Posted August 18, 2014
Great teachers, diverse group of kids, wonderful academics with 1/4 of students in TAG program, awesome extracurriculars - makes a well-rounded student!

Posted July 17, 2014
Communication from the school is often confusing and disingenuous. The school website and numerous school publications state that joining and paying dues to the PTA is required of all parents. This is not true; the school and district cannot force a parent to join a private organization to attend a public school. Emails from parents to the principal often go unreturned, and communications from her are confusing and full of academic buzz words. It seems to us she is more concerned with impressing her district supervisors than running a high performing school. The IB/MYP continues to be an utter failure at teaching students basic middle school material - as evidenced by another year of under performing GA state averages on most CRCT tests, but the curriculum does excel at one IB priority: creating 'compassionate global citizens'. 'Global' is such a priority that classroom learning shuts down for three days every year while they run the RCS Olympic games and make students parade with foreign flags and cheer for foreign countries. Sadly, the USA is not invited to the Ridgeview Olympics. If we could afford a private school we would leave.

Posted April 23, 2014
So they have recently added new administrators theirs this on guy who just gives iss or OSS for the dumbest reasons. The new school system is really messed up. The 8th graders had gotten silent lunch and that administrator went in the lunch room and said "if y'all talk say goodbye to your crct chances because your gonna get OSS." So the student went to get his lunch. He said thank you to the lunch lady and the administrator said "hey when your done paying for your food go to the wall and stand there." He also said "did I not speak Spanish?" The student said "wow really your gonna give me oss just because I said thanks to the lunch lady?" So he asked her and she said yes. He said "of my apologies." Like who gives iss or OSS for talking at lunch like at least give them detention.

Ridgeview Charter School 2

Posted October 12, 2013
RCS does have wonderful arts and sports programs - music, drama, chorus, and all types of athletics are a big part of each day and most communications sent home, but theses items seem to take a priority above core academics. The standardized test scores for RCS are usually at or below state average, so there is plenty of room for improvement and it is a real shame the more important subjects are not the dominate priority. There is also an over emphasis by the principal on school uniform and adhering to every little rule rather than focus on teaching the students. A Charter is supposed to provide a school more flexibility to teach in more creative and effective ways than state laws typically allow. It seems the charter at RCS is being wasted and so far we are disappointed.

Ridgeview Charter School 2

Posted October 06, 2013
I do not know how well this school teaches their students as far as classes are concerned, but I went into this school to complain about the filth all around the school and the grounds. It appears that the adults and staff allow these students to throw their junk food wrappers, water bottles etc. everywhere. It is discussing. When I complained the secretary said " I am sure things were perfect when you were young " how sarcastic! Keeping our enviroment picked up is as important as math. The message is, I am not responsible. We spend all sorts of our government money on being green, but this school allows the kids to trash their school and the message is, it is ok!!!!!

Posted September 02, 2013
Don't let the great schools rating concern you. This public school offers more opportunities than any other public or private school in the area. With almost 70% of the students involved in a music program (yes, there are multiple choirs, band, orchestra, jazz band and a percussion ensemble) and sports offered to ALL grades through a non-profit foundation, the extracurricular activities only enhance the academics. The leadership is outstanding, instilling a culture of celebrating diversity and supporting one another. A middle school where every student can find their place.

Posted August 23, 2013
I am pleased with Ridgeview Charter school. My granddaughter is a new student to this school and already she is excited by what goes on there, she is excited to get up and go every morning, she made friends easily and is finding the teachers and staff to be very helpful and the students as well. I will enjoy working with the staff to ensure the children are getting the best quality education. Thanks for the opportunity to give my opinion.

Posted May 06, 2013
My eighth grader's educational experience at Ridgeview Charter Middle School has been a disaster. Meetings with teachers were not logged, learning plans and his IEP were not followed, and general anarchy is how it works there. Unfortunately we don't find this out until the end of the year. All they are concerned about is that the children wear uniforms - how pedestrian. This charter school is a failure. I hate that because we live in the charter school district my child is forced to go to one of these poor excuses for an educational system. Charter schools have simply brought another level of awful to the public school system. It's beginning to look like I'll have to home school another of my boys to undo the mess this charter school has made. Argh!

Ridgeview Charter School 4

Posted February 01, 2013
Outstanding teachers!! I am amazed by the passion and strong caliber of the educators at this school, especially science, math, language arts and french subjects. Most of the students particiate in the music program which is stellar!!

Posted October 24, 2012
I am now a 6th grader at Ridgeview and i was scared to coe to the school from the reviews. It is actually a great school compared to what it used to be. The principle is Mrs. Hastey and she is very nice and she loves her job. All the teachers in 6th grade are nice and into their jobs. It is an IB ( International Baccalaureate) school, so we follow the IB traits. Our uniform policy is more strictly enforced now. I am on the soccer team and in chorus. The athletics have gotten better and the music program is still amazing. Ridgeview might of had some troubles in the past but it has all blown by, it is amazing and i will cherish every moment of it.

Ridgeview Charter School
5340 Trimble Rd NE, Atlanta, GA  30342
Last modified Ridgeview Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ridgeview Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top