Athens, GA

Posted October 06, 2010
Our daughter has had three outstanding, caring, and professional teachers at Whit. We're so thankful for the commitment shown by her teachers from (so far) K-2. We're looking forward to three more great years. By the way, we moved here from a Northern, less racially diverse state and it's clear that the diversity here is a positive! Our daughter is growing academically AND socially.

Whit Davis Road Elementary School 0

Posted September 28, 2010
The school is doing an amazing job this year with my 1st Grade daughter who is in the gifted education program. She is being given extension work, and is a part of the SPECTRUM class where she is beginning to study pre-algebra concepts. They also have a very good program for students with learning disabilities or who are struggling to keep up, and those children also have a special teacher who works with them to help them achieve their best. And, in the main classroom, the teachers are very dedicated, enthusiastic and well-trained, so that they are bringing out the best in all of the students. We're pleased this year to see the focus and concentration being made by the school to teach very comprehensively in all subject areas.

Posted April 12, 2010
We love Whit Davis Elementary! Excellent school with great teachers and a diverse population makes it an A+.

Posted March 25, 2009

Posted October 12, 2008

Whit Davis Road Elementary School 3

Posted September 18, 2008

Posted September 08, 2007
Whit Davis Elementary School makes sure that the parents are as involved as they want to be, as a parent I am extremely happy to have my children at this school, they take the time to make sure each child it educated. The teachers and parents work as a team in this school. I feel very welcome at anytime of day in this school.

Whit Davis Road Elementary School 4

Posted September 19, 2006
Quality:Kindergarten teacher, Ms. Carnes, is fabulous. She makes learning fun and unintimidating. My daughter was frustrated when I was trying to work with her over the summer, but now she comes home excited to do her homework. Parent involvement is pretty good. The school is organized, friendly, welcoming. Clarke County schools have a bad reputation, but I feel that this school is wonderful (so far so good anyway!). At this point I don't want my daughter to go to middle school in clarke county, but I think as far as elementary schools go, this one is really good.

Posted February 14, 2006
I have been very happy with Whit Davis. It's very comfortable, and the staff seems happy. The principal knew my daughter's name within 5 days of her attending. I like her. The teachers are friendly, and I have substituted in the school, and I have witnessed how well-planned classwork and activities are. I think Barnett Shoals is also a great school (same district zone.) It's bigger. The teachers also work very hard. The vice principal and principal are very friendly, and seem eager to meet parent and student needs.

Whit Davis Road Elementary School 4

Posted December 25, 2005
Both my dauthter and son attend Whit Davis. The teachers are very caring and attentive to the students needs. The facilities are adequate although the school is a bit crowded.

Whit Davis Road Elementary School
1450 Whit Davis Rd, Athens, GA  30605
Last modified Whit Davis Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Whit Davis Road Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top