Bad
Good

Posted September 05, 2013
We are the most grateful parents of a 1st grader who needs special education resources. They are wonderful, knowledgable, patient, and understanding. The best thing is that our child is learning so much and is always so happy to go to school. He is in a great environment and we are thankful for that!

Posted August 04, 2013
The teachers are dedicated beyond duty and have proven their worth with the students passing courses and the Georgia mandated test's.

South Jackson Elementary School 1

Posted November 09, 2010
This school is a joke! Children run wild in the classrooms and the teachers have very little control. Due to NCLB above average students are ignored in order to try to reach state standards with those who really should be left behind. And when you tty to get extra effort out of the teachers to help your child reach their full potential, the teachers then retaliate against the children. For example, one child urinated on the feet of several classmates while sitting on the classroom. The students who "tattled" were punished for telling on him. Run from this school!

Posted September 22, 2010
I have no idea what the previous reviewer is talking about. The school has always been clean and smelled fine with the exception of one year when there was a sewerage problem (embarrassing for anyone!) which was promptly fixed within a short amount of time. This school has been very good for my children, with few exceptions. The classes are small, the teachers are attentive, and in the case of my youngest child, who had a VERY rough first few weeks of kindergarten, they were willing to work with me step by step to see him through the tough transition. This is a great little country school and even when we were given the chance to move to Jefferson City School, we turned it down as my children enjoy/have benefited from South Jackson so much. My children have never experienced any administration encouraged sharing of food as mentioned in the otherit

Posted June 20, 2009
My daughter has had a wonderful experience at SJES. The teachers care about her and her classmates. She receives individual attention and exceeded on all areas of the CRCT. I can't wait for my son to start there in the fall.

Posted May 23, 2009
Wow! I am So impressed!!!! My children just started school here last month. All I can say is this school is a world of differance compared to the school they attended in the past! The kids fit right in with very little, actually no transition problems! The teachers were great at helping the kids feel comfortable, and fit right in. Can't wait to have many more years here!

Posted August 13, 2008
SJES is a great scool. It was great pleasure to have met such a wonderful staff & group of teachers. They do make the childern top priorty. I could not have asked for more. Tammy Shekey

Posted July 29, 2007
My child had a great year! Her teacher was organized and dispersed fun and discipline in equal doses. My daughter looked forward to school every day! It was a big move for us and we couldn't have been more pleased. The lunch room music technique is an ingenius way to get kids to co-operate. The entire staff seem truly interested in making it a great experience for our kids.

Posted April 19, 2007
I attended SJES as a child. I now have two children attending. I could not be more pleased. The faculty and staff are great. My kids love their teachers. What they have learned in the short amount of time they have been in school is great.

Posted November 19, 2004
I Think the children are the number one priorty at South Jackson. All the teachers, staff members take extra time with the students and make them feel special. The after school program is one of the best in the county. The students don't want to leave when it is time to go home. They have great staff to help with student homework. This helps working parents alot.

South Jackson Elementary School
8144 Jefferson Rd, Athens, GA  30607
Last modified South Jackson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.