Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (13 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (6 responses)

North Springs is a school with a diverse population. That being said, there are kids that function on level or below, there are kids who go to Ivy League schools after graduation. The point is, North Springs offers support for everyone who seeks it.. Just as private school is not for everybody, public school isn't either. Ive had two children graduate with 30 hours of college credit from AP classes. You have to pass a national exam to get that credit. I currently have a third child enrolled. Is it a challenge dealing with the public school red tape? yes. Does having students with a wide range of abilities sometimes affect overall test scores? yes. Our school has increased it's graduation rate exponentially over the past five years which speaks to the dedication of the teachers and administrators. Go visit! School is more than academics and test scores. It's learning to navigate in the real world.

My daughter graduated in 2016. She was in a highly rated private school and switched because she wanted "bigger" and said the classes were harder at North Springs. They have so many more AP classes than most schools and several levels of a diploma for the magnet program that every child can be as challenged as their gifts allow. She played on multiple teams and got to know the administration and coaches and was very grateful for her experience. She's now in college on a scholarship and felt very prepared. This magnet school is underappreciated!

Develops character: Strongly disagree

no, 80% of the time, they are clueless as to what's going on in the school!

I heard horror stories about the organization of the Administrators, but to experience was another. They are NEVER on the same page with regard to your child. My daughter was bullied for SIX MONTHS and the staff did NOTHING! They had SEVEN pages of discilplinary action against the other student not include, the evidence I provided of the student and her gang MEETING my daughter outside her classroom, they did nothing! My daughter went from being a straight A/B student to a failing student. I was never even notified until my child MISSED almost a month and a half of school that she was even failing! Never received a call, e-mail, or letter in the mail for tardiness. I updated the school of me moving a YEAR and several times and each time I found that they STILL had not updated my info. My daughter began to hide in various places of the school to try and not run into the gang!! Everytime I went to the school one administrator did not know about this issue from the other!! I now have to PAY to get my MAGNET student back on track to graduate! This school failed MISERABLY on communication with me as a parent. So, if your child attended this school, I suggest you create your own excel spreadsheet of when assignments are turned in, make sure that teachers are logging grades(they take months to do that), and keep record of ALL calls and documents!! They will have your minor child signing off on docs and not even provide the parent with them! I just say, STAY ON THEM!! Hopefully the new principle will bring order to the school.

North Springs provides exceptional academics and extracurricular activities in a fun, supportive, and diverse environment. The Dual Magnet program provides students with exceptional opportunities in many different interest areas.

I have had one student graduate and one student is a rising senior. Diversity is a plus and my children have had opportunities that have helped them achieve their goals. Is the school perfect? No. Is every teacher great? No. However, the majority of the faculty that I have interacted with over the years have been tremendously helpful and have cared about my kids. The parental involvement is good, although we would always like to see more, the ones that do get involved, really do care.

i currently have a rising Jr, and have been blown away by what is offered at this school! There is so much going on, there truly is something for everyone! The teachers have been fantastic, approachable, communicative. My child came from Sandy Springs Middle School and was more than prepared for his honor/AP classes and i feel he is on his way to be more than prepared for whatever college he goes after. Thank you North Springs!

Develops character: Strongly agree

North Springs offers many opportunities for every student to succeed through sports, clubs and academic choices. When some students choose not to do their best or are unable to do their best due to forces beyond their control, it is a lesson to all. Awareness of differences sparks conversation among students and greater understanding.

North Springs has been a fantastic high school for my son, a rising junior. He has been able to choose from so many different classes-from acting to AP classes. I feel the teachers have been supportive and encourage to reach his true potential. I am happy to see thriving parent involvement there. The diversity allows for the kids to realize that the world is this way- full of many different kinds of people from varied backgrounds. I feel he will be very prepared for college after graduation from North Springs.

I have a rising Junior at North Springs high school. We transferred from a private school that my son attended through eight grade. Our experience with North Springs has been positive. I am most impressed with the amazing relationships between this diverse group. This is such an important life lesson for our children. The magnet programs are outstanding and offer so many options for your student to build on their strengths and interests.

Last modified North Springs Charter High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.