Posted October 28, 2014
Sarah Smith Elementary School is amazing. The parents of children who attend here are well educated and involved. Expectations of both parents and teachers are high and it shows. It has really lead to an amazing school experience for our 8 year old daughter.

Smith Elementary School 4

Posted July 18, 2014
My daughter has been at Smith since kindergarten, she is now going into the 4th grade. 3rd grade was one of her BEST years ever. Her teacher Ms. Truetel was great. My daughter actually said her teacher made learning fun. Best sentence to ever hear from your child concerning school. Smith has Great learning programs and after school activities. My daughter has really enjoyed being at Smith. Although Ive had my ups and downs with certain issues, overall this school is Very educational for children.

Posted June 30, 2014
We have a daughter who just completed kindergarten at Sarah Smith. We recently moved into the neighborhood and wanted to try the local school. We could not be happier. The faculty are outstanding. They are warm loving teachers dedicated to making the children into lifelong learners. We were hesitant given the large size of the school, but were pleasantly surprised to find that instruction was individualized to the level of the student. Can't say enough good things about our experience.

Posted May 28, 2014
Sarah Smith Elementary is one of the very best public schools in Atlanta. The faculty is amazing, parents are highly educated themselves, and there is a high level of parent involvement. From a real estate perspective, there are really very few better areas in Atlanta to purchase a home and to live than the neighborhoods serviced by Sarah Smith. Houses sell quickly here thanks in great part to the high ranking Sarah Smith Elementary. Just take a look at the real estate listings bragging about Sarah Smith and you will know what I am talking about.

Posted April 14, 2014
I have 3 kids currently enrolled at this school. All of them have teachers who are creative, engaged and communicate regularly with parents using various methods. The parent community is very involved in providing opportunities for travel, in and out of classroom learning and extra cirrucular activities.

Posted March 20, 2014
This school is the best. I am in 6th grade and I think the teachers prepared me very well.

Smith Elementary School 3

Posted June 28, 2013
We had 3 of our kids go through this school and each scored exceedingly well on CRCTs. With two campuses to alleviate the overcrowded classroom and need for trailers problem, we've seen great improvement in our kids' self esteem and academic scores. This is an IB school with very high standards. PTA is booming and yes, a lot of stay-at-home or part time working moms pretty much run the show. Frankly, I am grateful they are able to do that so the rest of us can work knowing our kids receive the best care. However, we also struggled with accepting a large number of alternative lifestyle faculty in the school as well as very one-side s(politically speaking) direction in which curriculum is written. For example, in a project describing "Great Americans," 9 out of 10 were Marxist Socialists and we had no option to choose someone outside of said list. Most of the teachers are amazing but you will always find that rotten apple that spoils the bunch. In sum, great school and well executed curriculum, but you will have to do your extra work to make sure your child learns YOUR values and not that of the state.

Posted June 02, 2013
My wife and I are both physicians and chose Sarah Smith (SRS) public elementary school as our 2 children's early years experience. When we moved to Atlanta we did not look for a home beyond the SRS district boundary as this school was for our children, by our design. Both left and entered private schools in middle school years and continued through graduation. SRS prepared them for a highly competitive middle and high school curriculum where they excelled. They have both entered into top 50 university/college. We attribute their success to the foundation that was built in elementary school years at SRS. Thanks to all the committed teachers that work tirelessly at Sarah Smith!

Posted May 16, 2013
People in Atlanta, please appreciate this school and all that it offers. Please keep the parent involvement high. We had to leave due to relocating of my job. I have not found a school like Sarah Smith in my entire state. I hope all the changes in APS schools will not affect the great quality in this school. SRS is truly a model school. I don't know who the new principle is, but the old principle was great. The multi-cultural environment was great. It was the best thing that ever happened for my African American son. We love this school and he still speaks well and wishes he was back there to this day. The teachers are very hard working and dedicated. This is one of the best public schools in the nation. Excellent...just excellent!!!

Posted March 25, 2013
This is our daughters 3rd year at Sarah Smith Elementary. Me and my wife are both medical doctors, I am a now voluntary retired trauma surgeon and my wife is a working internist n therefore the academic/competitive challenges we put in front of our daughter r almost always on the difficult side considering her age /grade level but thanks to a very dedicated staff n wonderful teachers, our daughter continues to surprise us by answering at times some very difficult questions. As professionals we would highly recommend Sarah Smith Elementary to families who want their children to excel and develop a mind of their own!

Smith Elementary School
370 Old Ivy Rd NE, Atlanta, GA  30342
Last modified Smith Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Smith Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top