Posted June 22, 2014
The previous Principal was horrible. The teachers are not all that good except a chosen few. I agree with the previous parent, Mrs. Leathers is absolutely amzing. My son had her last year and she was amazing. There not too many great teachers like her. If your child is not a "typical learner", this is definitely not the school for you. teachers are not going to go above and beyond to ensure your child is learning. They teach to the test ( CRCT)not to ensure the child is learning. If you are not apart of that in crowd you are treated like an outsider. They ate getting a new Principal so hopefully things will change. It is very political and some of the room parents worry more about giving the teachers enormous gifts rather than holding them accountable.

Posted April 29, 2014
My son (grade 2) and daughter (grade 3) attend Brandon. We moved from LA mid-year and transferred after the holiday break. My kids' teachers were so warm and accommodating in helping them get acclimated to their new school. Ms. Leathers, Ms. Bass, Ms Guttery, truly amazing teachers - simply the best! I love the academic pace of the school. Keeps the kiddos on their toes but in a way that's fun. Lots of school spirit here and great parent involvement. No tolerance for bullies either, by the kids, teachers or parents which I adore. Everyone looks out for each other. The carpool system is so well organized. Mr. Featherstone and other grown ups who help with carpool really go above and beyond. Its a happy place for a kid to be!

Posted October 22, 2013
I sent my child to Morris Brandon Primary Center for grades 1 and 2,and my 9 year old for 3rd grade at the main campus. I did not particularly like the teachers or the principals there, but I thought the principal at the Primary Center was a good one.I recently took my children out and I sent them to Pace Academy which I thing is a better fit for them. Overall I don't recommend this school to parents looking to send their children to a good elementary school.

Posted August 22, 2013
Morris Brandon is an awesome school! Sadly this is my son's last year. If you are looking for a dynamic educational foundation this is the school!!

Brandon Elementary School 4

Posted April 08, 2013
Great school, big though so parents should stay involved to know whats join on around the school and classroom.

Posted June 06, 2012
Morris Brandon is absolutely fantastic! Our kids have loved the school, and have thrived in this very kid-focused, achievement oriented environment. The teachers do a great job of connecting with each child and sparking intellectual curiosity based on that child's individual interests and talents, in spite of the large classroom sizes noted elsewhere in the reviews. We really couldn't be any happier, and feel as though our kids are geting a better-than-private school education without the private school expense.

Posted November 29, 2011
I love this school as miss it now as had to move to another state but I can dare say if you are not here you are missing a lot...my special thanks to miss Washington...she is a amazing teacher...

Brandon Elementary School 4

Posted September 23, 2011
I moved to an apartment in this neighborhood for my son to attend Morrirs Brandon, I love this school and the educational aspects but its hard to fit in with all the mega rich families in the neighborhood. The downfall of this school is the large classroom sizes, my son's first grade class has 24 students! I know it's an issue with all public schools, so I have learned to deal with it.

Posted March 15, 2011
They better fence off this property as their own and STOP stealing public education funding! A mob of connections ripping off public school system to benefit a select few. Many teachers are not even able to speak or communicate properly. They are watching their back as they try to defend the principal. Full of fund raising and so called PTA activities to fill the void of their empty lives. Education and learning are just their excuse to show off. Principal is out of touch and often hides in rich friends' house as "meet the principal" hours! They label their program IB but are in contradiction with IB principles from the very foundations.

Posted October 08, 2008
Morris Brandon is a top notch school due to the extremely high parental involvement (70 assorted PTA committees), dedicated teachers who challenge and provide additional assistance to students when needed, and a surrounding community that actively supports the school (including business sponsorships). Test score results are very important and the school's culture is VERY ACHIEVEMENT driven. Students, teachers, administration, and parents know very well the high standards expected. In spite of the rigourous academic standards, it is also a nurturing and friendly environment. It surprises me how well the staff can remember everyone's name, siblings, etc. For a public school, you can't do any better!

Brandon Elementary School
2741 Howell Mill Rd NW, Atlanta, GA  30327
Last modified Brandon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brandon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top