Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

Amazing school and staff! So exciting that Woodland is STEM certified! I love how the teachers incorporate the engineering design process into all subject areas including PE, Art and Music. Great after school programs for the students as well, in the areas of science, technology, engineering and math.

Woodland Elementary School's administration and staff provide a supportive environment for all students. Students are encouraged to work to their greatest potential.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They do whatever it takes to help children succeed! The focus is completely on the teachers!

Amount of homework: Agree

The homework really helps my child practice and home and has never been too much!

Develops character: Strongly agree

Woodland Elementary celebrates character education with their "character trait of the month" they are really focused on goal setting and developing the whole child.

As a parent of a student at Woodland Elementary I have been HIGHLY impressed by the staff and administration. This school is STEAM certified and offers an outstanding amount of special programs for their students. Literally every decision they make is all about making sure that my child is supported and loved. I could not have wished for a better place for my child to get their elementary education.

I taught at Woodland Elementary and it was an interesting experience. There are very hard working teachers who continually go above and beyond to meet the needs of the students. However, the administrators are constantly changing, lack the needed support and do not follow through on the things they say. Student behaviors are outrageous and take over every classroom. Administrators push the behavior issues under the rug and do not deal with them at all. Students destroy classrooms, get into fist fights and use verbal profanity regularly. There are great resources for teachers to use for the students. It is unfortunate that Woodland was such a terrible place to work. The teacher turnover rate is very high and everyone is miserable.

My daughter is finishing up her second year at Woodland Elementary. I have been incredibly impressed by the school. Everyone wants your child to learn, to be challenged and to succeed. I am proud that all of Woodland's hard work on STEM has led them to become STEM Certified this year. Hydroponics labs, coding, technology, planetarium, etc. all help the students to learn so much. I can't say enough about the principal and staff. I've never seen harder working people. My daughter loves Woodland. She's thriving and I couldn't be happier. I would highly recommend the school.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I love that Woodland has a word of the month, like perseverance, integrity and honesty -- each class learns what the word is and has lessons around it. They are there to teach a lot more than just the three r's.

My child attended K this year at woodland and we came from a very strong preschool/daycare background where she was already very academically ahead(Reading fluently by the age of 4) ,so I was concerned about how this environment is going to be challenging for my child. I am very happy to say that this year has been a great year for my child. Her teacher recognized her potential almost immediately and kept pushing her to do her very best and beyond and kept her engaged and challenged throughout the school year .My child looks forward to going to school every morning ,she loves her class teacher and is learning a LOT. Also as a parent I think the school has a very enthusiastic principal and she is sure to take the school to many levels high than where they are right now. Woodland is a great school and I am positive that if they continue to do what they are doing they will do great in their scores and rating.

Last modified Woodland Elementary Charter School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.