Posted August 18, 2014
My daughter is in Kindergarten this year at High Point. she attended Pre-k at highpoint last year and we were impressed with the parent participation and the level of commitment the Principal and teachers have for their students. Most of our friends in the area have children attending private schools and we considered this as an option. After touring the school and speaking with several of the parents in the PTA, we made the decision that High Point would be a great learning environment for our children. My child is a forward thinker and very curious about the world. I was concerned that public school might stifle this. But i have found that the teachers have nurtured these strengths thus far. I believe that High point is a hidden gem!

Posted September 18, 2013
This is our 3rd year at High Point and we are so happy with our decision to attend this wonderful neighborhood school. The principal is fabulous and provides excellent support to the teachers, staff, families, students and the PTA. It is a very special place with enthusiastic teachers who care deeply about each student s success. The front desk seems to know every student and family by name and is always more than helpful with whatever anyone needs. The school is well equipped to challenge students of all different levels and to give each child the best education possible. The hallways are calm and quiet and the students are courteous, well behaved and happy to be at school. Our family loves the community feel of the school and our children continue to thrive in both their academics and social life at school.

Posted September 17, 2013
We are 5 weeks into our 6th year at High Point and are once again thrilled with the experience our children our having. Both students are being pushed academically, adore their teachers, and are encouraged both personally and academically. We continue to love the diversity and are amazed with how well teachers are able to challenge and meet the needs of each student. From a parent's prospective, I was delighted by a conversation I had with a teacher who is new to our school this year. I helped set-up breakfast treats for the teachers yesterday morning and at least 5 teachers thanked us and said that we (parents/PTA) went above and beyond. The aforementioned new teacher summed it up when she said, "You know, I have only been here a short while but this is teamwork at its best. Parents, teachers, and administration all working for the best of kids." Wow! Needless to say, that conversation made my day and I certainly agree!

Posted September 17, 2013
My 6 kids have been at High Point Elementary. It started with my now junior daughter who went to Pre-k there. My oldest actually worked for years at the front desk also helping parents and being a great resource for all. I still have a son left there as the other 4 have been through. I have found my kids engaged, challenged, pushed to their maximum capcity, and respected. The staff is willing to go the extra mile with each child as each has had their OWN areas of specialty. The school is also a WONDERFUL reflection of what our society in the US is today a multi cultural, multi speaking kaleidoscope of kids (and teachers). My kids are not only getting a great education but also great exposure to what is out there in the world. My husband and I both work full time in this environment and know first hand the need for this total package for our kids. Lastly, anyone who is NOT engaged with the many opportunities to volunteer is missing the biggest part of what education is, a partnership between the teacher, child and parent. It is NOT a babysitting place for our kids. Sadly the neighborhood homeowner parents are at times the smallest population of involved parties percentage wise.

Posted September 17, 2013
I have had two children attend High Point and now have a grandchild attendint - and it continues to be a wonderful experience for all of us! She is thriving, has had and continues to have wonderful teachers, and looks forward to going to school each morning. The parents are wonderful - totally committed to the school and spend lots of time there helping in whatever capacity is needed. The school has a great sense of community - we are all very happy with this experience!

Posted September 17, 2013
Five years ago, we pulled our girls out of private school and made the move to High Point. We couldn't be happier with the teachers, staff and curriculum. With classes focused on different levels of learning (ex: on level, advanced, accelerated), our kids receive very specialized education. A strong PTA with a group of very involved parents ensure that our kids are getting what they need. Principal Nash is phenomenal and knows every kid and every parent at that school. One of our daughters is now at Ridgeview Middle School adn I continually hear from teachers tehre that the kids at High Point are always the most prepared for middle school compared to the other elementary feeder schools.

Posted September 17, 2013
This is our third year at High Point Elementary and we could not be more pleased. The teachers are fabulous and my 1st grader is now reading at a 4th grade level. I have two younger children in pre-k and I am amazed at how much they are learning! Lisa Nash is an incredible principal and has created a loving environment where kids are thriving. We love the school family and are amazed at how involved and invested the parents are in HPES. Overall, a wonderful school!

Posted September 17, 2013
One of the BEST schools in 30342!!! We have been at High Point for 5 years and have loved every minute of it! I have 3 children there and we have had wonderful teachers every year. One Kindergarten teacher actually called me at lunch the first day of school just to let me know my daughter was doing fine! I was so worried about my "baby" being in a big school. What an amazing teacher! I could breathe the rest of the day. Each one of my children are different and have been given such personalized care. Lisa Nash and Carrie Pitchford have always done a great jo picking the teachers that will be best for my kids. Parent involvement is what you make it. There are about a million things to volunteer for and help out with. Every time I go to the school for anything I see at least 3 parents there helping out with something. All in all we are in LOVE with High Point! I wouldn't put my children anywhere else- even if it was given to me for free!

Posted September 17, 2013
We could not ask for a better school experience for our child!!! Compared to our previous school experiences this year has been AWESOME so far!!! Our teachers, the administration and staff have gone out of their way to make us feel loved and welcome. I know my child has learned more since the beginning of the year than he did in his previous school. He loves to go to school, learning new things and feels a sense of pride in his accomplishments. What more can you ask for as a parent?

Posted September 17, 2013
We have a first and third grader at High Point and every year has been nothing short of amazing for both of them. They get off the bus every day with big smiles and stories of their day. The teachers and staff are so friendly, helpful and caring and our strong PTA and parental involvement help make the school an all around wonderful place for my children. The principal, Lisa Nash, is outstanding. I am so grateful to have such an impressive neighborhood school.

High Point Elementary School
520 Greenland Rd NE, Atlanta, GA  30342
Last modified High Point Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
High Point Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 80 reviews. Top