School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Awesome teaching staff. Caring and stable leadership. Tremendous family support. The best kept secret in the Clarke County School District.
August 30, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)

To single out one person, is extremely difficult! I have 3 children attending WRES and we have experienced nothing but respect, integrity and support from the teachers, staff members and principal. If you ask my children how they feel about school, their reply is, "When you miss school, you miss out!" That to me spreaks, to the motivation and inspiration that WRES delivers, each and everyday. As a parent and supporters of Whitehead, I am thankful for this village that have and are teaching my children not only to be "Koalty" students, but great citizens in this community.

Develops character: Strongly agree

We work hard at WRES to make sure students are learning not only academics, but also how to be great citizens and leaders.

Whitehead is such a wonderful place to be because all the staff really support each other, the parents are helpful, and the children are well-behaved and love to learn!

Develops character: Strongly agree

I feel like this school is one, big happy family and the students understand that they are loved and appreciated.

The teachers and staff are so welcoming and make this such a fun place to be!

Our teachers, staff, and administration is so loving and caring. Everyone is very eager to help everyone they meet all students, parents, and teachers. No matter what happens everyone comes together to make things happen. I am the luckiest teacher to be working here. Everyone is very supportive and I feel safe to go to anyone for anything for assistance or just simply to enjoy each other's company! You can't go wrong with a wonderful place like this!

Coming from a private Pre-K I was worried my son may fall through the cracks in public school. That is absolutely not the case at WRES. My son has thrived and learned more in the last few months than in his entire Pre-K year. I'm sure some of this is due to his developmental age but the teachers, staff, and principal are second to none at WRES. We are thrilled.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted August 30, 2015

My daughters attended last year (2 & 4th grade), and are back at Whitehead this year. We have had a good overall experience. The teachers have been good, and seem to work to challenge the kids. The principal (McDaniel) is very responsive - we had a concern about one of our daughters being bullied during the afterschool program, and he immediately met with her and investigated the incident. They revised the afterschool program so that the younger and older kids were separated, which resolved the issue. The school is also very open to having parental involvement, which is great.

My son attended the Pre-K program this past year, and it was wonderful. His teacher was amazing and very involved. I really couldnt believe how much he learned just to be in pre-k. I know other parents whose children go to other schools and there children are no where near as advanced as my son, this program is great! The teachers and principle are the best.

Last modified Whitehead Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5