Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted December 02, 2015
Feel grateful for the personal connections with the administration and many families, and that we are able to have community with our neighbors.

Posted December 02, 2015
Our three daughters without exception have had a happy and successful experience with their school community - friends, teachers, classroom surroundings. We are thrilled to be living in the Brandon district.

Brandon Elementary School 2

Posted October 12, 2015
Pretty disappointed in our (mercifully) short stay at Morris Brandon Elementary. My son started kindergarten there in August. On Thursday, September 21, I got a note home in his folder saying his class had too many students in it and he was going to a new teacher on the following Monday. Knowing that I was starting a new job in a different state the first week in October, I called MB staff and asked that he not be moved so that he wouldn't have to have three different kindergarten teachers during his first two months of school. I was told no by admin staff, who said "you're asking me why you child has to move, well, it had to be someone's." She went on to tell me that my son was selected to move because he met a required demographic of "average, male student" needed to keep the classrooms even. You can imagine how it feels to be a mother, trying to help her five year old transition smoothly to an out-of-state move, and learn that his teachers don't care about his personal needs because it's more important that they can plug an average male into their new class. I then sent the principle a lengthy email explaining our situation in detail & asking that he be allowed to stay in his current class short term. Again, I was told no. We were treated very much like my son was a space-filler who needed to be moved around to meet statistics. I was so surprised by their inflexibility that I emailed his first teacher and asked if there were any other outstanding reasons for selecting him to move, because I wanted to know if she had had any issues with him that I could work on. She replied to my email, addressing me by someone else's name, and thus cementing our impression that this school is disinterested in families on a personal level, and that kids are not cared for individually. We feel very fortunate to now be in a kind and loving elementary school; stark contrast from MB.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 06, 2015
Generally homework loads have been just right. we have only eperienced 1 teacher who gave way too much homework and had a negative effect by burning out the students.

Posted July 06, 2015
My children just completed 2nd & 5th grade. They have both had a great experience all around. The new principal is engaged with the students, faculty and parents and is a refreshing change. The incredible support of the teachers and the Brandon community makes this school a special place.

Brandon Elementary School 1

Posted June 22, 2014
The previous Principal was horrible. The teachers are not all that good except a chosen few. I agree with the previous parent, Mrs. Leathers is absolutely amzing. My son had her last year and she was amazing. There not too many great teachers like her. If your child is not a "typical learner", this is definitely not the school for you. teachers are not going to go above and beyond to ensure your child is learning. They teach to the test ( CRCT)not to ensure the child is learning. If you are not apart of that in crowd you are treated like an outsider. They ate getting a new Principal so hopefully things will change. It is very political and some of the room parents worry more about giving the teachers enormous gifts rather than holding them accountable.

Posted April 29, 2014
My son (grade 2) and daughter (grade 3) attend Brandon. We moved from LA mid-year and transferred after the holiday break. My kids' teachers were so warm and accommodating in helping them get acclimated to their new school. Ms. Leathers, Ms. Bass, Ms Guttery, truly amazing teachers - simply the best! I love the academic pace of the school. Keeps the kiddos on their toes but in a way that's fun. Lots of school spirit here and great parent involvement. No tolerance for bullies either, by the kids, teachers or parents which I adore. Everyone looks out for each other. The carpool system is so well organized. Mr. Featherstone and other grown ups who help with carpool really go above and beyond. Its a happy place for a kid to be!

Posted November 16, 2013
I attended Morris Brandon for all 6 years and enjoyed everyday single second! I'm in sixth grade now, and honestly I would go back to that school in a second. The teachers are all so amazing, can't pick a favorite! Morris Brandon will always have a special place in my heart. If you're looking for a good school to send your child too, this is the place to bee.

Brandon Elementary School 1

Posted October 22, 2013
I sent my child to Morris Brandon Primary Center for grades 1 and 2,and my 9 year old for 3rd grade at the main campus. I did not particularly like the teachers or the principals there, but I thought the principal at the Primary Center was a good one.I recently took my children out and I sent them to Pace Academy which I thing is a better fit for them. Overall I don't recommend this school to parents looking to send their children to a good elementary school.

Posted August 22, 2013
Morris Brandon is an awesome school! Sadly this is my son's last year. If you are looking for a dynamic educational foundation this is the school!!

2741 Howell Mill Rd NW, Atlanta, GA  30327
Last modified Brandon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brandon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top