Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Teachers, staff, parents... everyone is wonderful! This school has been a fabulous learning experience for us!

High Point is an excellent school with amazing teachers and administration. The school focuses on individualized learning and meets and exceeds the needs of each individual student. Finally, the culture of the school is one of community and inclusiveness!

We couldn't be happier with HPE. My son had Ms Woods for K this year, and we she was superlative. He just completed the school-funded, month-long summer camp, and was looking forward to it every day. We have 3 kids who will all be attending HPE. The parental involvement is very high, and we constantly see other parents around the neighborhood at the gym, at restaurants, at the store, etc. It's wonderful having a community school, and you can't easily replicate that experience with the geographic distribution of kids in a private school. Highly recommended!

This school has been amazing. My daughter went here for kindergarden and her teacher was ms spears. The whole staff is excellent. The front office people are understanding and very efficient. I never had to pay for school supplies or any field trips anytime i needed to speak to the teacher i always got an email or phone call right away. My daughter is reading writing counting adding and subtracting and has learned so much. She's happy to go to school everyday. If i could give it 10 stars i would.

We could not be happier with High Point! We had planned on sending our kids to private school and were very disappointed when they were full. We decided to try High Point based on the rave reviews from our neighbors. Two years later, we are so happy we made the decision to join High Point. The teachers, administration, and parent involvement is exceptional. I would not consider moving to a private school.

I wanted to write this review in response to the parent who posted about the special education program. We moved in to this area about a year ago and were skeptical about High Point after seeing their rating on this website, but heard nothing but fantastic reviews from neighbors whose children attend the school. We started our child at High Point just this fall in the special education preschool program and have seen amazing progress in his development. When he started at age 3.5, he could barely communicate and his social interaction with other children was poor. After just this fall semester he is speaking in 2 to 3 word sentences, plays with other children, and he even sings (!). His teachers are amazing, and so dedicated, and genuinely care about the kids. The main teacher is constantly in touch with me about his daily activity and progress. Our child wakes up every morning excited to ride the bus to school and to go see "teacher". Overall, our experience with the special education program at High Point has been very positive and to any parent in the area that is considering whether or not this program is right for your special needs child, I would recommend it.

it is already a difficult enough challenge to raise children but when you have a child with different learning abilities, it is heartbreaking and a frightening obstacle to release your child into the public out of fear of being misunderstood by those who are uneducated or insensitive. Though he received therapy in our home state he had never received an education in a public educational setting and regrettably this was our first experience. His asst principal referred to his behavior as typical for pre-k children who had never been to school and when I decided to w/d him from school his teacher showed no concern. I sincerely believe his teacher and the asst principal were not prepared to handle a child of special needs as they encouraged me to call Heards Ferry to place my son in a class. As of today I have yet to receive a call from the asst principal regrading her actions to unethically suspend him. I have only rcvd an email. I hope the best for those that attend this school whether your child is typical or special needs.

My daughter is in Kindergarten this year at High Point. she attended Pre-k at highpoint last year and we were impressed with the parent participation and the level of commitment the Principal and teachers have for their students. Most of our friends in the area have children attending private schools and we considered this as an option. After touring the school and speaking with several of the parents in the PTA, we made the decision that High Point would be a great learning environment for our children. My child is a forward thinker and very curious about the world. I was concerned that public school might stifle this. But i have found that the teachers have nurtured these strengths thus far. I believe that High point is a hidden gem!

This is our 3rd year at High Point and we are so happy with our decision to attend this wonderful neighborhood school. The principal is fabulous and provides excellent support to the teachers, staff, families, students and the PTA. It is a very special place with enthusiastic teachers who care deeply about each student s success. The front desk seems to know every student and family by name and is always more than helpful with whatever anyone needs. The school is well equipped to challenge students of all different levels and to give each child the best education possible. The hallways are calm and quiet and the students are courteous, well behaved and happy to be at school. Our family loves the community feel of the school and our children continue to thrive in both their academics and social life at school.

We are 5 weeks into our 6th year at High Point and are once again thrilled with the experience our children our having. Both students are being pushed academically, adore their teachers, and are encouraged both personally and academically. We continue to love the diversity and are amazed with how well teachers are able to challenge and meet the needs of each student. From a parent's prospective, I was delighted by a conversation I had with a teacher who is new to our school this year. I helped set-up breakfast treats for the teachers yesterday morning and at least 5 teachers thanked us and said that we (parents/PTA) went above and beyond. The aforementioned new teacher summed it up when she said, "You know, I have only been here a short while but this is teamwork at its best. Parents, teachers, and administration all working for the best of kids." Wow! Needless to say, that conversation made my day and I certainly agree!

Last modified High Point Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.