Public charter
Atlanta, GA

North Springs High School 2

Posted July 31, 2014
The visual and performing a arts program is really good, but teachers outside those programs do not give a crap about anything. The way the student interact is horrible.

North Springs High School 3

Posted February 11, 2014
North Springs is an okay school .Some teachers may give off bad vibes or have heavy accents but you cant expect every teachers to treat you nicely or with respect.They are rude some of the administrators and janitorial team are also rude and incompetent .The education and experience are great if you apply yourself .There isn't really bullying .Sex and drugs would be the same at any other high school.Dr.Ruiz is really cool and interacts with the student to find problems and try to help them.He even taught a class because of a long term absence of a teacher.Very diverse no major racism (you can find racism anywhere).Ive had one problem and thats being singled out for a cheating scandal that i didn't partake in.NS just needs to work on discipline while keeping the actual interests of the students in mind.

Posted January 14, 2014
Very unprofessional, unwelcoming and standoffish Front office staff and counseling staff. If you so happen to have this school as your child home school, expect the worse and hope for better.

North Springs High School 0

Posted June 06, 2013
I can't wait for senior year for my student to come and go next year! This has been the most unorganized school I have ever been involved with and I have 2 older students that went to different high schools so I have experience there. Maybe if you are in honors or AP classes it is better, but if you are in on level or have an IEP you are on your own. No one follows up in a timely manner and it is obvious no one in administration will do anything about incompetent teachers. Make copies of all your work because it is likely to be lost repeatedly. I regret not having transferred my student somewhere else in mid 10th grade. There are a few good teachers there that care, but I honestly don't know how they stay there and deal with all the disfunction and disorganization at the school. My child would say the same as me and also can't wait to be out of a school where many ,but not all, of her teachers have been incompetent.

North Springs High School 5

Posted May 28, 2013
It's funny how most of the parents are saying bad things about North Springs, but they're not a student so they know absolutely nothing about it. Just because you're child or you (if you were a student) had a horrible experience, doesn't make it a horrible school and it doesn't make it the same experience for everyone else. I absolutely LOVE North Springs! This is my junior year and I've enjoyed every moment of North Springs. The faculty, staff and students are so diverse. We LITERALLY have students from everywhere. I'm Nigerian and there are Nigerian kids that I can communicate with, along with students who are from Hawaii, Taiwan, Russia, South Africa, South Korea, Brazil, Cuba, and other foreign countries. I'm blessed to say that I went to North Springs. I'm not going to say that North Springs is perfect because we most definitely do have major problems, but no school is perfect, and all schools have major problems, some more severe than ours. The Magnet Program and the Academic Program push the students harder to get the diploma that the want like the Academic, Advanced, or Magnet Diploma if they work really hard. All I'm saying is don't knock it 'til you try it.

Posted April 16, 2013
This school is an absolutely the worst place for a student to attend! The teacher's & staff NEVER return phone calls & e-mails.My honor's & gifted student who skipped two graded attended for one semester & became very depressed and ill from being there. I had to take her out so that her stellar academic record will not suffer even more. Her grades started to drop because of the lack of organization & disrespect from a teacher. Not to mention when her teacher's ever decided to show up. Dr. Stueve is the most ineffective & hands off principal that I have ever met. Some teacher will find the need NOT to put grades in for several weeks & blame your kid,to cover up their inability to keep a grade sheet, grades mysteriously changed. It took me months & several calls to the Fulton superintendent to get any type resolution & a call back from staff. It took me 2 months to get a report card and 4 months for transcripts. My child's current school had to fix their mistakes although she was ahead 1 year prior to attending NSHS. We hated this place so much we moved back to our home state & my child is SAFE & is excelling. The Latin teacher is the best ! Poor leadership,poor teacher's ='s NSHS!

Posted April 12, 2013
The school has a horrible administration and all the great teachers have either left or are leaving. What is wrong with the Fulton County School Board and Leadership at the county level that would allow the administration to run off the best and brightest of teachers? It is really a horrible place for students and teachers. Do not send your child currently to North Springs Charter High School.

North Springs High School 3

Posted January 23, 2013
I enjoy going to North Springs, it's just not as amazing as I thought it would be. They widely promote the magnet program, but when you get to school no one even knows about it. None of the teachers have a clue about next year's academies, which I have been very confused about. I am in two on-level classes, math and spanish, and the kids are HORRIBLE. The teachers are not even trying to make these kids learn. A lot of my friends agree that the on-level classes are awful and you can't learn anything. The honors classes, on the other hand, are wonderful! The teachers are great and they engage the students so everyone doesn't just learn, but actually has fun in the class. Even if you aren't an honors student normally, take an honors class because the teachers will really help you learn the stuff. All in all, North Springs averages out to be an okay school, it could be better!

North Springs High School 2

Posted November 12, 2012
THIS SCHOOL IS JUST . . HMMM NOT AS GREAT AS THEY SAY IT IS . The school is dirty and filled with roaches crawling all up the walls , locker rooms, and bathrooms . There is never tissue in the bathrooms and the toilets are GROOOSSS ! Janitorial staff is slacking on the cleaniness. The teachers aren't as bad, except how they don't communicate very clearly and dont follow up with you. I feel as a student uncomfortable going here, It's unclean and just a bunch of lies that were in the magnet contract . I feel as if this school is a waste , the counselors won't change your schedule so you can have the classes that you need to graduate and complete for your college pathway. This needs alot improvement and I clearly see there is no Charter . You lost that along time away , because you wouldn't be suffereing for funding things at the school .

Posted September 06, 2012
DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT ...enroll your student at this school, UNLESS.....you want to pay (HIGH) fees to a school that is portraying itself as a "CHARTER" school!! Do the research, they lost this a long time ago due their LOW scores! Also if you want your children influenced by ALL the other "BAD" students there! Oh lets not leave out the caring Administration, that will NEVER solve any issue that may arise with your student, The wonderful Principal that NEVER returns phones calls, until SHE feels ready, the other staff that once your child have an issue (they label them as the problem) instead of getting to the root of the issue! This school is a "JOKE" academically and sports wise.....this school could possibly recover if: they clean house by replacing administration and allowing ONLY district children to attend the school......."if" you are considering this school...RECONSIDER...READ THE OTHER REVIEWS AND IF YOU NOTICE MOST OF THE PARENTS ALL HAVE THE SAME ISSUES

North Springs High School
7447 Roswell Rd NE, Atlanta, GA  30328
Last modified North Springs High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Springs High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top