Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Spalding Drive Elementary is a wonderful place to learn. The staff is very friendly and caring. The staff know all of the kids and respect their individual differences. The teachers each bring unique talents to the school which makes learning even more fun.

We have been at Spalding for several years now and have witnessed the tremendous changes that have taken place over the last few years. The "new" principal is now heading into her third year and has developed a very warm and welcoming environment for parents and students alike. The parent involvement is fantastic and has made Spalding a wonderful community school where the focus is on the students.

The synergy between teachers, administrator is great. The atmosphere at the school and in classroom is great

This is our first year at Spalding Drive Elementary and the school is welcoming and family-focused. The smaller size of the school allows for more personalized engagement and attention. We're excited for next year when both of our children are at SDE. Go Tigers!!

My daughter has attended Spalding Drive Elementary since pre-school. Sad that she is graduating this year and moving on to middle school. The teaching staff has been wonderful and I know that she is well prepared to take the next step in her academic journey. The community is very involved and takes great pride in this neighborhood prize. Thank you Spalding Drive Elementary for all the great years and memories.

My son has recently joined the Spalding family. My husband and I are impressed with the engagement the teachers and staff expressed to our family. I love the quaintness, and feel of spalding being a neighborhood school. We are looking forward to volunteering and watching our son academically develop at Spalding.

My daughter has attended Spalding for the last two year and has loved it and thrived. While the school is not perfect, it is a tight knit community school with lots of caring (and more importantly actively involved and participating) parents. As others have noted there is a new principle, and the sense of excitement for all the positive change is palpable. She's already improved so much, and I have no doubt that under her leadership the school will thrive in the future. Just a matter of time before the great schools rating catches up to what many of us already know!

I totally disagree with the post below. My child attended Spalding from Kindergarten through First grade and those years were miserable. My child's First grade teacher was known for yelling at the children and this was reported and witnessed by several of parents and that teacher is still working there teaching 2nd grade. Along with the fact that the teachers and staff concentrated too much on "behavior" since my child no longer attends this school, my child has is in a better learning environment and is a candidate for the "Gifted" program at the new school. Even with the new Principal being there it does not erase the bad experience that me and my child had at Spalding Elementary, I hope with the new leadership involved that this school really turns itself around....

So many comments are related to the Principal who is now gone. We have a new one this year and have high hopes. My daughter was also in 2nd grade last year and I know exactly the situation described below where a substitute covered the class most of the year. Thankfully, my daughter was not in that class and I have come to realize that a teacher can really ruin a year for your child. But that does not represent the whole of the school. The school is great and the parents are very involved. My daughter has been there since Pre-K and I have been happy overall.

When we started our first child at Spalding 5 years ago, we were very nervous. 4 years and 3 kids later we are so happy we chose public over private. Spalding has a great neighborhood feel and great parental involvement. Cannot wait for our new principal this year she is showing us already how much she cares about open communication with parents . a welcome change from past years!!

Last modified Spalding Drive Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.