Public charter
Atlanta, GA

Posted January 21, 2015
My daughter has attended Spalding for the last two year and has loved it and thrived. While the school is not perfect, it is a tight knit community school with lots of caring (and more importantly actively involved and participating) parents. As others have noted there is a new principle, and the sense of excitement for all the positive change is palpable. She's already improved so much, and I have no doubt that under her leadership the school will thrive in the future. Just a matter of time before the great schools rating catches up to what many of us already know!

Spalding Drive Elementary School 1

Posted August 20, 2014
I totally disagree with the post below. My child attended Spalding from Kindergarten through First grade and those years were miserable. My child's First grade teacher was known for yelling at the children and this was reported and witnessed by several of parents and that teacher is still working there teaching 2nd grade. Along with the fact that the teachers and staff concentrated too much on "behavior" since my child no longer attends this school, my child has is in a better learning environment and is a candidate for the "Gifted" program at the new school. Even with the new Principal being there it does not erase the bad experience that me and my child had at Spalding Elementary, I hope with the new leadership involved that this school really turns itself around....

Spalding Drive Elementary School 4

Posted August 06, 2014
So many comments are related to the Principal who is now gone. We have a new one this year and have high hopes. My daughter was also in 2nd grade last year and I know exactly the situation described below where a substitute covered the class most of the year. Thankfully, my daughter was not in that class and I have come to realize that a teacher can really ruin a year for your child. But that does not represent the whole of the school. The school is great and the parents are very involved. My daughter has been there since Pre-K and I have been happy overall.

Posted August 04, 2014
When we started our first child at Spalding 5 years ago, we were very nervous. 4 years and 3 kids later we are so happy we chose public over private. Spalding has a great neighborhood feel and great parental involvement. Cannot wait for our new principal this year she is showing us already how much she cares about open communication with parents . a welcome change from past years!!

Posted April 30, 2014
The school is a really great neighborhood school. The teachers are quite good and the engagement level is high. The school was a local charter school and has now moved under the charter system framework. The recent principal did well but had a lot of communication issues, the change in principal will really help continue to move things moving forwards. There is a high level of parent involvement, and unlike most public schools, Spalding uniforms, which has been a positive situation.

Posted March 11, 2014
My daughter is in the Pre-K program at SDC. So far it has been a great experience. She has totally blossomed socially and is also learning a lot too! I hope the good experiences continue through grade school!

Posted January 14, 2014
Awesome staff and atmosphere. My experience so far has been most warm and welcoming. Thank you to all involved.

Posted August 30, 2013
My daughter attends the PreK program at this school and is very happy there. She enjoys the small community environment, the kind but requiring teachers, and - of course - her friends and classmates. Coming from a private PreK I was worried that her progress might be stalled, but the curriculum and staff seem well prepared to deal with kids of varying abilities. I've also been very impressed with the amount of parent participation. Given the state of our educational system we really do need "all hands on deck" and I'm happy to say that it appears that's the case at SDC.

Spalding Drive Elementary School 1

Posted May 31, 2013
This school need a total re-evaluation by the county. I had my child there in 2nd grade and it was the worst experience in my life. It was one year of free daycare. My child did not learn anything. The teacher is not qualified to be a teacher and was on leave most of the time. She was either sick or training; and the substitute doesn't give any homework and they would either sleep or play in the class according to my child notes. I cannot say more of how disappointed I am of the schools in Sandy Springs. The school tests scores just say enough !!!!

Posted April 18, 2012
I toured this school and was very impressed! I thought I was going to put my child in private school for kindergarden but decided to tour the school since it was in my neighborhood and a charter school. Wow! It is a absolute neighborhood school! Very small classes and the kids wear uniforms. I was very impressed with the curriculum, the teachers, etc. It's like a hidden gem in the neighborhood!!

Spalding Drive Elementary School
130 West Spalding Dr NE, Atlanta, GA  30328
Last modified Spalding Drive Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Spalding Drive Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top