Clarke Central High School 4

Posted May 16, 2013
Clarke central high schhasvbumped very positive experience for my children. Our daughter is starting University of Georgia this fall ,she has taken 11 AP classes at the high school and has definitely had a very challenging experience with those classes. The students who enroll in AP classes are self-motivated students who are willing to put in a lot of extra effort for the reward. The benefit of this is that the classes tend to be small and like minded students attend his classes for the most part. My son is just about to start his sophomore year at Clarke Central high school and he is experiencing the same challenge of AP classes, orchestra, band and athletics Our youngest daughter will be finishing private school eighth-grade and starting Clarke Central ninth-grade and my wife and I are confident that she will have an outstanding experience as well. Clarke Central serves a very diverse population students and I was worried that my children would not be challenged in this environment but when students enroll in the more difficult AP classes it becomes a sort of school within a school. They are forced to do a lot of extra homework and writing

Clarke Central High School 2

Posted May 25, 2010
The school is focused on preventing dropout. There are lots of AP classes. However, kids who are average have difficulty earning attention from the school.

Posted November 21, 2009
Im currently a senior at Clarke Central and I can honestly say this with pride and without regret. CCHS has given me the opportunity to gain knowledge that other schools couldn't provide such as a large list of AP courses. Central is filled with competitive students and staff members that are determined to prove negative stereotypes and rumors associated with our school wrong. These same students are playing on the football team for the 3rd round of the STATE PLAYOFFS, others are writing and publishing articles and works of art for our HIGHLY RECOGNIZED Odyssey and ILLIAD, some are singing with the choir, marching to their on beat with the marching band, and some are dancing up a storm on the danceline and step team. There is truely no end to what CCHS students can do. I will never forget my amazing teachers and the great experiences ive had at CCHS

Posted October 03, 2009
It has great teachers and a full array of AP courses.

Clarke Central High School 0

Posted August 04, 2009
Three of my four daughters graduated from CCHS, and I couldn't have been happier with their teachers and their level of preparedness for college. All were on the dean's list at their respective colleges and one is now teaching. Who says you can't get an excellent public school education. I've always felt parent involvement is a MUST, and found myself very involved in all aspects of my children's learning experiences, from bringing snacks for the cheerleading squad and track team to shuttling kids to AP exams. There is no substitute for letting your kids' teacher know that you are fully invested in your their academic success.

Clarke Central High School 1

Posted August 03, 2009

Posted April 22, 2009
i think that clarke central is a fantastic school to be at. the learning environment and everything.

Clarke Central High School 0

Posted April 20, 2009
My child, a senior, asked to attend CCHS after 8 years of private school. We were skeptical -- the local newspaper rags on public schools -- but agreed that she might. We couldn't have asked for better. In four years, she has had few teachers whom I do not think to be of the highest quality. There were a handful of EXCEPTIONAL teachers, incredibly bright and dedicated, who've engaged her and others in their studies and who've served as guides through some rough teen life passages. She has benefited from well-coached sports programs; wide extra-curricular choices; diverse environment; vigorous AP program; and superb counseling staff. The hardworking, caring teachers and counselors seem to be saints! She and many classmates are quite well prepared for the most competitive liberal arts colleges and universities where they will matriculate this fall, ready and eager as can be.

Posted August 03, 2008

Posted June 09, 2008

Clarke Central High School
350 S Milledge Ave, Athens, GA  30605
Last modified Clarke Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clarke Central High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top