Atlanta, GA
Students enrolled: 1,107

Posted June 27, 2015
We absolutely love Sarah Smith! Its a sweet community school with a wonderful and caring staff. My children are getting a top-notch education and also a global view.

Smith Elementary School
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 27, 2015
We absolutely love Smith! Its a caring school that teaches and exemplifies the IB (International Baccalaureate) attributes!

Posted April 26, 2015
Amazing School! Great teachers. Great facilities. Great programs. Parents are actively involved. This is a wonderful place of learning for our daughter.
2 people found this helpful

Posted February 09, 2015
I have three children at SSE and the school has exceeded expectations on all counts. Solid teachers are the foundation. There are a few less than ideal faculty but they are few and far between. The PTA is very strong and the extracurriculars are phenomenal.

Posted December 08, 2014
I am a proud alumni of Sarah Smith, and so are my two younger brothers. I am now in law school and I have to say that there isn't a better school out there to start off your education than Sarah Smith. The school provides a supportive learning environment that instills worth and value in its students, and to this day my friends and I still reminisce of the caring teachers that helped shape our wordly perspectives of today. I love coming home to Atlanta for the holidays and running into my now-adult classmates who I haven't seen since I was 10, and learning of the myriad of amazing things that they are doing now. I haven't spoken with a single former classmate who doesn't light up with pride at the thought of how much we all enjoyed Sarah Smith. With the changing demographics of the surrounding area, the school is not quite as diverse as when I attended, but I am sure that the staff now, as they did then, promotes equality, celebrates diversity, and challenges students to learn that although we may not all look the same or come from the same type of background, it is important to treat everyone with respect and give everyone a chance, which is key for developing minds.
6 people found this helpful

Posted October 28, 2014
Sarah Smith Elementary School is amazing. The parents of children who attend here are well educated and involved. Expectations of both parents and teachers are high and it shows. It has really lead to an amazing school experience for our 8 year old daughter.

Smith Elementary School 4

Posted July 18, 2014
My daughter has been at Smith since kindergarten, she is now going into the 4th grade. 3rd grade was one of her BEST years ever. Her teacher Ms. Truetel was great. My daughter actually said her teacher made learning fun. Best sentence to ever hear from your child concerning school. Smith has Great learning programs and after school activities. My daughter has really enjoyed being at Smith. Although Ive had my ups and downs with certain issues, overall this school is Very educational for children.

Posted June 30, 2014
We have a daughter who just completed kindergarten at Sarah Smith. We recently moved into the neighborhood and wanted to try the local school. We could not be happier. The faculty are outstanding. They are warm loving teachers dedicated to making the children into lifelong learners. We were hesitant given the large size of the school, but were pleasantly surprised to find that instruction was individualized to the level of the student. Can't say enough good things about our experience.

Posted April 14, 2014
I have 3 kids currently enrolled at this school. All of them have teachers who are creative, engaged and communicate regularly with parents using various methods. The parent community is very involved in providing opportunities for travel, in and out of classroom learning and extra cirrucular activities.
2 people found this helpful

Posted March 20, 2014
This school is the best. I am in 6th grade and I think the teachers prepared me very well.

Smith Elementary School
370 Old Ivy Rd NE, Atlanta, GA  30342
Last modified Smith Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Smith Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top