 5th graders too much. They were ready academically but we're not prepared for the hands off teaching at NMS. I spoke with the principal and he took my concerns to heart. Hopefully they will be mentioned to the 5th grade team. I could go on and on about how much I love this school but I won't. It's wonderful!

My child has had a severe bullying problem at this school. The school counselor is awful. She is not empathetic or understanding at all. Staff knew that my child was being isolated and did nothing. This school is good on academic standards, but not moral standards. As well, one of the math teachers would always tell the kids they had to do the math work on their own and weren't allowed to bother the teacher. Our child was afraid to ask for help because the teacher was a yeller too. Not impressed. We had a really positive experience at my children's former school in a different state. This has been completely different.

My son visits 2nd grade at AES and I am thrilled with his education. We originally moved here from Europe and when people say education is better there than here, I have to disagree. The encouragement and warmth given to the students is wonderful, and the principle Mr. Maroney brings great involvement and ambition to the school. There is a wonderful mix of students with different backgrounds. The children learn very early to accept differences. This is the way a school should be in order to prepare our children for the future. My son absolutely adores his teacher Mrs. Burns, who brings fun into a very organized and challenging curriculum. And meeting special needs children in the hallways who are happy and integrated fills my heart with warmth and gratitude toward this wonderful school.

My daughter is in 1st grade at AES. There is a new principle (this is her 2nd yr). Not sure if she will make it. I didn't get the pleasure of experiencing Jackie Littlefields administration but it sounds like it was much better. My daughter should be in Advanced courses but the current admin got rid of AP...instead believing that there should be lower/middle/upper 'groups' within each classroom. I find that all my daughter gets is more work to do without more instruction - although her teacher does seem to try. How can a teacher give all the children the level of instruction they need? Doesn't seem like the teachers like the way the admin is running things but there's not much they can do. When problems (like not having AP courses) is brought to the principle, she smiles (she is nice) and blows you off. Future Unknown!

Last modified Alpharetta Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.