Athens, GA

Posted August 11, 2013
All three of my children went to Barnett Shoals, and I do not think that I can share enough praise for the school, the teachers, or the administration. A fabulous, creative place! We have moved to an area in the northeast that prides itself in education. I can say that not only was the education my children got at Barnett Shoals more than competitive, my son has tested in the 98-99% in the standardized math and science tests since we've gotten here... I think that clearly speaks to the quality of Barnett Shoals program.

Posted October 23, 2009
Great school! Three of my daughters attended Barnett Shoals Elem. until we had to move back home. The teachers there are awesome! My girls are now in middle school & their favorite school memories are in Mrs. Aguilar's K class.

Barnett Shoals Elementary School 0

Posted October 07, 2009
Barnett Shoals Elementary school seeks to improve student achievement across the board. The PTO is very involved in helping the teachers be better at what they do, and keeping the school an exciting environment for children to learn.

Posted September 18, 2009
I am sorry to see the negative review by one parent who came from out of state. My granddaughter attended this school last year &we were so pleased. We had to change her school as the school district did--moved many kids elsewhere. I suspect the teacher was the problem, not the school. Aliceson Nobles was Bianca's teacher, &she is a most wonderful teacher, going beyond the call of duty. She coached the step team (which won many competitions)& made so many other efforts. The homework was more than appropriate, even on weekends in addition to 30 mins. reading each &every day. I think that parent should notify the principal and/or the school district if her child was placed with a less than dedicated teacher, which seems to be the case, &could have easily changed teachers if she had asked.

Barnett Shoals Elementary School 2

Posted June 29, 2009
I was extremely disappointed in this school. We moved here from out of state & did not get a chance to visit the schools before the move. My seven year old son told me that his behavior at BSES was worse than at his previous school because of lower expectations. I had to supplement his homework with additional work to keep him moving forward. The crossword puzzles and word finds that were sent home as homework are not acceptable. If I am unable to get my son into a private school, I will home school. I cannot put my children back into this school district.

Barnett Shoals Elementary School 4

Posted April 03, 2009
I am really glad we had a chance to come and visit Clarke schools before we moved here, and didn't go by what what said on this site. Barnett Schoals a '2'? Seriously? Not our experience. BS gets UGA School of Ed masters program grads + has a stable group of veteran teachers who help newer teachers. My child has blossomed in her class. The physical structure is well kept, and the school culture is close-knit. My husband is a prof at UGA, and we are more than pleased with this school.

Posted October 21, 2008
This school is the best! The principal, the teachers, and the entire staff were nothing but wonderful. I couldn't have asked for a better school for my son to attend. We have since moved and no longer attend BSES, but it was great while we were there.

Posted September 12, 2008
Excellent School Caring teachers. No better school if your child is autistic.

Posted September 04, 2008

Posted October 27, 2007
- a staff
I have been very impressed with Barnett Shoals. I get really tired of people leaving Clarke Co. to go to Oconee schools. They don't know what they are missing! Most of the teachers at BSES are working on a master's degree or have one. It is a school filled with respect and joy. The halls are filled with art work. The ASP program provides many extracurricular activities for the children, including piano lessons. My child is very happy there.

Barnett Shoals Elementary School
3220 Barnett Shoals Rd, Athens, GA  30605
Last modified Barnett Shoals Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Barnett Shoals Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top