Alps Road Elementary School 5

Posted July 17, 2014
Alps Road Elementary School is great! I am a 43 year old native Athenian who attended Alps Road Elementary back in the 70's from 1st grade to 5th grade. I have seen the school transform physically(old building to brand new building) and academically(not making AYP at one point to excelling academically). There are TWO staff members(one teacher,one office personnel turned para pro--Mrs.Judy Green & Mrs.Charlene Lakins) that WERE THERE WHEN I WAS A STUDENT AT ALPS and they are still actively teaching & making a difference with the current students!!! The principal Dr. Anita Lumpkin-Barnett has been the principal for over 5 years and prior to that she was the assistant principal at Alps...Dr. Barnett is very concerned about academics, but is also very caring toward the needs of the students, teachers and extended staff such as myself ( an Alps bus driver), custodians and cafeteria workers...She is truly a great leader...I am the proud parent of 4 children who all attended/ attends Alps(2 adult children, 1 son headed to 6th grade and an upcoming 3rd grader who still attends Alps)...All of my children passed the CRCT because these teachers go above & beyond to help the students succeed.

Posted September 15, 2009

Alps Road Elementary School 5

Posted July 25, 2007
- a former student

Posted May 22, 2007
This is a great school and I will continue to drive across town every morning and by-pass several schools just to get to Alps. The teachers really care about the kids and keep me posted on my child's progress and behavior.

Posted February 07, 2006
I had two children attend Alps. In only one year, with one teacher, did I feel the academic rigor of the school failed. Overall, the school provided both my children with a solid education and gave them ample opportunities to participate in special projects and programs. While it may not enjoy the reputation of some of the other schools in Clarke and Oconee Counties, Alps very quietly does a good job. The new school building, which opened in 2005, is excellent and the school has above average technology integration throughout the curriculum.

Alps Road Elementary School
200 Alps Rd, Athens, GA  30606
Last modified Alps Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alps Road Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top