Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted July 04, 2016
They care, attention and concern for children academic well being. Collaboration between parent and teachers which helps all students

Posted July 04, 2016
The synergy between teachers, administrator is great. The atmosphere at the school and in classroom is great

Posted February 16, 2016
This is our first year at Spalding Drive Elementary and the school is welcoming and family-focused. The smaller size of the school allows for more personalized engagement and attention. We're excited for next year when both of our children are at SDE. Go Tigers!!

Grateful to: School leader

Posted February 16, 2016
Ms Lynn Johnson, the principal, has done an excellent job of setting the school up as a family. The parent engagement is wonderful. But it doesn't stop there - there's opportunities for sibling and grandparents involvement. It's a family-focused environment and it all starts from Ms Johnson's strong leadership.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted February 16, 2016
The administrators and teachers go out of their ways to learn the names of all of the students, not just the ones in their classroom.

Posted January 10, 2016
My daughter has attended Spalding Drive Elementary since pre-school. Sad that she is graduating this year and moving on to middle school. The teaching staff has been wonderful and I know that she is well prepared to take the next step in her academic journey. The community is very involved and takes great pride in this neighborhood prize. Thank you Spalding Drive Elementary for all the great years and memories.

Posted September 30, 2015
My son has recently joined the Spalding family. My husband and I are impressed with the engagement the teachers and staff expressed to our family. I love the quaintness, and feel of spalding being a neighborhood school. We are looking forward to volunteering and watching our son academically develop at Spalding.

Posted January 21, 2015
My daughter has attended Spalding for the last two year and has loved it and thrived. While the school is not perfect, it is a tight knit community school with lots of caring (and more importantly actively involved and participating) parents. As others have noted there is a new principle, and the sense of excitement for all the positive change is palpable. She's already improved so much, and I have no doubt that under her leadership the school will thrive in the future. Just a matter of time before the great schools rating catches up to what many of us already know!

Spalding Drive Elementary School 1

Posted August 20, 2014
I totally disagree with the post below. My child attended Spalding from Kindergarten through First grade and those years were miserable. My child's First grade teacher was known for yelling at the children and this was reported and witnessed by several of parents and that teacher is still working there teaching 2nd grade. Along with the fact that the teachers and staff concentrated too much on "behavior" since my child no longer attends this school, my child has is in a better learning environment and is a candidate for the "Gifted" program at the new school. Even with the new Principal being there it does not erase the bad experience that me and my child had at Spalding Elementary, I hope with the new leadership involved that this school really turns itself around....

Spalding Drive Elementary School 4

Posted August 06, 2014
So many comments are related to the Principal who is now gone. We have a new one this year and have high hopes. My daughter was also in 2nd grade last year and I know exactly the situation described below where a substitute covered the class most of the year. Thankfully, my daughter was not in that class and I have come to realize that a teacher can really ruin a year for your child. But that does not represent the whole of the school. The school is great and the parents are very involved. My daughter has been there since Pre-K and I have been happy overall.

130 West Spalding Dr Ne, Atlanta, GA  30328
Last modified Spalding Drive Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.