Athens, GA

Oglethorpe Avenue Elementary School 3

Posted September 19, 2014
During my daughter's kindergarten year she had Mrs. Webb as her teacher and she was one of the best! I was able to freely come and watch my child in class and the teacher was so friendly and very forth coming about any issues inside of the classroom. I liked the way that she handled my child. I also like Mr. Frazier(the assistant principal). He was very kind and listened to the issues that the parent may have been having with the school or school bus. Dr. Dinner is the only person I had ever had an issue with, she was rude a majority of the time that's why I had developed a common ground with Mr. Frazier, now my daughter is in Fowler Drive school and my son is in Coile Middle and seeing the way the administrators at these schools handle my children is nice. They are not at all rude and try to help with anything that they can. My daughter just wishes Mrs. Webb could've came with her :)

Posted April 14, 2014
My daughter attends this wonderful elementary school and I am planning on sending my son here as well. We have so far been impressed by the dedication of the teachers and staff as well as their loving spirit. The receptionists always give friendly greetings and the principal and asst. principal attend school events and make themselves available to parents. There are plenty of involved, creative parents and staff who care a lot about helping children succeed.

Posted April 14, 2014
Our school is fantastic! We have qualified and loving teachers, strong leadership, and a welcoming environment. When my daughter learned that we didn't have school a few months ago due to a snow day, she cried. She loves going to school!!! My son participates in lots of activities - chess club, science Olympiad, bridge building team, and next year the math team!!! Out parent involvement is wonderful and our PTO is able to do lots of things to support the students and teachers. I really can't say enough about the school and how happy we are to be an OAES wildcat!!!

Posted April 14, 2014
Oglethorpe Avenue Elementary has exceeded our expectations. We have had caring teachers who go above and beyond. Leadership is responsive to my questions and welcomes parent involvement in any way.

Posted April 14, 2014
First of all, this website is inaccurate because a school's score is ONLY based on their test scores and all the test scores are from 2010. Let me tell you about Oglethorpe Avenue Elementary School beyond the test scores. OAES was selected Georgia Department of Education Reward Schools for highest gains in the state. OAES has an incredibly dedicated staff that goes above and beyond for their students every day. The Principal and Assistant Principal care about their students, their staff and the parents. Every time I have emailed the Principal or my child's teacher with a question I have received a prompt response. The PTO is active and there are many involved parents at this school. If you want to know what makes a school a great school you need to look beyond a score on a website and visit it. Talk to parents who have children at the school and see if they're happy. I see kids running into OAES every morning with smiles on their faces and who are excited to learn. To me that's more important than any test score.

Posted April 14, 2014
Oglethorpe is a gem of a school. The teachers are amazing and my daughter is learning so much. She is learning algebra in 2nd grade and LOVES to do math for fun because the school fosters that. The parent involvement is fantastic. We are so proud to be at OAES.

Posted April 14, 2014
Oglethorpe Ave is a gem of a school. The teachers are amazing. My daughter loves to go to school and comes home with so much new information every day. Really a terrific school. I am proud to send my daughter there and son next year.

Posted April 14, 2014
Excellent neighborhood school. My son is currently in pre-k and has loved it. His teacher is caring and attentive. Tons of opportunities for parents to get involved, and they do. Family activities happen a few times a month, and there's always a huge turn out.

Posted April 14, 2014
Great school!!! Teachers and students enjoy what the do... And parents are involve in there students education, really nice community... :)

Posted November 23, 2013
Great! School I just love the staff.zI have two daughters that goes here.One is I/ special ed shes in the fifth grade,and my youngest is in second grade. I been liking this school every since my oldest daughter started.They both are doing well in thier academics.All because of great teachers.Everyone is friendly Dr dunne she always greet! With a smile everytime you enter the front office,she always make me feel welcome to come and visit my kifs at anytime. This always have been a good school every since I was little girl going to school.Great teachers,and staff will always make a great! school.

Oglethorpe Avenue Elementary School
1150 Oglethorpe Ave, Athens, GA  30606
Last modified Oglethorpe Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oglethorpe Avenue Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top