Gaines Elementary School 2

Posted April 15, 2014
Gaines does not use typical A/B grades, but rather E/M/P type system (Exceeds, Meets, Progressing), so you never truly know what "grades" your child has. Most of the teachers are very nice, knowledgeable, and good with the kids. On the flip side, they do almost nothing to deter bullying. My child was physically attacked TWICE on the bus! I never heard of the children involved being expelled or punished in any way. There have been 4 bus drivers, and after the second attack bus monitors were put on almost 100% of the time. The school needs to drastically improve how they deal with a child's behavior (or lack thereof) as well as bullying overall.

Posted July 27, 2013
I've heard so much about this school and I'm excited to say my son will be starting pre-k this year!!!

Gaines Elementary School 1

Posted March 23, 2011
Thi school has alot of behavior problems. The teachers do not care about the success of the students. Teachers are quiting in the middle of the year. Test scores look horrible schoolwide from talk amongst the teachers. The Principal is not supportive at all. I reached out for help for my child she ignored my concerns. The teachers are telling the students they are failures. My child will not attend this school next year.

Posted October 07, 2009
My daughter loves her school. The teachers are great!!

Gaines Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
My granddaughter attends Gaines Elementary School and they offer things like sewing and clothing design, things we never had until at least junior high, and which many schools stopped offering somewhere along the line. We need more programs like this, to educate kids in lost arts etc.

Gaines Elementary School 4

Posted September 26, 2008
We are very happy here at Gaines. We have a wonderful principle and staff. The only problem we have noticed is lack of parental involvement.

Gaines Elementary School 0

Posted May 27, 2008
This school is the pits! I was so dissatisfied with the lack of professionalism and caring from some of the inexperienced teachers, and principal. If your child has any problems behaviorial or otherwise then please, do no not send him to this school they are defienantly un equipped to deal this your child.

Posted March 10, 2008

Gaines Elementary School 1

Posted July 10, 2004

Gaines Elementary School
280 Gaines School Rd, Athens, GA  30605
Last modified Gaines Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gaines Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top