Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (3 responses)

Develops grit: Agree

Posted June 21, 2016
Teachers do. The school counselor is awful and does not support students at all. The administrators are aware but do nothing about it.

Woodland Elementary Charter School 2

Posted June 21, 2016
I taught at Woodland Elementary and it was an interesting experience. There are very hard working teachers who continually go above and beyond to meet the needs of the students. However, the administrators are constantly changing, lack the needed support and do not follow through on the things they say. Student behaviors are outrageous and take over every classroom. Administrators push the behavior issues under the rug and do not deal with them at all. Students destroy classrooms, get into fist fights and use verbal profanity regularly. There are great resources for teachers to use for the students. It is unfortunate that Woodland was such a terrible place to work. The teacher turnover rate is very high and everyone is miserable.

Posted May 11, 2016
My daughter is finishing up her second year at Woodland Elementary. I have been incredibly impressed by the school. Everyone wants your child to learn, to be challenged and to succeed. I am proud that all of Woodland's hard work on STEM has led them to become STEM Certified this year. Hydroponics labs, coding, technology, planetarium, etc. all help the students to learn so much. I can't say enough about the principal and staff. I've never seen harder working people. My daughter loves Woodland. She's thriving and I couldn't be happier. I would highly recommend the school.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 11, 2016
I've seen this first hand with my daughter's teacher. Her 1st grade class is led with compassion and results are achieved through discipline and empathy. I strongly believe the two go together.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 11, 2016
I love that Woodland has a word of the month, like perseverance, integrity and honesty -- each class learns what the word is and has lessons around it. They are there to teach a lot more than just the three r's.

Posted May 05, 2016
My child attended K this year at woodland and we came from a very strong preschool/daycare background where she was already very academically ahead(Reading fluently by the age of 4) ,so I was concerned about how this environment is going to be challenging for my child. I am very happy to say that this year has been a great year for my child. Her teacher recognized her potential almost immediately and kept pushing her to do her very best and beyond and kept her engaged and challenged throughout the school year .My child looks forward to going to school every morning ,she loves her class teacher and is learning a LOT. Also as a parent I think the school has a very enthusiastic principal and she is sure to take the school to many levels high than where they are right now. Woodland is a great school and I am positive that if they continue to do what they are doing they will do great in their scores and rating.

Posted March 31, 2016
My son is 2nd Grader and he has learned a lot. Coming from a different country, it was a kind of struggle. The teachers are awesome, helped him to settle down and guided him so well. Teachers always engage parents and send regular updates on what's going on in class. Overall, highly impressed with school infrastructure, teachers and a very enthusiastic principal

Posted January 30, 2016
The teachers are amazing, work hard, and very helpful. I am so impressed with their STEAM program.

Posted August 04, 2015
I transferred my daughter to Woodland from A Dekalb County school. she learned and improved so much more in 1 semester, than any and all of the other time spent in Dekalb county. I was so impressed with the leadership of Woodland, the educators, and staff. they all make for a great experience for my child, and I could not be more pleased!

Posted July 21, 2015
Love the staff! Very friendly, caring and pushes the children to excel!! Look forward to another wonderful school year.

1130 Spalding Dr, Atlanta, GA  30350
Last modified Woodland Elementary Charter School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.