Athens, GA

Posted October 27, 2014
Wonderful principals and staff! Very diverse student population and high expectations for students. Mulit-faceted curriculum and extensive use of technology

Barrow Elementary School 1

Posted May 26, 2014
My son felt useless at this school. Very sad. As a parent, I went several times to volunteer, unfortunately I was not welcomed by maybe half the staff including the front desk receptionist, principal, and some of my son's teachers. I was basically told my son is not bright enough in spite of exceeding all of the crcts subjects and making many E's in science and math. I had to comfort my son and let him know he is worth a bunch with tears in my eyes. Glad the days are over for my son at this school and hope that the middle school he will be assigned to will not be the same nightmare.

Barrow Elementary School 0

Posted April 24, 2010
My granddaughter returned to Barrow for the last two months of school during a family crisis. She was welcomed back with open arms. They have a saying: 'Once a Barrow Buddy, always a Barrow Buddy.' They really mean it.

Barrow Elementary School 2

Posted November 27, 2009

Posted October 28, 2008
Wonderful school, good test scores, excellent teachers and principal, great sense of community. Parents are super involved, which makes the difference between this school and the others in the Clarke County School District.

Posted February 05, 2008

Posted August 11, 2007
I love this school! My son transfered in from another school last year....I didn't realize how much he was 'missing out' on at his other school! Barrow is the best!

Posted June 15, 2007
Couldn't be happier with Barrow--one child just finished 1st grade and one finished Pre-K. Fantastic leadership, strong sense of community, diverse student body--really an ideal learning environment.

Posted November 10, 2005

Barrow Elementary School
100 Pinecrest Dr, Athens, GA  30605
Last modified Barrow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Barrow Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top