Public charter
Atlanta, GA
Students enrolled: 1,749

Posted June 30, 2015
My daughter attended North Springs and it was by far one of the most unorganized schools she's attended. We couldn't wait for the year to end. On a side note I found the staff and administration to be extremely unprofessional.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 30, 2015
My daughter attended 9th grade here and I must say it was horrible! She had two teachers if I'm honest. Most of her teachers were not concerned about her education at all. The administration was extremely unprofessional, unorganized and at times down right mean. Even when we were trying to transfer the front office couldn't get her paperwork ready in a timely fashion. It took North Springs over a month to get her paperwork together. I don't recommend this school at all. If you can afford it, put your child in private school or don't move to this district at all.

North Springs High School 5

Posted April 26, 2015
My son loves going to north springs & the new principle is making north springs even better . I don't understand why some parents talk bad about north springs when they don't even know nothing about the school

North Springs High School 2

Posted July 31, 2014
The visual and performing a arts program is really good, but teachers outside those programs do not give a crap about anything. The way the student interact is horrible.

North Springs High School 3

Posted February 11, 2014
North Springs is an okay school .Some teachers may give off bad vibes or have heavy accents but you cant expect every teachers to treat you nicely or with respect.They are rude some of the administrators and janitorial team are also rude and incompetent .The education and experience are great if you apply yourself .There isn't really bullying .Sex and drugs would be the same at any other high school.Dr.Ruiz is really cool and interacts with the student to find problems and try to help them.He even taught a class because of a long term absence of a teacher.Very diverse no major racism (you can find racism anywhere).Ive had one problem and thats being singled out for a cheating scandal that i didn't partake in.NS just needs to work on discipline while keeping the actual interests of the students in mind.

Posted January 14, 2014
Very unprofessional, unwelcoming and standoffish Front office staff and counseling staff. If you so happen to have this school as your child home school, expect the worse and hope for better.

Posted June 06, 2013
I can't wait for senior year for my student to come and go next year! This has been the most unorganized school I have ever been involved with and I have 2 older students that went to different high schools so I have experience there. Maybe if you are in honors or AP classes it is better, but if you are in on level or have an IEP you are on your own. No one follows up in a timely manner and it is obvious no one in administration will do anything about incompetent teachers. Make copies of all your work because it is likely to be lost repeatedly. I regret not having transferred my student somewhere else in mid 10th grade. There are a few good teachers there that care, but I honestly don't know how they stay there and deal with all the disfunction and disorganization at the school. My child would say the same as me and also can't wait to be out of a school where many ,but not all, of her teachers have been incompetent.

North Springs High School 5

Posted May 28, 2013
It's funny how most of the parents are saying bad things about North Springs, but they're not a student so they know absolutely nothing about it. Just because you're child or you (if you were a student) had a horrible experience, doesn't make it a horrible school and it doesn't make it the same experience for everyone else. I absolutely LOVE North Springs! This is my junior year and I've enjoyed every moment of North Springs. The faculty, staff and students are so diverse. We LITERALLY have students from everywhere. I'm Nigerian and there are Nigerian kids that I can communicate with, along with students who are from Hawaii, Taiwan, Russia, South Africa, South Korea, Brazil, Cuba, and other foreign countries. I'm blessed to say that I went to North Springs. I'm not going to say that North Springs is perfect because we most definitely do have major problems, but no school is perfect, and all schools have major problems, some more severe than ours. The Magnet Program and the Academic Program push the students harder to get the diploma that the want like the Academic, Advanced, or Magnet Diploma if they work really hard. All I'm saying is don't knock it 'til you try it.

Posted April 16, 2013
This school is an absolutely the worst place for a student to attend! The teacher's & staff NEVER return phone calls & e-mails.My honor's & gifted student who skipped two graded attended for one semester & became very depressed and ill from being there. I had to take her out so that her stellar academic record will not suffer even more. Her grades started to drop because of the lack of organization & disrespect from a teacher. Not to mention when her teacher's ever decided to show up. Dr. Stueve is the most ineffective & hands off principal that I have ever met. Some teacher will find the need NOT to put grades in for several weeks & blame your kid,to cover up their inability to keep a grade sheet, grades mysteriously changed. It took me months & several calls to the Fulton superintendent to get any type resolution & a call back from staff. It took me 2 months to get a report card and 4 months for transcripts. My child's current school had to fix their mistakes although she was ahead 1 year prior to attending NSHS. We hated this place so much we moved back to our home state & my child is SAFE & is excelling. The Latin teacher is the best ! Poor leadership,poor teacher's ='s NSHS!
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 12, 2013
The school has a horrible administration and all the great teachers have either left or are leaving. What is wrong with the Fulton County School Board and Leadership at the county level that would allow the administration to run off the best and brightest of teachers? It is really a horrible place for students and teachers. Do not send your child currently to North Springs Charter High School.
4 people found this helpful

7447 Roswell Rd NE, Atlanta, GA  30328
Last modified North Springs High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Springs High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top