Woodland Elementary Charter School

Charter | PK-5

Posted April 11, 2013

I completely disagree with the last two posts. The current administration has turned the morale at our school around, as well as worked on policies/procedures put in place by Fulton County - improving it immensely for the betterment of the education and growth in our students. We have three children there and are in constant communication with their teachers - they LOVE our school, administration and most importantly our kids! We have seen them go above and beyond to teach and foster a warm learning environment for everyone there. Get involved at the school and you will be amazed at all the opportunities provided to our children - it's impressive all that they are learning.

Posted April 11, 2013

I am shocked to read the negative posts. I am parent and have been at Woodland for 4 yrs now. I have found the teachers to be exceptional! Hands down, they all cared about my children and me as a parent. My kids have loved the school too! Which says everything. We have a lot of working families in our school, and those parents do a great job of getting involved when they can. For those parents that are able, they volunteer and are dedicated to supporting the teachers and staff. Furthermore, the curiculum is very dynamic and constantly adjusting to today's needs. And this is hard to do. Teachers are so creative at finding just the right tools for their class based on their students. We have new and veteran teachers in our school. It is sad to read that a teacher feels they way they do below. I hope this is not a current teacher, it just seems so out of character. Thankfully I don't have a lot of need to be in the Admin office since my kids are thriving. But when I have, they are always eager to see me and sit down with me to discuss whatever. The new asst princ is just the nicest guy. My kids love him too. He is positive and so in tune with the students.

Posted April 11, 2013

Woodland is an outstanding school! I have one child who has been at Woodland for three years and she has always been challenged and nurtured by her teachers. My other daughter graduated from Woodland exceedingly prepared for Middle School. A very high percentage of the teachers at Woodland have Masters Degrees or additional certifications and care deeply about our children. The 9 teachers that we have had over the years have ALL been top rate educators who are communicative and encouraged classroom visits and volunteerism. The administration has implemented a positive discipline plan that has created a sense of community and excitement at Woodland. We love our school and are highly involved on a daily basis. I imagine that people who are writing unkind and untrue reviews have never attempted to be an engaged parent at the school or they would realize how wrong they are.

Posted April 11, 2013

As a parent I would like to thank the teachers my children have had at Woodland Elementary. They have been truly exceptional! I think it is amazing how well the needs of ALL students are met, from TAG students to Special Education. The teachers understand the needs of every student in their class and know exactly how to challenge each student. My children love school because their teachers are so caring and are even willing to provide tutoring before and after school. I have never seen such a dedicated staff! The programs at Woodland are challenging and tailored to meet the needs of every child. I know that my childrens are receiving an education that will prepare them for success in college.

Posted April 11, 2013

It saddens me to see that a parent and staff member have posted that Woodland is a below average school. I am also concerned because a specific statistic (9 out of 10) was used, but yet no information was given about the source of the information. If there is such a survey that conveys this information, then I have not been made aware of it. Now with that being said, are there areas for improvement? Of course. Is the majority of the school striving to improve in these areas? Yes. These past few years have been turbulent, but despite all the events that have happened, Woodland has still been able to give an exceptional education to the students. The MAJORITY of teachers and staff at the school genuinely care about each and every student, so please don't let the minority dictate your impression of our school.

Posted April 11, 2013

Woodland is a great school!. We have a wonderful, committed staff, parents and administration that support us . Our kids work hard and are eager to learn. Our school is warm, inviting and focused on the individual needs of our students. In fact, lots of other schools from FCS are coming to visit to see our innovative instructional practices. What more could you ask for?

Posted January 20, 2013

I am a parent, and I have been reading these reviews with some surprise. My daughter goes to Woodland, and I have to say that I've been disappointed. The school doesn't really care. We receive notices of truancy even though our daughter was ill and a note was submitted each time. We don't have any follow-up on important issues. We can't really speak to the teacher or visit the classroom. The school does not fix errors after the assistant principal admitted there were errors. I really wonder about this school and these other wonderful reviews on this site.

