Bad
Good

LOOOOVE this school. Our son has learned so much. We were debating private but why would we leave? The school does more than most private schools as far as I can tell from my friend AND my child is far nicer and polite than some of the private school kids.

I have a daughter in 1st grade at MES. Good school, mixed reviews on the teachers, some are outstanding.. but competitive parents help to drive their children to exceed expectations. That competitiveness also affects internal politics but that is at every school so you have to work with it or around it. Overall if you are a vigilant parent they will do well at MES and volunteer to learn how everything works, your child will benefit from your knowledge.

Our experience at MES has been great. Our daughter has been there for 3 years. One year proved especially challenging because of a new teacher, the school and principal were very helpful. We worked through it together. As for class sizes - sure they're a little bigger than we'd like but that's a byproduct of the school's success: families move to Morningside because the school is so good. I find the vast majority of teachers motivated, caring and professional - let me know if you find a public school where all the teachers are amazing, I'll move there now. Becky the principal is incredibly hard working, down to earth and sure sometimes she can be tough to pin down, but that's because she work's incredibly hard for our kids. I have never had a problem just talking directly to her before or after school, or grabbing a quick conversation in the hall way. The parental involvement makes MES special too. Each kid is different, every school has its good points and bad. . on the whole MES has so many more positives than negatives. Our daughter and her friends are all varying levels of academic ability, but they are all polite, confident and happy.

This is the second year my girls have been at Morningside and the second year that school was not organized or ready for the start of the school year. Events and meetings for parents have been poorly organized and communicated or cancelled without notification. The principal lacks professionalism and sincerity. She encourages parents to reach out to her but doesn't respond to email or voicemail messages. Overall a frustrating and disappointing experience.

Atlanta public schools are not intrested in helping kids who have minor learning disabilities who are diganosed with ADHD and or Dyslexia.

I attended Morningside throughout elementary school, and I could not have been better prepared for the private middle school (Westminster) I attended. Morningside is, to put it fantastically, an almost magical place for a child to attend. The teachers are kind, helpful, and knowledgeable, and I had never experienced problems of bullying or popularity until middle school. Teachers and students are well connected with one another, and students form long-lasting friendships with equally kind and eager classmates. The best program at M'side is the Challenge program, in my opinion. I'm running out of characters, so basically if you get anything out of this review, understand that, when I moved onto middle school, I had an equal or better education than some of my friends who attended private elementary school, so never doubt a public school elementary education. I'll remember M'side fondly for the rest of my life, and hope I can send my kids to a school similar to it in the future. Go dolphins and MES!

Morningside is an excellent school. We have to children there in 1st and 3rd grades. Both have been there since Kindergarten. Most teachers are very good and communicate well. Principal is outstanding. Counselors could be a bit more active, yet overall are present. Library is great!! Music classes are fantastic. Languages have expert teachers. PTA is very involved and feels like a community. EIP and Challenge special programs are functioning. Plenty of computers. Network needs to be better maintained... Building could be a bit more modern; it's an 85 years old school. The portable classrooms are going away this year, and we'll regain the front lawn of the school. Yeah! Morningside is a great school. Be prepared to be involved and to participate as a parent!!

I have two children--one in 4th and one in Kindergarten-- at Morningside and we have been very pleased. Both of my kids love the school and I am amazed at the level of the curriculum. They are learning at an incredible pace.

My child is in his 2nd year at MES. We have been extremely disappointed in the school in both academics and discipline. Tremendous lack of support from Principal and ass't principal. Great neighborhood feel and terrific parental support. Unfortunately, it runs under the Atlanta Public School system.

My daughter transferred in from a Buckhead private school and although I was nervous about the transition, she has found a real home at MES. She has become more confident and happier since the move. The teachers/education have been excellent and it is a great neighborhood environment. We couldn't be more pleased!

Last modified Morningside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.