Americus, GA
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Southland Academy's mission is to provide a firm foundation on which each student can build a strong mind, body, and spirit. We believe that it is essential to challenge our students with experiences in and out of the classroom, developing their minds and hearts so that they are able to determine who they are and what they have to offer our school and community. Southland Academy is known for its motto: Committed to Excellence. We strive for excellence in all that we do including academics, athletics, fine arts, and service. We are also committed to providing a respectful, safe, and caring environment.
December 6, 2012

Posted September 28, 2014
We chose Southland Academy for our child because of the safe learning environment. Students are taught respect for themselves and others. The teachers are very caring and have the student's best interest at heart. We are very happy with our decision and encourage other parents to go visit and see for yourselves!

Posted September 17, 2014
We have two children who graduated from Southland. While they were there they were actively involved in many of the activities offered. We felt that they were always safe and encouraged. Both had high SAT scores and were accepted by everyschool they applies to. Both graduated from the college of their choice and were offered jobs immediately upon graduation. Mission Accomplished!!

Posted August 28, 2014
I appreciate all that Southland Academy offers not only my child but also my family. Starting our third year at Southland, I have been more than pleased with Southland Academy's academic curriculum, small classes, safety of the campus, and kind and positive attitude of the faculty and staff. I look forward to the next several years we have to spend at Southland!

Southland Academy 2

Posted August 27, 2014
I attended 3 years of bad luck! Im an African American student and I was picked on about my skin color. The staff members did not try to stop it! The kids are very disrespectful to their subs. The reading teacher told me that interracial relationships are a sin. This school is a waste of money...

Posted February 18, 2014
I am an alumni with two kids attending. Southland offers Christian based college prep education in a safe diciplined atmosphere. My family is very pleased with Southland and the many opportunities it offers for a very reasonable tuition.

Posted January 21, 2014
My two kids have plugged in very well at Southland Academy. We came from a public school in a neighboring county and while we were pleased with the school system they attended, we were missing that family spirit and school pride element that is so important. We moved to Southland and have never once regretted it. The family atmosphere and small class sizes made it an easy transition for our kids.The academics are excellent, the facilities are top notch and atheletics have more to offer than many of the larger public schools in our area. As is the case with many private schools technology is very costly and there are not endless supplies of tax dollars to spend on the technology. However, Southland has committed to improving it's technology and has installed smart boards in many of the classrooms and has budgeted to purchase more each year. This along with the group of fine teachers ensures that Southland students are at the forefront of the latest technology and instruction each year. As parents we are extremely pleased in our decision to join the Southland family, however our kids are the ones who have benefitted the most!!

Southland Academy 1

Posted August 06, 2013
Former student at 'The Academy', and thought this school was terrible. This school is said to have a Christian environment, however, it doesn't nurture or advertise Christian ideals, especially in it's high school beyond racism and cynicism. The 'average' Southland student is a selfish, closed-minded rich kid. The education is sub-par to begin with, but when paired with the poor motivation of these students and peer pressure to be as lazy as possible, it is truly a joke. The peer pressure even extends to the good kids. The good kids are often ostracized and ridiculed for their attempts of success. Graduates or alumni are very proud of Southland because it was, and still is, a close-knit community of snobs who think low of you if you do not attend Southland. Overall, a terrible place to enroll your child, but a great place to put your child if you want to waste your money.

Southland Academy 1

Posted April 04, 2013
Subpar education. They were very restrictive about which kids they'll let take "honors" classes; you usually had to be in their "honors" classes back in 7th grade to be in their High School honors classes. They had only two AP classes when I attended.

Posted January 12, 2013
Southland is a great school with a rich and proud tradition in our communtiy. The faculty and staff have provided several generations of families with the educational foundation needed to ensure each student succeed at whatever they undertake in life. The new leadership at the school is committed to guide Southland down the path to many more years of excellence. The future is exciting and bright at the school, and Southland is clearly the best choice in college prep that our community has to offer.

Posted January 06, 2013
Southland Academy is most certainly the best decision we ever made for our family! There are high expectations academically and behaviorally for all students. I truly believe that any sacrifice we have had to make financially has been far outweighed by the benefits of our children attending Southland. Both of my children have been there since 4K and while every minute has not been perfect I have always been able to speak with teachers, administrators, and coaches to work out any problems/issues. We have recently acquired a new headmaster that I feel is very concerned with keeping our school on the right track. The relationships my entire family has made here will be lifelong relationships. I feel this is something hard to find in other places! We LOVE Southland and would never consider going anywhere else!

Southland Academy