Posted May 3, 2012

What a great academic environment! We love Woodland! This is our third year at Woodland and we have been continually impressed by the level of education our daughter is receiving. The faculty is top notch and rises to the occassion to meet the needs of all students. We love the diviersity of the school. I believe there are 32 countries represented at the school. International night is such a great opportunity to celebrate this wonderful diversity! Additionally, Woodland has a wonderful inclusion special needs program. It is heart warming to watch all children interact and even more so to watch the superior dedication the special needs teachers. Kindergarten classes have two teachers per class with only 20 students! All classrooms are very spacious and bright. The school is clean and very well run. It is hard to believe that almost 950 students are attending this school, you would not know this by walking the halls. It is a very quiet and orderly, amazing!

Posted December 17, 2011

Our daughter has thrived at Woodland and we have been very happy with it. The teachers are very dedicated to the students' education and that's been the biggest plus.

Posted November 23, 2011

Woodland is a great school, with fantastic teachers and administration. Parental involvement is lacking, but anyone who puts in the effort to be involved at the school can and will see its strengths. The negative post about Ms. Gamble is nuts, and I think reflects on the writer more than the principal. We do have a handful of problem students, and the administration - Ms. Gamble and Vice Principal Dr. Shields - have worked out an excellent discipline process that is both transparent and fair.

Posted November 23, 2011

We love Woodland!! This is our third year at Woodland and we are more than happy with the school. We have loved all the teachers and staff we have worked with over the years. They are professional, courteous, organized and motivate and inspire the kids. Yes, it is very diverse, but this is representative of our city of Atlanta. Both my husband and I work full time but we make an effort to stay very involved in the school. The more you put in, the more you get out! As for the front staff, I have always found them to be professional and focused on the well being of the students.

Posted November 6, 2011

I am so impressed with the principal, teachers, and staff at Woodland. Everyone works together to help every child be successful and there is such a family atmosphere at the school. The parent involvement is also impressive. Seems everyone is working for the same great cause...our children and their education.

Posted October 18, 2011

Woodland has teachers that care, are involved and interested in their students lives and academically, which says alot about a school. No one school is perfect, but Woodland is constantly working with the teachers & staff to implement the most productive academic practices & also supporting the teachers well with what they need to do this. Our 2 children there have been able to thrive & enjoy school, even with the higher classroom numbers we all have at our schools now. Thx, Woodland!

Posted October 18, 2011

I am very satisfied in having my children attending Woodland. The teachers are highly trained, highly motivated, and inspire my children to try their hardest. Although the school has had some bumps in the road, our new principal, Amy Gamble, is leading the school in a positive new direction by keeping programs that are working, making improvements as needed, and eliminating practices that were not benefitting the school or the students. Our family has the option to attend private school, and we are at Woodland because of its strong academics and TAG program. I am proud to be a part of such a great school.

Posted October 18, 2011

Woodland has great teachers, a great principal, and a great community. My children and I are very happy.

Posted October 14, 2011

We have phenomonal teachers, staff and administration who care about our children - our family is receiving a top notch education and we couldn't be happier

Posted September 29, 2011

Woodland is a great school, and all teachers have high expectations for their students. It is a great place to learn.

Posted September 29, 2011

Woodland Elementary has a terrific staff of teachers who always give 120% to meet the needs of their students. They are well educated, committed and caring.

Posted September 29, 2011

I am teacher and also a parent at Woodland Elementary. I have worked at Woodland for over a decade and love the dedication and friendship among the staff. I believe that my child is receiving a quality education at Woodland. The teachers and staff work tirelessly for the efforts of the children, and as you walk through the building you can tell they genuinely love what they do. I am very pleased with the way the school is being run and can tell that my child enjoys every day. This is his second year at Woodland.

Posted September 29, 2011

Woodland Elementary is a great place to work! This is my second year there and I feel like I have known the faculty much longer because they are so warm and friendly! The staff truly cares about meeting the needs of the whole child!

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 85% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 91% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 88% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 78% in 2013.

127 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 83% in 2013.

125 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 90% in 2013.

125 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

127 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

126 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 83% in 2013.

133 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

131 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 94% in 2013.

115 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 90% in 2013.

115 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

114 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 80% in 2013.

118 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

117 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 80% in 2012.

117 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2009

• Amy Gamble
Fax number
  • (770) 673-4091

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now