Athens, GA

Whitehead Road Elementary School 4

Posted September 13, 2014
My daughters attended last year (2 & 4th grade), and are back at Whitehead this year. We have had a good overall experience. The teachers have been good, and seem to work to challenge the kids. The principal (McDaniel) is very responsive - we had a concern about one of our daughters being bullied during the afterschool program, and he immediately met with her and investigated the incident. They revised the afterschool program so that the younger and older kids were separated, which resolved the issue. The school is also very open to having parental involvement, which is great.

Whitehead Road Elementary School 0

Posted May 29, 2009
My son attended the Pre-K program this past year, and it was wonderful. His teacher was amazing and very involved. I really couldnt believe how much he learned just to be in pre-k. I know other parents whose children go to other schools and there children are no where near as advanced as my son, this program is great! The teachers and principle are the best.

Whitehead Road Elementary School 0

Posted October 02, 2008
This is a great school. My child has ADHD and she has been going to this school for two years now. The teachers and I work very closely to monitor her school work and behavior and its going great.

Posted July 28, 2008
There are many reasons I love and support this school. All three of my children attend this school. The school is 100% dedicated to the children and getting the parents involved in their child's education. I feel like my children and I have a full team of teachers and staff all working togather toward getting my children onto the best path for their education.

Posted April 24, 2006
Whitehead Road is a great school; I have two son's attending. My wife and I moved here a year ago to attend the University of Georgia. We see the Principal and Assistant Principal walking around daily. The children know who these great administrators are. We attend the monthly assembly programs where the principal always gives away prizes. If someone is not there when he calls their name all of the students along with the principal shouts 'When You Miss School You Miss Out'. We love how the teachers take time to care for the students. My child's teacher came over to the house to see why my child was not at school. The counselor works with groups of children daily. We could not have asked for a better school for our children. For the first time they never want to miss school. We love Whitehead Road Elementary School. CDM

Posted October 03, 2004
My son has just started Kindergarten at Whitehead and he loves it! We have been more than impressed w/ the student body, faculty and the new principle. They have a great program to teach children about integrity, personal growth and respecting the community called: the Koalaty Kid Program. Their school motto is: When you miss school, you miss out! I look forward to enrolling , when my daughter, (in two years) enters Pre-K and would suggest this elementary to anyone who lives on Athens, West Side.

Whitehead Road Elementary School
500 Whitehead Rd, Athens, GA  30606
Last modified Whitehead Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Whitehead Road Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top