Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted March 31, 2016
My son is 2nd Grader and he has learned a lot. Coming from a different country, it was a kind of struggle. The teachers are awesome, helped him to settle down and guided him so well. Teachers always engage parents and send regular updates on what's going on in class. Overall, highly impressed with school infrastructure, teachers and a very enthusiastic principal

Posted January 30, 2016
The teachers are amazing, work hard, and very helpful. I am so impressed with their STEAM program.

Posted August 04, 2015
I transferred my daughter to Woodland from A Dekalb County school. she learned and improved so much more in 1 semester, than any and all of the other time spent in Dekalb county. I was so impressed with the leadership of Woodland, the educators, and staff. they all make for a great experience for my child, and I could not be more pleased!

Posted July 21, 2015
Love the staff! Very friendly, caring and pushes the children to excel!! Look forward to another wonderful school year.

Woodland Elementary Charter School 3

Posted May 31, 2015
This schools provides a decent education but I was appalled at how heavily they focus on fundraisers. I nearly missed some events because we only received one note home telling us about things like Spring concerts BUT if there is a fundraiser coming up (and there ALWAYS is a fundraiser going on) or if they just received some big check, watch out because there will be a flood of notes, emails, and stickers on children's shirts. I wouldn't have minded this so much except they use the children in their fundraising efforts. Children earn charms for good behavior and what not (love this idea, by the way) but they also get them for participating in fundraisers - so if I don't donate or spend money at fundraising event, my kid doesn't get a charm. After a few months at this school my kids took to full on begging and pleading because they didn't want to be left out of getting a charm. In my opinion, this is a fully shameful tactic to use. Not to mention, when they had an art show and were selling the framed art for $25 and repeatedly reminded us to buy it throughout the concert and told the kids to "make sure your parents buy your artwork before you leave" just turned my stomach. This is a public school, I'm not supposed to have to pay for my children's education. Not an all bad school, and actually quite decent considering schools in Atlanta, but this was a frequent concern.

Posted May 31, 2015
I've had children at woodland for 6 years now, and it's gotten better each year. The school is on a great path to STEM certification. It has a dedicated STEM lab and STEM clubs, and next year will introduce weekly coding classes as well as both outdoor and hydroponic gardens that will be accessible to all the kids and incorporated into lesson plans. We have had fantastic teachers each and every year, and every child is taught at his or her own level. They can accommodate different reading levels and children are often a half or full year ahead in math. Overall parental involvement is lacking, but those who are involved are dedicated and tireless. The school is very diverse, and is a title one school, and we've found this to be a great benefit to our children. It is also a special needs center school, and the teachers and admin have done a great job in mainstreaming special needs kids when possible, and finding ways for the special needs population to interact with the rest of the kids.

Posted March 11, 2015
When I first saw the ratings of Woodland I was quite apprehensive, but my friend told me it about the teacher who makes or breaks a student. My son has attended this school for three years now. Being a second grader he loves to go to school and loves his teacher that tells it how cool the teachers are. I can see a lot of diversity in his class which is good. The PTA and parents are very active in organizing events at school. Overall, it has been a great school experience for me in interest of all don t just go by rating numbers, just go and talk to school take a visit before deciding.

Woodland Elementary Charter School 1

Posted August 19, 2014
My daughter attended 5th grade at Woodland for 1/2 a year. Afterwards, we moved to the Forsyth County school district. We had such a bad experience with the 5th grade teachers at Woodland. The curricula that the math and science teachers used did not prepare the students for the Georgia state exam. The science teach even admitted to me that he was not able to get through all the necessary lessons. Instead, he would instruct the students to study certain chapters on their own - so they could receive extra credit on a major exam, if they got the question right. My daughter's science and english teachers never wanted to help my daughter when she would raise her hand to ask a question about a lesson being taught in class. Since we lived in Forsyth County, my daughter's grades have improved. With that said it made no sense for us to pay more money to purchase a home within that school district. The schools are 10 times better just a few miles North of Highway 400 AND the property is a lot less expensive. Areas like Alpharetta and Cumming, GA are becoming a lot more diverse, which is also a big plus.

Posted August 11, 2014
Woodland is a consistent community school where the teaching staff is top notch. I am on my 6th year at Woodland and have been very pleased with how the staff listens to me and makes sure that my 3 children get the best education possible. I am also super impressed with the schools focus on STEM and STEAM in the curriculum. My kindergartener last year used iPads in the classroom, a smart board, and explored the campus to make learning about science fun. Another amazing school wide effort was the field trip to the High; where all 900+ students, teachers, and volunteers loaded up on buses to see a symphony, tour the High artwork, and watch a play. This was so well organized and ran so smoothly, and what an experience to see our entire school packing the symphony hall. Every year I am more impressed!

Posted April 29, 2014
Over the course of my sons K-5 years, the staff has gone through some adjustments and changes but the current principal and assistant principal are working hard to make this community school academically stronger. The diversity of the student body gives my child a true representation for "the real world". The Talented and Gifted Program lead by Mrs. Husack and Mrs. Artzi has been an adventure that inspires my son to learn and question what he reads and is told. My 5th grader is intrigued with History/Social Studies and Science thanks to Mr. Hinson. My son is prepared for the academic life of Middle School and the social challenges he may have to address with many more pre-teen kids in the mix! The community support is good through the efforts of the active PTA, and there is opportunity for even full-time working parents to be involved and help out!

Woodland Elementary Charter School
1130 Spalding Dr, Atlanta, GA  30350
Last modified Woodland Elementary Charter School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.