Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We adore Barnett Shoals Elementary and my sons teacher, Katie Grooms (1st grade) is amazing! She has been such a God send for our family and I can honestly say that our son has grown to love learning and being at his school because of this teacher. Ever since we went to meet her before school started for the year, she has been kind and loving and sincere towards us. She has loved and protected our boy and pushed him to grow and be strong and brave. She has encouraged him and hugged him before he leaves school EVERY SINGLE DAY she has taught him this year. He talks about her constantly and tells us all the time about how she helps him do things for himself...rather than just doing them for him. She has helped him love praised him for hard work and helped him work towards goals for improvement on things he wasn't so great at doing. Katie has helped foster an environment of honesty and kindness in his classroom and every kind in her room loves her as much as we do. I will be so sad when this school year ends and she isn't his teacher anymore. She deserves so much more praise than this and I can say 100% positively that she will always be remembered in out house.

We LOVE Barnett Shoals! The office staff, the teaching staff...everyone...we love them all! We have had nothing but positive experiences here and are so excited about having our daughter join our son at this school in the fall of 2016!

this school is really a good school, that is why I chose this school for my child. the only improvement for the school is to get more classed for the foreign language students

All three of my children went to Barnett Shoals, and I do not think that I can share enough praise for the school, the teachers, or the administration. A fabulous, creative place! We have moved to an area in the northeast that prides itself in education. I can say that not only was the education my children got at Barnett Shoals more than competitive, my son has tested in the 98-99% in the standardized math and science tests since we've gotten here... I think that clearly speaks to the quality of Barnett Shoals program.

Great school! Three of my daughters attended Barnett Shoals Elem. until we had to move back home. The teachers there are awesome! My girls are now in middle school & their favorite school memories are in Mrs. Aguilar's K class.

Barnett Shoals Elementary school seeks to improve student achievement across the board. The PTO is very involved in helping the teachers be better at what they do, and keeping the school an exciting environment for children to learn.

I am sorry to see the negative review by one parent who came from out of state. My granddaughter attended this school last year &we were so pleased. We had to change her school as the school district did--moved many kids elsewhere. I suspect the teacher was the problem, not the school. Aliceson Nobles was Bianca's teacher, &she is a most wonderful teacher, going beyond the call of duty. She coached the step team (which won many competitions)& made so many other efforts. The homework was more than appropriate, even on weekends in addition to 30 mins. reading each &every day. I think that parent should notify the principal and/or the school district if her child was placed with a less than dedicated teacher, which seems to be the case, &could have easily changed teachers if she had asked.

I was extremely disappointed in this school. We moved here from out of state & did not get a chance to visit the schools before the move. My seven year old son told me that his behavior at BSES was worse than at his previous school because of lower expectations. I had to supplement his homework with additional work to keep him moving forward. The crossword puzzles and word finds that were sent home as homework are not acceptable. If I am unable to get my son into a private school, I will home school. I cannot put my children back into this school district.

I am really glad we had a chance to come and visit Clarke schools before we moved here, and didn't go by what what said on this site. Barnett Schoals a '2'? Seriously? Not our experience. BS gets UGA School of Ed masters program grads + has a stable group of veteran teachers who help newer teachers. My child has blossomed in her class. The physical structure is well kept, and the school culture is close-knit. My husband is a prof at UGA, and we are more than pleased with this school.

This school is the best! The principal, the teachers, and the entire staff were nothing but wonderful. I couldn't have asked for a better school for my son to attend. We have since moved and no longer attend BSES, but it was great while we were there.

Last modified Barnett Shoals Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.